1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S-Voice and Bluetooth Headset

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked but I couldn't find an answer.

Is there a way to get S-Voice working when the screen is off and locked with a pattern/pin using a bluetooth headset? When I press the call button on the bluetooth headset to activate voice commands to the phone, I can't get S-Voice to work. It seems like the call button wakes up the phone. S-Voice works when I put the phone near me and just say "Hi Galaxy", but I would like to say "Hi Galaxy" through the bluetooth mic. I've tried 4 different pairs of bluetooth headset, but they all don't work with S-Voice. Is there a setting I'm missing? Any way of getting around this? Or is there a bluetooth headset that will work with S-Voice when the phone is locked?

Thanks

Default Re: S-Voice and Bluetooth Headset

its definitely possible, because it works through my car bluetooth, even when the screen is off and my phone is in my bag on the backseat. i also have used it with a bluetooth music speaker while working out. unfortunately i dont own a bluetooth headset, so i cant recomment a specific brand. have you tried holding down the call button? that generally activates "voice dial" so the headset is awake and listening.

I have a Plantronics m50 using a pattern on my lockscreen. There is no way to bypass the pattern but if I press and hold the call button s voice activates. Just make sure you going to Settings language input: then Voice Search and make sure there's a check mark in the box where it says route voice through bluetooth headset.

Posted via Android Central App

Also if I take the pattern off and the phone is off and locked. if I press and hold the button on the m50 it does unlock the phone and activate s voice.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by brisk172 View Post
    Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked but I couldn't find an answer.

Is there a way to get S-Voice working when the screen is off and locked with a pattern/pin using a bluetooth headset? When I press the call button on the bluetooth headset to activate voice commands to the phone, I can't get S-Voice to work. It seems like the call button wakes up the phone. S-Voice works when I put the phone near me and just say "Hi Galaxy", but I would like to say "Hi Galaxy" through the bluetooth mic. I've tried 4 different pairs of bluetooth headset, but they all don't work with S-Voice. Is there a setting I'm missing? Any way of getting around this? Or is there a bluetooth headset that will work with S-Voice when the phone is locked?

Thanks

I am sorry to say but it seems that that is because s-voice doesnt play well with bluetooth. Now, that being said, if you just want to make calls by pressing your button on the headset and saying the name of the person you want to call then here is what you need to do...settings - manage apps - ALL APPS - svoice - TURN OFF... sorry you have to turn it off. Fortunately when you turn that silly samsung app off good 'ole GOOGLE take over and GOOGLE VOICE will work perfect for you... i promise. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by ghtoyou View Post
    I am sorry to say but it seems that that is because s-voice doesnt play well with bluetooth. Now, that being said, if you just want to make calls by pressing your button on the headset and saying the name of the person you want to call then here is what you need to do...settings - manage apps - ALL APPS - svoice - TURN OFF... sorry you have to turn it off. Fortunately when you turn that silly samsung app off good 'ole GOOGLE take over and GOOGLE VOICE will work perfect for you... i promise. Good luck
    The only thing I find annoying about Gvoice/search/now is it's inaccurate at times when I need it to be accurate! That and the fact that it doesn't read back a confirmation to make sure that's who you wanted to dial in the first place. I say "call dad" and it automatically dials "crawldad's crab shack".
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2