Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Note 3 disconnecting WIFI constantly (fix)

Hi,

for all those who having WIFI issues constantly disconnecting. I have found this on xda-developers.com (source below).
    "Go to phone
    On the keypad dial *#0011#
    Automatically should go onto a screen
    Press menu
    Go WiFi
    There should be a button there saying WiFi saving and it should be ON turn it OFF
    And then reboot
    Done "

(excerpt source: )

Default Re: Samsung Note 3 disconnecting WIFI constantly (fix)

Doesn't work friend. T mobile gnote3
    Thanked by:

This has been posted before. Didn't work on Verizon either

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Or on ATT

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

FYI it's not the note 3 it's android 4.3...has a wifi bug

All you got to do is go to the wifi settings ... and make sure that you have checked ....KEEP WIFI ON DURING SLEEP.................and the AUTO NETWORK SWITCH..........turn it off...this is probably the main reason as to why it gets disconnected cause the phone tries to switch between wifi and network data ................

Quote Originally Posted by fantom305 View Post
    All you got to do is go to the wifi settings ... and make sure that you have checked ....KEEP WIFI ON DURING SLEEP.................and the AUTO NETWORK SWITCH..........turn it off...this is probably the main reason as to why it gets disconnected cause the phone tries to switch between wifi and network data ................
    Already did that and still have a problem. I just leave my phone in 4GLTE anyway since it is faster than my home Internet

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Many thanks , That was very helpfull.

good fix i discovered - go to your router settings - set the 802.11 to either g or b and not mixed. set it to either one and test it out. I observed no disconnections at all after i set it to g.

When I had a similar issue with the S4, judedavid's suggestion worked, too. Set the router to a single band instead of multi-band and that usually helps. Problem is, you can't really do that on public hotspots or the ones you can't manage (like, maybe, work WiFi).

So, what does the latter do when the phone is supposed to function as a hotspot? Or what router are you talking about? P.S. I've been having the same issue with my HTC Rezound lately, turning "wireless network" and "Mobile hotspot" on and off constantly.

With all due respect for previous posters, I have my router (linksys) set to mix bands, and I don't have any problem with it. My phone connects to my router with out any problem with the setting I previously stated.

It's not affecting all phones and all routers, but it IS an issue with Android 4.3, no sugar-coating it. You just got lucky.
    fantom305 likes this.

I doubt that, my friends s4 works flawless on 4.3.
    the second he pushes on wifi he's connected and never seen him being disconnected.
    Maybe it's the software but I doubt its androids..

Quote Originally Posted by mspace81 View Post
    FYI it's not the note 3 it's android 4.3...has a wifi bug

MS=milli seconds to measure latency
    MBs= Mega Byte per second
    speedtets is from first wifi connection

i have android 4.3 recently updated. i bought my note 3 at 11 november 2013 and since then i have been using my note 3 for wireless hd video streaming from my pc also . But all of a suddden seems like the wifi speeds getting high latency and now my speeed is very low on wifi . when my LAN pc is giving 10 Mbps download on speedtest with 7 MS . the note 3 gives 30 MS and 1 Mbps download and upload speed is giving burst of 1.41 Mbps . i am trying WAG 120 N DD WRT firmware and when i resetthe router and connect with no poasswords it gives rarely above 1.4 Mbps downlaod . but after that again the speeed is decreased . i have cleaned my DNS cache on android and switched off power saving mode and any other app which might power save my note 3 . Actually i used to get 2.2MBs from my WLAN pc . now it is restrsicted to 1 Mbps

i have mailed Samsung support also but so far no word. i would urge all to mail to samsung support so that they would hear us when they launched android 4.3 fimrware. Seems like 4.3 wasnt a good fimrware . there are many bugs .Everyone try to message their facebook samsung pages of uk india usa and other pages in facebook. and mail to their websites also .

Please check my screen shot of my latest version and speedtest screenshot

first wifi connection on my same router is
    RadioRadio is On
    ModeAP
    NetworkMixed
    SSIDdd-wrt
    Channel6
    TX Power71 mW
    Rate36 Mbps
    Encryption - Interface wl0Enabled, WPA2 Personal
    PPTP StatusDisconnected

second wifi connetcion on my router is

this connetcion gives better speed than first . but still 1.90 Mbps down 1.04Mbps up
    RadioRadio is On
    ModeAP
    NetworkMixed
    SSIDdd-wrts
    Channel151
    TX Power71 mW
    Rate40.5 Mbps
    Encryption - Interface wl1Enabled, WPA2 Personal
    PPTP StatusDisconnected
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Samsung Note 3 disconnecting WIFI constantly (fix)-014b1141fc21eb164418d88430a7777188de3d78e7622b2ce2fd8994119721c6.jpg   Samsung Note 3 disconnecting WIFI constantly (fix)-3135f126026bc14dae5910e37f64cd525045b71f3fc6954e67c2242f563bba77.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by emiinn View Post
    the second he pushes on wifi he's connected and never seen him being disconnected.

Again, it IS a 4.3 bug, I believe it's even somewhere in the Google pages. It just doesn't affect all phones, even ones from the same model don't get affected. Maybe because it's so random it's whey they still haven't squashed that pesky bug yet (same with BlueTooth keyboards... another acknowledge 4.3 bug that affects some models more than others, but not all).

Quote Originally Posted by emiinn View Post

I have a Note 3 on Verizon and my cubicle mate has a S4 on T-mobile, both running 4.3. We both have the problem with the Wifi here randomly disconnecting and giving the Unstable connection message....but.....Previously I had an iPhone 4s and he had a S2 with version 4.3 and we had no problems. So it is a weird problem since he has had Android 4.3 with no problems and then changed handsets and it started. Could it be a Samsung issue? Not an Android issue?

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts

this didn't work for me either. temporary fix is to turn mobile data off

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

This seems to help with the "Your internet connection is unstable" and constant disconnections.
    Quote Originally Posted by shinew View Post
    Like many others, I have this pop up in the notification area few times every hour that is really annoying. Never had such notification from note 2, so played around with my router & phone settings, and so far has found this method that worked for me, hope it'll work for some of you experiencing similar issue.

In short, basically I just put my note 3 IP in my router's DHCP reservation list then manually set my note 3 network using static IP in the wifi setting.

Here are some details (router ip/192.168.10.1; note 3 ip/192.168.10.188):
    1. Turn off Auto Connect & Auto network switch under Advanced wifi settings
    2. Connect to my router normally using DHCP, I'm using WPA2
    3. Login to my router and put my note 3 IP in the DHCP reservation list. each router is different, mine is TRENDnet TEW-633GR, so it's in Basic -> Network Settings
    4. Under note3's wifi networks, long press the connected wifi network, click "Modify entwork confi", check "Show advanced options", under "IP Settings" select "Static", enter my gateway(192.168.10.1) and my note 3 IP address(192.168.10.188). For DNS, I use Open DNS(208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220), then click on "Save"

I've been on this setting for the past 3-4 days and haven't seen a single unstable network notification message. Hope this helps.

It worked. Thank you so much for sharing!

Here is something I found on "Drip".
    I am lucky and don't have a problem. At the end is an email for the guy.
    Hope it helps.... seems a little generic to me??? Good luck!

A new email came in about a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 low Wi-Fi speed problem. The message reads, “I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. For some reason, I cannot get my Wi-Fi speed to go higher than 54MB. Is there a way to boost the speed of my connection?”
    Possible Ways to Fix the Note 3 Low Wi-Fi Speed Issue

Here are some tips that may boost the speed of your Note 3 when browsing the Internet:
    1. Disconnect Unused Devices
    If there are other devices connected in your Wi-Fi like computer, laptops, tablets or Smartphones, disconnect them whenever they are not in use.
    2. Restart Router and Device
    Restart your router and Galaxy Note 3. If the connection is still very slow, manually remove the pairing of your device to your router and then register it again. You may also reset the configuration of your router to refresh its settings. After that, register all your devices to your router starting with the Galaxy Note 3.
    3. Check Internet Connection
    Attempt to connect another device to the router and test if the data transfer is still slow. If the transfer is slower than usual, then, the problem might be in your ISP. Call your network’s Customer/Technical Support Group to report the issue.
    4. Check Area for Interference
    Thick walls or other radio emitting devices may have a hand in the Note 3 low Wi-Fi speed problem. Get your device closer to the router and see if there is an improvement. Transfer your router in another location as well to test if there are some forms of interference or factors blocking its normal operations in the area where it is situated.
    5. Disable Wi-Fi Power Saving Mode
    Disabling the Wi-Fi Power Saving Mode is commonly used to solve an unstable Wi-Fi connection. Try deactivating it to test whether it will solve the problem or not. If this fails, put the Wi-Fi Power Saving Mode back to its original settings.
    5. Remove Rogue Apps
    The problem may stem out from faulty or rogue apps. Start your Note 3 in Safe Mode and check its Internet speed if there is an improvement. If the issue persists, the problem may already be with the hardware, specifically with its antenna. Bring it to an authorized Smartphone or Samsung technician for check-up or repair if this is the case.
    But when improvement is seen while in Safe Mode, that means it only has something to do with erratic third-party apps or corrupted system files. These can be easily remedied by performing Factory Reset. Be sure to backup though before this.

<email removed per rules>

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12-20-2013 at 09:14 PM.
    Gary Scherler aka "CRUZR"
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7 - 2013 - 32 GB, Nexus 7 - 2012 - 16GB, Hisense Sero 7 Pro - 8GB + 32GB, iPhone 5, 4S, 4.

Hi all, i have test out something about WEP and WPA router setting.
    1) if i connect my note3 wifi to my WEP router it alway got wifi drop n reconnect issue. (Im using 1Mbps package only)
    2) if i connect my note3 to my WPA router this wifi drop is disappear. (This is 4G, speep can up to 7.2mbps)

Note: im very basic user, dont know wat is wpa/wep. Is that this wifi drop issue is because of this? Or is because i have this issue when connect to poor wifi 1mbps vs 7.2mbps?

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Since most people who use wifi use wpa for security, most people with dropping signal are likely to already be on wpa.

So that's not going to solve anything.

Wep encryption can be cracked in a couple seconds and allow hackers to steal your personal information.
    Wpa is far tougher to crack

Just wan do a update n sharing. I hv change my security to wpa2-personal. My wifi drop issue solve. Hope this help.

Hi,

I had this problem till some days ago (Note 3 and all of Jellybean Wifi problem) , but i solved it.
    Its really simple
    >you have to know this problem is because of ***** ***** and if you filter this on you router means your wifi modem or by App on your phone your problem 100% will fix.
    you can chose one of these >>>
    Type 1 > go to your modem and find -filter- tab , its various in every modem and after that find -filter type- and change it to -URL filter- ,after that paste --- into -filter list- and save and reset your modem , it surely fixed .
    Type 2 > find some app for your phone to filter hole of your phone to not to access
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast