Need opinions!

JoeyyNY

May 10, 2013
Visit site
So I am debating on getting the galaxy gear, I just want to know if I get what I pay for it.

Is it wortb getting at all? If so what are the advantsges

Sent from my Sexy Galaxy Note 3

capcom303

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Been wondering the same thing so this might be good. Was hoping they would offer a bundle deal when I got the note 3 so I didn't get the watch. Going to check and see what employee price is for my son-in-law.

sal the wop

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm personally holding out for about a year or two. The watch is pretty basic as far as some of the functionalities.

I'm waiting though because this is the 1st true smart watch. Imagine what the gear2 upgrades will include after a couple years of enhancements......imo

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

JoeyyNY

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm personally holding out for about a year or two. The watch is pretty basic as far as some of the functionalities.

I'm waiting though because this is the 1st true smart watch. Imagine what the gear2 upgrades will include after a couple years of enhancements......imo

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

True, How long before they announce they next one?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Other than better battery don't see what new hardware would do as far as what you would need to use the watch for anyway. You want the watch to run apps, what else could you possibly need it to do? Right now just waiting for software updates to add more compatible apps. Better battery is all I can think of that would make new hardware so much better. I receive and send text,, receive and make phone calls,, run apps,, great gps signel,,, that's about all I need it to do. I want it to complement my phone,, not replace it.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
So I am debating on getting the galaxy gear, I just want to know if I get what I pay for it.

Is it wortb getting at all? If so what are the advantsges

That question is highly SUBJECTIVE..

What I like, may well be not like by you. And visa versa...

For me, it is cool. I was going around today with my Galaxy Gear on my left arm, and my chronograph Pulsar on my right Arm.. Got my Note3 doublecased in a holster pouch on my belt. To me, that was cool, and I am 73.. :D

capcom303

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
The thing I would like to see is charging with something like a micro USB or something more standard so if I needed to I could charge it while out. Samsung rep told me the one problem they are seeing is people getting sweaty and it getting to the charging contacts for the cradle and causing problems

JoeyyNY

May 10, 2013
Visit site
That question is highly SUBJECTIVE..

What I like, may well be not like by you. And visa versa...

For me, it is cool. I was going around today with my Galaxy Gear on my left arm, and my chronograph Pulsar on my right Arm.. Got my Note3 doublecased in a holster pouch on my belt. To me, that was cool, and I am 73.. :D

Lol Real samsung fan

:cool::thumbup:

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Lol Real samsung fan

:cool::thumbup:

:cool: Well, I do have two 50 inch Samsung Flatscreen TVs in the my bedroom. My wife is pushing an S4. The two Samsung TVs in my bedroom are the chit. My wife, doesn't like to look at what I like, and I don't like to look at what she like. Hence two TVs.. One cost a $1000. and one cost $600, both over a year old, one is 3 years old. They play perfect..

Yes, I am a Samsung Fanboy.. :cool:

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
The next iterations will have more features for sure. Longer batteries, heart rate monitoring pedometer/gyroscope. Makes perfect sense for a fit bit replacement

Posted via Android Central App

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Of course I agree that the next generations are gonna be better, but that shouldn't stop you from buying this one. What if the next one came out and it's still missing some features? Are you gonna wait for the NEXT one?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Ran a 5k yesterday and I loved having this on. I watched my pace every step of the way and ran my best time. I also controlled my Google music playlist. All without having to take my phone out of my pouch. Also love the pedometer. Cool to count my steps all day.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm not seeing any benefit to the watch really.

Slightly more discreet notifications, but when your watch lights up and you look at it, it's not really different than checking your phone. It's just as rude in the final analysis if you're in a meeting or whatever.

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Nice, I am leaning towards the watch now.. Hmm what color would you recommend with the white note 3

Black goes with everything. But if you're seriously considering it, you really need to go into a Best Buy (if you have one by you) and play with them. They also have all colors on display.

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine for a few weeks now and it has really grown on me. I think for the most part people expect too much from it. Not saying it shouldn't have options. The great thing about it is that it's built on a solid foundation. Plenty of power to improve it on the software side. As far as looks go, which is personal preference, I like it a lot. It's a really nice watch that happens to some other cool things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Millionmiles