Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Where is the 4.4 KitKat Upgrade for the Galaxy Note 3

Its been over an hour and it hasn't been release yet. What's up with that?

(Now lets see if I come up in all the google searches of people looking for information about the upgrade.)

Default Re: Where is the 4.4 KitKat Upgrade for the Galaxy Note 3

It will take several months, may not happen this year.

@T-Mobile GN3
    boudicca00 likes this.

I heard we're getting a kit kat bar too.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I knew that. I was just trying to be the first one on the interweb to ask for it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    753 Global Posts

I hear in order to get Kit Kat, you have to go to Google's house wearing some sort of mask......

it will happen Nov 45th 2015 at 3:69 pm when the moon is green with red dots and right after 75 cows jump over it

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts

This is one of the big questions I have, too. Given how new the Note 3 is, that it's a flagship-level device, and that Kit Kat was *just* released, I'd be very surprised if we don't see an update. But I'm not betting on it coming any time soon. With my old original Epic, it took around 9-10 months to get updates and it was not unusual to be two versions behind the current Android OS. Based on that past experience with Samsung and Sprint, I'd be shocked if we see the 4.4 update in 2013 because that's only 2 months away. I'm hoping it'll hit by spring 2014, so within ~6 months, but think it could be as long as summer 2014 before we see it (that 9-10 month time frame I experienced before). IMO, FWIW, YMMV.

You will see it on the Note 4 and 21 days after the Note 4 comes out Lemonhead 4.5 will be released.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    crester and howdidoo like this.

I got my yesterday and won 5 bucks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where is the 4.4 KitKat Upgrade for the Galaxy Note 3-1383258208732.jpg  

Y u guys want kitkat so soon u just got updated to 4.3 be happy

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

We can win cash as well??
    ayg

If it screws up the phone like the upgrades from 2.3 to 4.0 to 4.1 did on the OG Note 1, they can keep their 4.4. Samsung has a way of giving you what you think you want and then what you never really wanted at all with their software updates. Basically their QA sucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

less than 24 hours out and the thread begins. Between Samsung and the carriers, it will be a while.

It will be a while, most of us on here will be carrying different phones by the time it rolls out, people are already talking of getting the nexus now. Now if Samsung were to benefit from a rollout such as it working with a smart watch they sell, it would be coming very soon.

@T-Mobile GN3
    Several months? Like waiting diablo3 maybe..

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by biggdogg9 View Post
    Y u guys want kitkat so soon u just got updated to 4.3 be happy

It's like u hv sex 1st time with gingerB, then u want the 2nd time wth ics, then u want more with JellyB n all her sibblings in 4.1, 4.2, 4.3. Will u stop if they offer sex wth miss Kat n it's like she already naked infront of u but u hv to wait for several mths... Lol

thiscityishell likes this.

Verizon is usually the last to get the upgrade...

I for one don't think it will take that long, specially now that HTC has said 4.4 will get to the ONE quite soon. Besides , comparing the upgrade from 2.3 to 4.4 now doesn't make much Sense. with Google Play Services m the game , the changes are not that big a challenge .

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chema Martin View Post
    I for one don't think it will take that long, specially now that HTC has said 4.4 will get to the ONE quite soon. Besides , comparing the upgrade from 2.3 to 4.4 now doesn't make much sense. With Google Play Services in the game , the changes are not that big a challenge .

Quote Originally Posted by Chema Martin View Post
    I for one don't think it will take that long, specially now that HTC has said 4.4 will get to the ONE quite soon.
    I'm in no hurry, I don't see any must-have features in the new version, other than more things made by Google to get more people to live around Google.

Official reply is that there's still no official reply yet. Hehehe Samsung's rep told the press they'll announce the KitKat upgrade timeframe "in due course".

So, it's coming, just not right away. Most analysts expect the Note 3 and maaaaaybe the S4 to get it by the end of the year. You have to remember that the S4's upgrade rollout to 4.3 is just underway and it won't be available in all regions until the next few weeks, so in order to look smart, they'll probably even delay the 4.4 update a bit longer. And I wouldn't blame them, I mean, they go through the hoops to update to 4.3 and WHAMMY!, Google pulls 4.4 out of their sleeves... and by the time they get 4.4 rolling, WHACKADOODLE! Android 5.0

I'm in no hurry, I don't see any must-have features in the new version, other than more things made by Google to get more people t live around Google.

yeah , no rush here either , I just don't see the tech hurdle to justify such long wait any more.

As for the Google thing, I just can't see the problem ... Don't like Google Now? Disable it . Don't like the launcher? Use another... That's the beauty of Android. Besides, I very much doubt Samsung will allow those changes in, will most likely skip them.

Next year I'm guessing

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/...google-search/

After reading this, I'm not sure I will be updating at all. I am not interested in turning my device into a complete Google zombie.

I think it will be out within 3 months. A bunch of features of android 4.4 are energy saving for sensors. The benefits are to good for Samsung to ignore. not to mention 4.4 was announced the month of the Galaxy Note 3 launch. But since the note 3 couldn't get released with an unannounced android 4.4, they had to use android 4.3 with touchwiz 4.4 already in development. I'm hoping the touchwiz android 4.4 galaxy note 3 will have a modified audio driver for the loud speaker to lower the high pitches while boosting low pitches. The high pitches are like ear shattering on max volume while lower tones not loud enough. Seems like something the could fix in software like equalizer. The speaker is loud enough just the audio tones are not balanced enough for max volume
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast