Screen shot

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Note 3, so it's my first phone in the Samsung ecosystem. I feel stupid asking this but, how do you take a screen shot without using the S pen? On HTC phone I used to push the power and home button, but it doesn't seem to work on this phone. Am I missing something?

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You can also hold the power and home button to take a screenshot.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just got a Note 3, so it's my first phone in the Samsung ecosystem. I feel stupid asking this but, how do you take a screen shot without using the S pen? On HTC phone I used to push the power and home button, but it doesn't seem to work on this phone. Am I missing something?

Try Volume down and power, or volume down and home.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Please elaborate?

Place your hand like you're doing a karate chop only slide it with the little finger side close to the glass and slide it across the screen. This will only work if under settings/controls/palm motion has to be ON and tap palm motion and turn capture screen ON as well. The hand gestures are pretty nifty.

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Place your hand like you're doing a karate chop only slide it with the little finger side close to the glass and slide it across the screen. This will only work if under settings/controls/palm motion has to be ON and tap palm motion and turn capture screen ON as well. The hand gestures are pretty nifty.

I found it in the settings but it wouldn't work for me. I thought the sensor might not be working so I decided to try other gestures like scrolling through pictures and the quick view on the lock screen and they work just fine.

Can't believe it's this complicated to get a screen shot. Why wouldn't the power/home combination work?

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I just found this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWBmWtBh2-M

I followed all three and none would work. Do you think Sprint has something to do with this? Or maybe a setting? I'm gonna rummage through the settings right now to see if I can find something.

EDIT: Went through all the settings, couldn't find a thing. Only thing I could think of is to go into a Sprint store and have them check it out.

Last edited:

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I just found this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWBmWtBh2-M

I followed all three and none would work. Do you think Sprint has something to do with this? Or maybe a setting? I'm gonna rummage through the settings right now to see if I can find something.

EDIT: Went through all the settings, couldn't find a thing. Only thing I could think of is to go into a Sprint store and have them check it out.

It is the power & home button simultaneously. It can be touchy at times.

Palm Treo line > Blackberry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW - the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 😊

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I feel so dumb. Simultaneously is the keyword. If I push the power button first THEN the home button, it won't do it. I have to push both the power button and the home button together at the same time. My HTC Evo would take a screen shot even if they weren't simultaneous.

The Palm motion option still isn't working though, not sure what that's about.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

The easiest way I've found to take a screen shot is to press the volume down+home buttons simultaneously.
-----------------------------------------------------
Edit: I see you already found it. Cheers!

adelcastillo78

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I feel so dumb. Simultaneously is the keyword. If I push the power button first THEN the home button, it won't do it. I have to push both the power button and the home button together at the same time. My HTC Evo would take a screen shot even if they weren't simultaneous.

The Palm motion option still isn't working though, not sure what that's about.

Thanks for the help everyone!

The palm motion has to be enabled before it works. Go to settings>Controls>Palm motion.

There is a quick tutorial that let's you practice

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

I couldn't figure out the screenshot the first day I had my phone so I tried this method. NEVER got a screenshot to work doing it this way.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Caddyman46

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Was able to get the palm swipe thing to work one time....using the S Pen it works but inconsistent for me. Home and power button never fail.

Sent from my stock/rooted MJ4 blazing fast beastly Galaxy Note 3

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
The palm motion has to be enabled before it works. Go to settings>Controls>Palm motion.

There is a quick tutorial that let's you practice

I did try that, didn't work. But like I said in a previous post, air gestures work just fine, so it can't be the sensor.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney