Note 3 sync and backup issues

olues

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I've had problems backing up my Note 3 on my PC using the kies 3 suite. I use the OEM 3.0 USB cable plus my laptop has got 3.0 USB ports. As soon as I plug the device and start backing up, the phone displays an MTP failed error which is really unusual.
I would please like to know if its kies, samsung or my phone that's the problem.
Thanks for your replies.

Sent from my SM-N900 using the S-Pen

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I've had problems backing up my Note 3 on my PC using the kies 3 suite. I use the OEM 3.0 USB cable plus my laptop has got 3.0 USB ports. As soon as I plug the device and start backing up, the phone displays an MTP failed error which is really unusual.
I would please like to know if its kies, samsung or my phone that's the problem.
Thanks for your replies.

Sent from my SM-N900 using the S-Pen
I've had multiple conversations with Samsung regarding syncing the 3 to the 10.1, or just to sync in general. One person says sign into google, next one says something else, third one says can't sync S-notes and ignores me when I tell her there's a setting for it. I've gotten so frustrated. I now have two locked S-notes that require a password and no password used on anything works. I talked to Samsung for an hour last night and was told S-notes can be saved on their original device. Gee, no kiddin'. Totally ignored were the repeated question of how to open or delete the locked ones. I hope you get more help on here than I've gotten through Samsung. Originally I only asked about syncing S-notes to just make another tick for someone having an issue with the incompatibility. First person I asked let me think it was possible so then I was on my mission. Phooey! I sympathize with you, wish I could help. I can tell you that Samsung has a bunch of stuff on their website under the support tab. When I searched for syncing, everything came up about kies. I started at Samsung.com, signed in, and started looking for support. Maybe something there can help you.

olues

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I've had multiple conversations with Samsung regarding syncing the 3 to the 10.1, or just to sync in general. One person says sign into google, next one says something else, third one says can't sync S-notes and ignores me when I tell her there's a setting for it. I've gotten so frustrated. I now have two locked S-notes that require a password and no password used on anything works. I talked to Samsung for an hour last night and was told S-notes can be saved on their original device. Gee, no kiddin'. Totally ignored were the repeated question of how to open or delete the locked ones. I hope you get more help on here than I've gotten through Samsung. Originally I only asked about syncing S-notes to just make another tick for someone having an issue with the incompatibility. First person I asked let me think it was possible so then I was on my mission. Phooey! I sympathize with you, wish I could help. I can tell you that Samsung has a bunch of stuff on their website under the support tab. When I searched for syncing, everything came up about kies. I started at Samsung.com, signed in, and started looking for support. Maybe something there can help you.

Thanks for the reply mate.
I also noticed that about the S-Note too. After unchecking it when I tried some troubleshooting my self, it backed up to some point before freezing at media stuff.
I think I'll just have to uncheck anything media related and the S-Note in order to have a successful sync.
I'm glad its not just my phone but its kies and samsung in general.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
And right now I wouldn't trust Samsung chat. I've been trying to get help with syncing and S-notes and most of the time they either contradict themselves or the manual. It's very frustrating to want help and yet know more than they do! good luck and if you get the sync to work correctly, either with your Samsung account or Evernote or something else, please come back and tell us how you got it to work!

galaxynote4me

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
And right now I wouldn't trust Samsung chat. I've been trying to get help with syncing and S-notes and most of the time they either contradict themselves or the manual. It's very frustrating to want help and yet know more than they do! good luck and if you get the sync to work correctly, either with your Samsung account or Evernote or something else, please come back and tell us how you got it to work!

I've called about this issue myself too. I reported the issue, the. It started to work, and now it doesn't again. I think it'll work out in the future. It's just too new. They have to work out the kinks. I trust in Samsung

Posted via Android Central App

Note 3 user

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey! My similar problem is that the backup always stops at one of the folder (most frequently mails and settings) and stays there for hours until I manually cancel. Also, I have some problems that Samsung Support told me to factory reset to solve, but I dont wanna reset before backing up! I'm kinda stuck 😞

shaboo2

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Samsung's response to the backup problem with this is pathetic. I did have some success using Evernote once, but then trying to rearrange all the notes back on the new Galaxy was almost impossible. To make matters worse, I also have a Mac. I have never seen any one of these forums that offered a viable solution that actually works with regard to the SNB notes in the S note application. THIS is the only thing that will work: calling the the President of Samsung USA. I am pretty good at detective work, but I was unable to find out anything but the name of this gentleman. However, I could not find out where he was located or how to get in touch with him and no one knows. Its like he exists in the clouds. Getting in touch with somebody high up and letting them know that there are thousands of customers upset with backup issues, and that Kids just does not work,will be the only chance that we ever have of getting samsung to address the lack of ability to convert snb notes to other types of files. Now, having said that, there is a way to convert the S notes and the action memos one at a time into PDF files or pictures. And then you'll be tripling your effort when you go back to try and reinstate them because they won't be organized. So let's turn this forum into someone into trying to find out how and where to get in touch with the president of Samsung USA. Trust me that's the only thing that has a chance of working here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21