Samsung S-View Flip Cover is horrible.

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
What a waste of $70.00. Looks good... but the stupid flap won't stay shut. When you get emails you can't preview them without opening the case up... and very awkward to use as a phone while in the case. I guess it would protect from a minor fall... but beyond that... I'm better off carrying the phone bare.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
$70 where did you pay that much? But I agree with you Samsung could have done so much more with the s view case and I think the flip is in the way to. I returned mine the next day

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

icnmayhem

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
what exactly is the point of this case? i guess getting info in the tiny window is cool and all, but i get info on the giant screen without the case. am i missing something? does the tiny window stay on constantly or something cool?

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
That's actually the drawback. For instance... I just got a notification. But the little window didn't light up. So I still have to open the case to look at the email to let me know that you commented.

timetopaythefiddler

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I find myself flipping my phone over to make the flap stay shut by the time I put it right side up. 😕 And I dont like that the back cover is thicker than the original cover. The phone is huge already without that extra bulk. But I agree it looks nice thats about all. 😐

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
What a waste of $70.00. Looks good... but the stupid flap won't stay shut. When you get emails you can't preview them without opening the case up... and very awkward to use as a phone while in the case. I guess it would protect from a minor fall... but beyond that... I'm better off carrying the phone bare.

Once you answer the phone, can't you close the cover and hear and talk okay? I haven't really studied one in person but from the pictures I thought the openings for the phone were rather thoughtful because you would be able to talk with the cover closed.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Once you answer the phone, can't you close the cover and hear and talk okay? I haven't really studied one in person but from the pictures I thought the openings for the phone were rather thoughtful because you would be able to talk with the cover closed.

You can answer the phone with the cover closed and then have your conversation without any issues. I like the case, to each his own.

Posted via Android Central App

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You can answer the phone with the cover closed and then have your conversation without any issues. I like the case, to each his own.

Thanks, I appreciate knowing that. If no one ever gets around to making a rotating case, something like the S view cover will be what I'll get. Even though my heart wants one that I saw on ebay that looks like an old leather book, it's just so cool but absolutely no other feature than to cover it, no window, no stand, but it really looks cool! sigh

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I appreciate knowing that. If no one ever gets around to making a rotating case, something like the S view cover will be what I'll get. Even though my heart wants one that I saw on ebay that looks like an old leather book, it's just so cool but absolutely no other feature than to cover it, no window, no stand, but it really looks cool! sigh

I like the look of several of the covers like you are mentioning here. I also like the look of the s view case. It looks very professional to me and keeps the phone slim and easy to pocket. I'm hoping to see some updates that allow more functionality in the window but as of now it let's you answer the phone, take a photo, write a note with s pen, control the default audio player and read text & email (as long as you don't use a lock screen).

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I guess it's not for everyone, I love mine. I hate screen protectors but want my screen glass to be flawless. The flap protects my glass and also keeps face grease off the phone when you talk on it. The only downside of it on my S3 and Note 2 was that you had to open it every time the phone buzzed to see what it was. Now you can see/answer calls, read text messages, take pictures, play music, check time, weather, S health steps and all kinds of other stuff without ever opening the cover. I also like the added edge protection with out the bulk of a giant case.

The S3 and Note 2 flip covers weren't anywhere near as nice add this one. But the downside is that the flip part is so well made that you have to break it in for a while (hence the flap not staying closed). I use the hell out of mine so it's broken in now and the flap stays closed just fine.

Also, mine was only $45. You gotta know how to find the deals.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I guess it's not for everyone, I love mine. I hate screen protectors but want my screen glass to be flawless. The flap protects my glass and also keeps face grease off the phone when you talk on it. The only downside of it on my S3 and Note 2 was that you had to open it every time the phone buzzed to see what it was. Now you can see/answer calls, read text messages, take pictures, play music, check time, weather, S health steps and all kinds of other stuff without ever opening the cover. I also like the added edge protection with out the bulk of a giant case.

The S3 and Note 2 flip covers weren't anywhere near as nice add this one. But the downside is that the flip part is so well made that you have to break it in for a while (hence the flap not staying closed). I use the hell out of mine so it's broken in now and the flap stays closed just fine.

Also, mine was only $45. You gotta know how to find the deals.

I can't decide between this and the wallet folio by Samsung. I like the added functionality of the S-view case.

Scribbled from my incredible Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

deep90s

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion I like the cover it let u change tracks , pause and play music while its covered. Everyone have different opinions. And I got it free as promotional gift so it doesn't hurt to have it :thumbup:

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I can't decide between this and the wallet folio by Samsung. I like the added functionality of the S-view case.

Scribbled from my incredible Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

I don't know if you have ever had a flip cover, but once you switch to a window, there is no going back. Also, my buddy has a wallet folio Note 3 and I hated the extra bulk of the wallet folio (by the way, they are not made by Samsung).

8tech

May 23, 2010
Visit site
^ Nice promo gift! I would have bought it yesterday if it had some way to secure the front cover. I like that the phone is very flushed, but if I drop it, it would probably open and damage the phone.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I know folks seem to like the Samsung or well known brands for covers but take a look at ebay. If you use this, it's narrowed down to Galaxy Note 3 cases of all kinds: galaxy note 3 in Cases, Covers & Skins | eBay It's thousands, and seems impossible to narrow down very much, and most of them are repetitive, but every now and then you see something exceptional. I keep scrolling through hoping for a rotating one and I found this one that I think is just so cool, Retro Book Design Flip Leather Wallet Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III N9000 | eBay For a bibliophile like me, it's just calling my name even though I know it's VERY impractical.

Pedro2NR

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Here is a fix for those whose case will not close:

After closing the case, slide your thumb along the stitch up and down.

It should close it. Good luck.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I know folks seem to like the Samsung or well known brands for covers but take a look at ebay. If you use this, it's narrowed down to Galaxy Note 3 cases of all kinds: galaxy note 3 in Cases, Covers & Skins | eBay It's thousands, and seems impossible to narrow down very much, and most of them are repetitive, but every now and then you see something exceptional. I keep scrolling through hoping for a rotating one and I found this one that I think is just so cool, Retro Book Design Flip Leather Wallet Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III N9000 | eBay For a bibliophile like me, it's just calling my name even though I know it's VERY impractical.
What do you mean by "rotating cover"?
Here is a fix for those whose case will not close:

After closing the case, slide your thumb along the stitch up and down.

It should close it. Good luck.
I was just about to post that. That helped shut my cover when I was breaking it in.
That's not a wallet folio, it's a wallet flip cover.
Not the same thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde