Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Jnorton2724
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  • 1 Post By J HighNote
  • 1 Post By Nakrohtap
  • 1 Post By Caddyman46
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen shot

I just got a Note 3, so it's my first phone in the Samsung ecosystem. I feel stupid asking this but, how do you take a screen shot without using the S pen? On HTC phone I used to push the power and home button, but it doesn't seem to work on this phone. Am I missing something?

Posted via Android Central App
    HTC Hero > HTC Evo > HTC Evo 3D > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Default Re: Screen shot

Swipe side of your hand across screen.

crester likes this.

You can also hold the power and home button to take a screenshot.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    crester likes this.

Global Posts
    13,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by mrwallyy View Post
    I just got a Note 3, so it's my first phone in the Samsung ecosystem. I feel stupid asking this but, how do you take a screen shot without using the S pen? On HTC phone I used to push the power and home button, but it doesn't seem to work on this phone. Am I missing something?

Try Volume down and power, or volume down and home.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    You can also hold the power and home button to take a screenshot.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    That's what I meant, I did that with my HTC phone but it won't work on the Note?

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Jnorton2724 View Post
    Swipe side of your hand across screen.

Please elaborate?

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Try Volume down and power, or volume down and home.
    Nothing :\

Global Posts
    13,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Nothing :\

Getting an Ambassador who has a Note on this.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Please elaborate?

Place your hand like you're doing a karate chop only slide it with the little finger side close to the glass and slide it across the screen. This will only work if under settings/controls/palm motion has to be ON and tap palm motion and turn capture screen ON as well. The hand gestures are pretty nifty.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by J HighNote View Post
    Place your hand like you're doing a karate chop only slide it with the little finger side close to the glass and slide it across the screen. This will only work if under settings/controls/palm motion has to be ON and tap palm motion and turn capture screen ON as well. The hand gestures are pretty nifty.
    I found it in the settings but it wouldn't work for me. I thought the sensor might not be working so I decided to try other gestures like scrolling through pictures and the quick view on the lock screen and they work just fine.

Can't believe it's this complicated to get a screen shot. Why wouldn't the power/home combination work?

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I just found this video:

I followed all three and none would work. Do you think Sprint has something to do with this? Or maybe a setting? I'm gonna rummage through the settings right now to see if I can find something.

EDIT: Went through all the settings, couldn't find a thing. Only thing I could think of is to go into a Sprint store and have them check it out.
    Last edited by mrwallyy; 11-01-2013 at 11:28 PM.

I just found this video:

I followed all three and none would work. Do you think Sprint has something to do with this? Or maybe a setting? I'm gonna rummage through the settings right now to see if I can find something.

EDIT: Went through all the settings, couldn't find a thing. Only thing I could think of is to go into a Sprint store and have them check it out.
    It is the power & home button simultaneously. It can be touchy at times.

Palm Treo line > Blackberry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW - the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 😊
    Palm Treo 600/650/700P/Centro/Blackberry Curve 8330/Tour 9630/Bold 9650/HTC EVO 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SII Touch 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SIII Touch LTE!!!
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I feel so dumb. Simultaneously is the keyword. If I push the power button first THEN the home button, it won't do it. I have to push both the power button and the home button together at the same time. My HTC Evo would take a screen shot even if they weren't simultaneous.

The Palm motion option still isn't working though, not sure what that's about.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

The easiest way I've found to take a screen shot is to press the volume down+home buttons simultaneously.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Edit: I see you already found it. Cheers!
    Live long and prosper.

I feel so dumb. Simultaneously is the keyword. If I push the power button first THEN the home button, it won't do it. I have to push both the power button and the home button together at the same time. My HTC Evo would take a screen shot even if they weren't simultaneous.

The Palm motion option still isn't working though, not sure what that's about.

Thanks for the help everyone!
    The palm motion has to be enabled before it works. Go to settings>Controls>Palm motion.

There is a quick tutorial that let's you practice

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by J HighNote View Post
    I couldn't figure out the screenshot the first day I had my phone so I tried this method. NEVER got a screenshot to work doing it this way.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    mrwallyy likes this.

Was able to get the palm swipe thing to work one time....using the S Pen it works but inconsistent for me. Home and power button never fail.

Sent from my stock/rooted MJ4 blazing fast beastly Galaxy Note 3
    mrwallyy likes this.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by aledelcastle View Post
    The palm motion has to be enabled before it works. Go to settings>Controls>Palm motion.

There is a quick tutorial that let's you practice

I did try that, didn't work. But like I said in a previous post, air gestures work just fine, so it can't be the sensor.