Screen Lock - Can't get back to swipe

girishandroid

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Thanks a lot man. You are amazing.. i was just confused since my "clear all credentials" option grayed out and i was clueless .. thanks

Device: Samsung galaxy s4 - lollipop - India

Daveduncan49

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Screen Lock - Can't get Into S4

Actually I can't remember password. From every thing I've read this not good, but idid it then multiple things happened, life I guess. But from another device IPAD I have gone into Android Device Manager and in the lock window it has a PW Set and confirm windows. The language it uses is "reset screen lock". Which I've done but to test to see if it communicated with the phone I added a 'message'. The message went through but it didn't reset the password.
Now I'm stuck. I can't do a factory restore so I am trying different possible PW
I found the thread about clear all credentials but sine I can't get into my device that's out? Correct? My wife also has an S4 if I need that to communicate
HELP

Sarah Ortiz1

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks! I spent a while trying to figure that out? I guess now my only question is...what did I just do? My phone won't start acting up somewhere else now right?

MISS_MARIE624

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I will admit I was a little scared at first to clear my credentials, only because I have no freaking clue what that means lol but I took a deep breath and did it and now I have my swipe lock back thank you:):):):)

Zia Nunza

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Not sure why no one is using this super simple solution (it seems.) Earlier another user posted this solution as well that I thanked, and it does work. In lollipop on Nex 10 I couldn't go back to swipe or none, but this does work! Even though I already fixed my issue because of the earlier solution, just wanted to say thanks anyway. Maybe this solution is just too simple to follow because most of the replies are to the very complicated ways to do it. Weird..... But not as weird as Google making it a bit more complicated to do. I forsee a lot of uninformed carrier personel telling customers to reset their carrier branded devices that get 5.0 in the coming months (years), to bring back "none or swipe", then they probably won't use security anymore. Again, not sure why Google did this.

What is the simple solution? Is it typing the wrong password 5 plus times?

Last edited by a moderator:

erssie

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Just did this on my S6 and it instantly solved a holiday problem. Thank you x 1 million!

Putting my phone in a 100% waterproof, dustproof bag meant the screen was accessible to touch but buttons covered and unable to scan fingerprints. And was finding even out of a bag, I couldn't get same fingerprint working if hot or damp. Now I can still operate the phone to use on the beach and stop water or sand getting in.

Still wouldn't feel right about diving in the sea or pool with the expensive to lose Galaxy S6 though, but if I did wouldn't have to faff around trying to unlock the screen thanks to your advice.

Carol Baudat

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Removed all Foxfi, and had to clear credentials to reactivate full lock screen features.
FYI, I didn't find a "general" tab under settings, just security which is under "personal". Maybe a provider thing.