GPS / TomTom losing Satellite Lock When Incoming Phone Calls Are Rec'd

aegould

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi All-

I just recently purchased a Galaxy Note 3 that operates on AT&T's network. I've also got the latest version of the TomTom for Android navigation software installed on it. When I launch TomTom the software and the phone have no issues finding and locking onto satellites. I'm able to plan routes and commence my journey. However, every time I receive an incoming phone call, the Note 3's gps satellite lock indicator disappears from the menu bar, and the TomTom software acts as if the satellite lock has been lost. However, when I pull down the menu bar or check under settings, the Note 3 still shows that the gps is turned on (indicated by the green symbol). Furthermore, once my calls are concluded, the TomTom software remains in a frozen state and does not attempt to try to reacquire another satellite lock. The only way to fix this is to turn the Note 3's gps setting off, and then turn it back on again. Once I do this, both the phone and the TomTom software seen to work in sync and reacquire a satellite without further issue.

Again, the gps feature on the Note 3 works without any other issues. It's just when I receive incoming cell phone calls while using TomTom where it seems to drop the satellite connection. Anybody else encountering anything like this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49