Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Chrome vs Stock Browser in Note 3?

I have been testing both since the first day I purchased Note 3, and I don't see any difference between both. Can you please share your experience? I want to make a decision and set a default browser asap.

Default Re: Chrome vs Stock Browser in Note 3?

Actually both are good not much difference, i still prefer chrome all my bookmarks will be there for me when i login.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

ROM
    CM7 Nightly

I too prefer Chrome. I like how I can see what's sync'd on my other devices that's also running Chrome.

Sent from my VZW Samsung Note 3
    ItsMarieD likes this.

Chrome is more polished. One thing I hate about stock browser is when you double tap to zoom in on text, the text amount isn't rendered to fit the screen

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Chrome all the way. Why?
    - Better rendering than stock.
    - More refined UI coupled with better gestures.
    - Reliable sync across multiple devices.
    - Tab switching is way better than the crap on stock.

Sent from my SM-N900 using the S-Pen
    Thanked by:

always used stock but not use chrome..far smoother and on the stock it can lag abit not on chrome. plus being able to sync the bookmarks on other devices is huge.

Chrome OR UCBrowser. The stock browser seems to freeze up too much for me

Posted via Android Central App
    Lisbeth Ruiz likes this.

I just switched to Chrome from stock browser. The only thing I don't like is getting to the bookmarks. Does anyone know of a fast way to bring up your bookmarks? I don't like having to hit menu then bookmarks. I like how there is a bookmark button next to the address bar on the stock browser.

Quote Originally Posted by sux2bu View Post
    I just switched to Chrome from stock browser. The only thing I don't like is getting to the bookmarks. Does anyone know of a fast way to bring up your bookmarks? I don't like having to hit menu then bookmarks. I like how there is a bookmark button next to the address bar on the stock browser.
    Click the star on the navigation panel at the bottom.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

I'm with majority and say Chrome.

And there's not a huge difference. IMO.

Unless your use smart scroll a lot on browser, I'd pick chrome.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Make sure you also try Dolphin, which is widely considered the best mobile web browser on both Android and iOS platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by olues View Post
    Click the star on the navigation panel at the bottom.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
    You still have to hit the tabs button first then the star button. I wish there was a one button way to get there like the stock browser.

Quote Originally Posted by LunatiqueRob View Post
    Make sure you also try Dolphin, which is widely considered the best mobile web browser on both Android and iOS platforms.
    I would love to try Dolphin, but I can't find a way to import my bookmarks and don't really want to enter them one by one.

I've used Chrome when I got my note 3 but have switched to Boat Browser. Not sure why I just like it more..

Sent from my Nexus 7

Chrome. Bookmark sync from PC and the being able to drag down from the top to switch or swipe away pages is very nice.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

I just started using the Chrome browser again. There is really nothing wrong with the Samsung browser. But I do believe that the Chrome browser is a little smoother since the last update.

Scribbled on my Note 3.

Quote Originally Posted by sux2bu View Post
    Yeah this is what I hate about Chrome. There's at least 3-4 steps you need to do to access a list of your bookmarks. In Dolphin all you need to do is swipe right and your bookmarks are there. Dolphin is great for bookmarks but its quite unstable.

Sent from my SM-N900K using Tapatalk

stock is useless because you cannot sync with google ( jk shin being a douchbeag as always) and chromes snap to screen has gone missing....all this to say both suck

Both are great but, I still prefer Chrome.

The old man is on Chrome..

I too have been using both the stock browser and chrome. I like chrome a lot and the features that it provides by linking to my whole account. The only reason that I use the stock browser more often is because of the s-pen feature. In the stock browser, the scrapbooking feature works far better and is much more intergrated. You have to be much more exacting in your selection when using Chrome or it will crop only what you circle not the full paragraph or section. It can still be done but take much more precision and time. I found myself having to try it again and again in Chrome because the pen would leave the screen and assume I was done croping what I wanted to scrapbook. When it would load into scrapbooker the section would be little more than a chopped up selection with a link without it wouldn't pulling the text from the selection. Until Chrome is updated to integrate more fluidly with the s-pen features, (if ever) I'll stick with stock.

Sent from the Galaxy Note 3
    Banned

Without a doubt, Chrome. Does anyone know if I get the apk for Adobe Flash Player if it will work in the stock browser like it did on my S3?

I use Chrome. Despite any advantages other browsers have, I really like the sync feature better, for bookmarks and being able to view my history and open tabs from other chrome instances on my computer.

My wish list would include a "Home Screen" button, and a better way to access bookmarks, as others have mentioned.

Only time I use an alternate browser is when I absolutely have to use Flash...and honestly those instances are becoming fewer and fewer as time goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by JW4VZW View Post
    Without a doubt, Chrome. Does anyone know if I get the apk for Adobe Flash Player if it will work in the stock browser like it did on my S3?
    It might...

You can get the apk and try it out...
    Archived Flash Player versions
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    It might...

You can get the apk and try it out...
    Archived Flash Player versions
    I will have to give that a try, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorttt View Post
    I have been testing both since the first day I purchased Note 3, and I don't see any difference between both. Can you please share your experience? I want to make a decision and set a default browser asap.
    well my experience and didnt realize til after root and delete stupid browser bar and browser but u can not log into lets say an at&t hotspot bc chrome nor firefox will bring up the splash page for accepting and logging on. and im off to try everyone out there to see if there a fix. but yea so starbucks internet no longer works if u rid the stock browser.

Is there any way to scroll all the way to the top of pages on either browser? I know when I had my iPhone and Blackberry z10 I could just tap at the top of the page and it would auto scroll back up.

Posted via Android Central App
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast