Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Default Re: Samsung Note 3 disconnecting WIFI constantly (fix)

Is there a way to change the host file like you can with Windows?

Tries using the advice. Worked, but killed my sd card :-(

the problem was there with my sgs3, and after lot of permutation and combination the setting
    I found working in sgs3 -->wifi-->modify network config is as follwing

proxy setting = None
    IP setting = Static
    IP address = 192.168.1.3 ( netgear wifi router)
    Gateway = 192.168.1.1 in

NPL =24
    DNS1 = 8.8.4.4
    DNS 2 =4.4.4.4
    This is the way I got my wifi connetion and net .. main point is the ISP provider ip address if one gets correct than the problems is solve

thanks

I had problem obtaining IP address with Note 3. Reentering router password fixed problem

I did it on my note 3 but it was off i turn it on then i get 40+mps. Thank you

My problems were solved
    Thank you so much

This solution didn't help me so I started a live chat with a Samsung Tech. This was their solution and so far it's working.

Valerina: 1 Power the device off (remove and re-insert the battery).
    Valerina: 2 Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
    Valerina: 3 When the device vibrates; release only the Power key.
    Valerina: 4 When the Android system recovery menu displays; release the Volume Up and the Home key.
    Valerina: 5 Navigate with the Volume keys to the Wipe cache partition option and press the Power key to select.
    Valerina: 6 press the Power key to reboot system now.
    Thanked by 2:
    andrew_sc_syd and boudicca00 like this.

Worked perfectly for me. Many thanks!
    yug

*#0011# change wifi menu setting to off, This worked thank you.

Posted via the Android Central App

The only issue I had with this is that when turned off, the phone sticks to poor connections longer than it should. For example, I have a wifi router in my office. I was in another office prior to walking into mine, which also has a router. My phone wouldn't switch from the wifi router in other office for my router. It had a terribly week connection and I had to turn the wifi on my phone off and on to get my phone to switch to my router...

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie Dumont View Post
    This solution didn't help me so I started a live chat with a Samsung Tech. This was their solution and so far it's working.

Valerina: 1 Power the device off (remove and re-insert the battery).
    Valerina: 2 Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
    Valerina: 3 When the device vibrates; release only the Power key.
    Valerina: 4 When the Android system recovery menu displays; release the Volume Up and the Home key.
    Valerina: 5 Navigate with the Volume keys to the Wipe cache partition option and press the Power key to select.
    Valerina: 6 press the Power key to reboot system now.

Thank you for posting this Very helpful.

Hey thanks a lot man....... How do u learn stuff like this....
    ?????

This just started happening to me the past two days. Wiping the cache fixed it! Thank you for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by yug View Post
    *#0011# change wifi menu setting to off, This worked thank you.

Posted via the Android Central App
    it did not work for me. I still got disconnected from a strong WiFi. On one occasion, I watched as the device immediately reconnected, and it took some time to get an IP address. So, the suggestion of using a static IP address makes sense. Perhaps the device will disconnect just as often with a static address, but may recover immediately, so it may pass unnoticed.

My device was disconnecting fairly often, but now it only does so once a day or once every second day. What appears to have helped a lot was disabling the Auto network switch. While this was enabled (as default). the device was hesitating between WiFi and 4G, not getting any single one right. After turning it off, even if a disconnection happens, I hardly notice it, unless I'm loading a page from the Internet at that very moment.

There is also another WiFi switch which I turned off: Scanning always available. This allows the Location Service to "scan for networks even when WiFi is off". I'm not sure how WiFi helps with location, for example, how would my home WiFi know where I live ? Turning it off seems to have helped, but I'm not yet sure it made much difference. The only side effect is that when I'm in a car and looking at Google Maps, I need to turn this flag back On again, otherwise there is no location informatioin. Again, I don't understand how WiFi gets involved when the device asks nearby Telco towers about the location.

A third switch I turned off relates to the Power Saving mode. I turned off the "CPU power saving" flag. I just speculated that the device might have a lot of things to do at the same time, so it may lose track of WiFi. I'm not using any CPU-intensive apps. So far, this flag made no discernable different, so I might turn in on again.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is deleting the partition. I might do that, if it gets worse. For the moment, it is only annoying, to know I have a powerhouse of electroinics, but is less stable on the WiFi than half dozen older devices I got at home. It behaves similarly at my work WiFi. The peculiar thing is that the disconnection is not due to radio reception being out of tune. I had some older phones which could hardly get any WiFi signal at a certain spot at the workplace. I only pass there for short periods of time, and Note 3 stays connected and gets data from the WiFi.

it worked perfectly ..thanks a million man

I test all your suggestion and still have the drop down on internet

When you guys say something helped, specify which person's fix did it for you, please?

Thanks!

I have a Galaxy Note 3 running androind 5.0 lollipop with t-mobile. It keeps doing the same thing over and over. I did everything posted on here and idk what is really wrong here. Maybe it could be the phone?

Yeah I didn't have that checked and it still doesn't work. Nice try though
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12