Note 4 with Tizen?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, my note 3 has many spooky tones of a Samsung note running Tizen sooner than later. I have a Samsung app store on my note 3 for crying out loud. In fact, I have enough Samsung on my note 3 I could almost replace all Google services. I love my note 3, and that it runs Google to the nth degree, but samsung is getting ready for the day it no longer needs android. Would you rock a note 4 on Tizen?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Personally, no. I have no interest in going with Samsung's OS. With as many different ones out already, I don't think it may take off all that well, unless Samsung sneaks out of Android and quietly slips in Tizen in devices.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Personally, no. I have no interest in going with Samsung's OS. With as many different ones out already, I don't think it may take off all that well, unless Samsung sneaks out of Android and quietly slips in Tizen in devices.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

The thing is, I have my kids in ninja school. BTW, the 6 year old is belting up next week! I know ninja when I see it and samsung is sneaking itself in! And I say F that.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
They can make Tizen versions if they want as long as their is Android versions to. Frankly I find nothing wrong with android. If Samsung becomes greedy and makes Tizen everything then I think it might be time to start reviving the dying HTC name because it would ruin my cell phone experience to have a tizen phone. I don't even mind touchwiz over android. The hardware has gotten so good on the Galaxy note 3 that anything past the Note 3 should never lag really.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
If all apps are there, i wouldn't mind. There is no difference for me if I can do Firefox, email, hulu, Netflix, etc, etc.

Google had been bothering me recently with its non stop quest to control everything.

@T-Mobile GN3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think they would force either the s5 or n4 to be tizen only. They don't want to lose customers over this. Biggest issue is probable lack of app support. Even Microsoft has a hard time getting devs to make apps for wp.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
If Samsung starts pushing Tizen, HTC has a big opportunity to make up ground in the market

Posted via Android Central App

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
If the user experience is the same or similar, I don't care what operating system it is. I'm not married to Google. And there are already similar services that Samsung offers on its devices. And for those in need for Google services, I'm sure they will still be there through apps. Kinda like iOS.

Scribbled from my incredible Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

conanheath

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's all about ecosystem. Coming from iphone to BB to Windows then Android, I will tell you if it isn't Apple or Android the ecosystem and apps won't be there. If they go Tizen only, I'm done with Samsung. I made that mistake OS mistakes with BB and Windows and I won't do it again.

ATT N3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If the user experience is the same or similar, I don't care what operating system it is. I'm not married to Google. And there are already similar services that Samsung offers on its devices. And for those in need for Google services, I'm sure they will still be there through apps. Kinda like iOS.

The Google Apps suite might not even available from the get go. Take a look at windows phone, they are still missing many official Google Apps. There are third party options, but I don't want to deal with that. I got a few free no contract windows phones and app support was a major reason why I ditched wp.

If Samsung can deal with the major app players and have stuff available out of the box, then they have a chance. Otherwise, app support would really bring it down.

Sure, once they have a large market share, app makers would join, but it would be pretty hard to get a lot of good quality apps without market share.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
The Google Apps suite might not even available from the get go. Take a look at windows phone, they are still missing many official Google Apps.
And a lot of that is Google playing its monopoly card to hamper Windows Phone. I hate that kind of behavior.

Samsung will most likely to put out note 4 in two or three variety to gradually test the water, I doubt they'll move away from Android in a year or two or even three or ever.

One thing is for sure, Samsung needs a back up plan since Google is getting more aggressive to follow Apple and lock up more valuable asset of AOSP.

@T-Mobile GN3

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
MS is doing the same thing, trying to get you into their environment and feel locked in. In Android, the google lock is an illusion, mostly to blind the uninformed user that Android plays the same game as the other corporate players.

It wouldn't be hard to leave Google for something better, but another walled garden as Tizen, WP, and Apple are is not where I'll go. Even the Amazon Fork of Android isn't to my liking really. Android ROMs keep the Android world open and easy to keep on doing things the way you want, not how Google, Apple or MS or Samsung want. There are alternative stores for Android as well. Not so much in Apple, MS or Samsung. Well, a little in Apple, but still much more limited.

It's this attitude of control that is driving me from Windows on my desktop PC to Linux.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I wonder how well Android would do if Samsung decided to abandon Android? I think the two companies need each other.

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how well Android would do if Samsung decided to abandon Android? I think the two companies need each other.

I tend to agree with that, but look at Dell in the Windows world now. They're a much smaller player than they were. These things ebb and flow. Samsung will drop from the top vendor at some point. And maybe pushing Tizen too hard would be that trigger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol