S Pen Issues with Screen Protector

JW4VZW

Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues with using their S Pen and a screen protector? The pen doesn't move smoothly across the screen like it did prior to installing the screen protector.

iggyhusband

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
When I first put on the Verizon branded screen protector I did notice that the s Pen wasn't the same. When I tried to draw a line going across the screen, it wouldn't register a straight line, more like a series of disconnected shorter lines. I thought that i wasted money and was going to take it off but decided to leave it on to see if things changed. And it did. After a day or two it's back to like it was when I didn't have a screen protector; nice and smooth. Not sure if the tip of the s Pen had to get "used" to a screen protector or not, but it works great now.

Posted via Android Central App

streetslide

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Heck, since I couldn't find a case I liked for a couple of weeks I left the plastic on the screen it shipped with & it worked fine. Now it's got the Verizon cheap protector and as far as I am concerned it works fine for $10.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I am finding out that most problems with screen protectors are about 98% user error/bad installation, and I don't think any of them stop any operations.

I had a Spigen, and returned it, from what I know now, most likely I installed it wrong.. You do the installation correctly, IMO, they all will work.

JW4VZW

Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
When I first put on the Verizon branded screen protector I did notice that the s Pen wasn't the same. When I tried to draw a line going across the screen, it wouldn't register a straight line, more like a series of disconnected shorter lines. I thought that i wasted money and was going to take it off but decided to leave it on to see if things changed. And it did. After a day or two it's back to like it was when I didn't have a screen protector; nice and smooth. Not sure if the tip of the s Pen had to get "used" to a screen protector or not, but it works great now.

Posted via Android Central App

I have noticed that as well. Hopefully it stays working though.

JW4VZW

Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Yea,, temperd glass is the way to go

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

I had one on my first Samsung Galaxy S3, and really liked it. I didn't like the fact that it was $45, which is why when I lost my S3 I never got another tempered glass screen protector.