Galaxy Gear 30% return rate?

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes, unfortunately smart watches won't truely catch on until apple comes out with theirs. I do expect it to be the best out of all of them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

RicM211

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I think the reviewers were spot on when they said this was a rushed product so samsung could basically say "First" from the big commercialized companies. (Though Sony was very much first). The release of this product was probably based off the apple rumor bandwagon and off incentive to not being called copycats anymore. Same goes for the Samsung TV's with S-Voice that came out shortly after it was rumored that apple would release a TV with Siri integration. Whats funny is, I wouldn't be surprised if Apple just avoids the smartwatch market now. Or otherwise they'll do what they did with the iPod, watch a bunch of companies half *** a product then finally enter the market with a polished one. I'll wait until a company gets the product right. Dreaming its HTC....

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Samsung's Gear is a decent product and if you've used it you already know that. It's not perfect but it's the first iteration. I think the issue is how useful it is to you. Some love it and swear by it. Others that have used it didn't find its features valuable enough to justify the price.

from a Note 3

azsdfsd

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine for over two weeks. It's very nice for checking notifications and reading messages without getting phone out of my pocket. Is it perfect? No but I do expect some improvements via software updates. However even as it stands I find it to be quite useful. I usually get 2 days use out of it. I don't find charging it to be any more cumbersome than charging my phone. I've said this before, for what it does I don't think $300 is too unreasonable. I've even had several people compliment me on its appearance. So it can't be all that bad..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
If the watch never received an update and stayed the way it is I would still be happy. I'm not sure I follow what you mean by giving apple credit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I think Apple is done with innovation! It also follows very stubbornly ... of course when you have a lot of sheep, it's easy ;)

Cheers, Jon

azsdfsd

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
@rgriffin25 im sorry maybe there is something wrong with the reply system but I was replying to ric, sorry for the confusion

cheers

cherylbaker

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
It is large on my small wrists, but not as large as I initially thought that it would be.

One of my co-workers shares your preference in that he wants a stand-alone watchphone. If the Gear had had standalone functionality, I probably would have tried it because I like tech gadgets that much. But now that I have a watch that works as a Bluetooth accessory, I have a preference for this method of connectivity.

I would love a straight watch phone [as long as that includes text msgs and email built into the phone like an good phone does. Than my tablet would be for gaming and Web browsing. But since we don't have that option yet this works.. like you it is so nice to be able to get to the phone (via the watch) before it stops ringing which is what has always been the way in the past..

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Wonder if this counts all the canceled orders from tmobile

Yea, I was thinking the same thing...

Also, many people returned the $300 GG to get it at the discounted price of $209.

Who knows, the truth is, like everything, there will always be supporters and nay-sayers!

I still want it, but at the moment I would only buy it if it was sold for less then $100! :cool:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

john248

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Return rate of 90% of the time is the cost & the fact you could return & I'm sure everybody wants one, but not at $300 F dollars! Not enough functionality Period! I have paid $500+ for a watch & it made me feel a lot better than a double size hunk that nags me to fire up the Note 3 ;) Sony SmartWatch 2 seems like a better deal ... but that price is up from before .... neither are worth it. I and 905% of others have no problem looking at their phone & responding like they should! The key point here is RESPOND! I am sure a lot of people who, don't care anyway about responding, would love that they got nagged 300+ a day by their watch that has absolutely no functionality with out some connection to the device you should be communicating through anyway!!

Cheers, Jon

Cheers, Jon

I was not hostile in any way! Buy every color they have! I see it for what it is .... a very very early adoption of something that will take many shapes in the next year for sure & this shape is not it! There are some people that will buy just because somebody else likes it a lot & pumps this "****" out of it & then they are stuck with something they really really don't need or want after a few days. You go ahead & buy all you want Fanboy!

Cheers, Jon

People value things different; people have different levels of disposable income. If it's not worth $300 for you, that's fine. It's great that you purchased a $500+ watch. Hell, I can buy 20 of these Gear watches for the price of my Panerai. See how douchy it is to try and qualify yourself by saying you've purchased something that was more expensive? LOL Gear watch to me is a nice accessory to have where $300 isn't too bad when it comes to being able to answer the phone and do a quick check of any messages to go along with the S-health features. I can see where a person can value that and for those who are always on the go. I ended up returning it since there wasn't enough for me with it, and I don't want something to just take up space. These value arguments generally go no where as people value things differently; it's especially pointless to cry on a forum if something is too expensive or too cheap because people value things differently. There are guys out there with $200k exotic cars using a $75k BMW to buy groceries yet a $15k Honda would do just fine. Would you scream at those exotic car owners because OMG IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE! Get real.

Like with everything, it comes to functionality, aesthetics, and what it's worth to you. If someone has a use for it, great.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Everyone at the Verizon store I've been going to is pushing the galaxy gear, and once someone explained to me what it did and how much it cost, I said I pass on it. To me it just seems redundant. I always carry my cellphone on me, so why do I need to pay $300 for something else to do what it does. I love new technology as much as the next guy, getting more and more like the Jetsons all the time. To me it's big and bulky, plus as I've said, redundant. More power to you if that's your thing.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app

capcom303

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Samsung rep told me yesterday that they are having trouble with the gear and sweating. Seems where the contacts are for the charging dock if you get sweaty it can come in contact with those and cause problems

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
30% return rate, 100% ugly rate

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I happen to think its a nice looking piece of tech. Its not meant to be a Movado, Breitling, Omea, Rolex, etc. Its mean to be technology centered with a display.

- - - Updated - - -

I would love a straight watch phone [as long as that includes text msgs and email built into the phone like an good phone does. Than my tablet would be for gaming and Web browsing. But since we don't have that option yet this works.. like you it is so nice to be able to get to the phone (via the watch) before it stops ringing which is what has always been the way in the past..

You can get that right now http://www.omate.com/

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Samsung rep told me yesterday that they are having trouble with the gear and sweating. Seems where the contacts are for the charging dock if you get sweaty it can come in contact with those and cause problems

I have been a bit concerned about that, but they do put a 1 year warranty on it and likely in that time frame if a problem happened they will get a lot of factory repairs. Perahps they should should have gone microUSB on the left side.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana