How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..

woleez

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Its easy...
I had same problem with my note 3
start unintalling apps one by one and if popup ads stop means that was culprit app. Otherwise reinstall that app.
You will have to spend some time and ultimately you will figure out what was clulprit app.

Warda Love Allways

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone do me a favor and help me solve this? I am using note 3 right now, i don't know what apps in play store i have downloaded to cause this armor ads and those games apps that keep asking me to download them. The pop up carry on about every 5-10 mins, even when i am on my home screen. I tried many ways, but the problem still can't solve. Please help. This pop up is killing me. Thank you. Appreciated if anyone is able to help.

Im having the same problem on my Samsung galaxy s3 I need help

Last edited by a moderator:

desertgal145

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone do me a favor and help me solve this? I am using note 3 right now, i don't know what apps in play store i have downloaded to cause this armor ads and those games apps that keep asking me to download them. The pop up carry on about every 5-10 mins, even when i am on my home screen. I tried many ways, but the problem still can't solve. Please help. This pop up is killing me. Thank you. Appreciated if anyone is able to help.

Took me forever to figure it out, no thanks to numerous messageboards, google, etc. The popups are coming directly from the google play app. You need to return JUST THE APP to default settings, from the settings tab while in google play. When you go to forcestop it, on a samsung tab3 it will ask if you wantvto restore to default...click ok. Viola :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Blkthght06

May 19, 2011
Visit site
OP, rooting is your friend. Give it a shot. You might be surprised that you actually like having complete control of what runs on your phone.

Posted via Android Central App

boudicca00

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
It's a tedious thing to do, but I'd make sure your contacts & calendar are backed up, get a list of your apps, then do a factory reset. Re-install your apps, fresh from the play store, a few at a time. If the popups happen again, then you will be able to narrow it down to those that you had most recently added back.

Be aware that it isn't just one app that's causing this either, and when you do find which ones are doing it, make sure to make a note somewhere. Also, if you let someone else play with your phone, make sure they know not to install those apps as well.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Try an app called Air Push Detector....

It maybe able to find the app or apps that are involved.

Sent from my note3 SomeWhere near There...

b239

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I had this issue with multiple ads. I went to settings>backup & reset>factory data reset but then you'd have to reinstall everything unless you have backup turned on

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
OP, rooting is your friend. Give it a shot. You might be surprised that you actually like having complete control of what runs on your phone.

You don't need to root to address this issue. There's a much simpler fix; reload. Most people wouldn't know how to root and would end up bricking the phone.

Rickosw

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys

I totally feel the pain with these "pop" up...

my bad experience is that , i will be using FIREFOX ( for surfing the net ) and it will have a pop up to a game "BRAVE FRONTIER" - totally LEGIT game (via google play store)

i have done two HARD Reset in the past week ... ....and left with only 16 non-google apps (using nexus 7 ) ... (not hard) to find the "KILLER"

I am 90% sure is MUZEI (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=net.nurik.roman.muzei&token=GrTFvtUw) and 500 FIRE PAPER (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...infire.firepaper.fivehundredpx&token=Yv1qCXwu)

this what the previous comments were ... LIVE WALL PAPER ... (this Muzei app used to be working fine, till lately, it just become very unstable)

hope it helps ...

cheers!

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this will help or if its already been suggested but I just now found a setting on my phone that may help.

Settings --> Accounts --> Google --> Ads

Check the box for Opt out of interest-based ads. I wonder now if I should generate a new random ID (the box above the Opt out box, since apparently for whatever time frame advertisers were stalking me ...

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this will help or if its already been suggested but I just now found a setting on my phone that may help.

Settings --> Accounts --> Google --> Ads

Check the box for Opt out of interest-based ads. I wonder now if I should generate a new random ID (the box above the Opt out box, since apparently for whatever time frame advertisers were stalking me ...

That won't stop anyone from getting ads or spam at all. That just makes the ads or spam less targeted to your personal online habits.

I always reset my ID when I opt out just in case an app isn't acting properly. Even if you don't they still will not get any new targeted data from Google, but they could still use the info they already have on you if they are not updating the ad preferences correctly.

busycash

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

Had exactly the same problem on my note 3. In case you've not solved it, download norton from playstore and run the anti-malware tool. Uninstall all the apps it suggests might be responsible. Problem solved! Thank me later. All other ad blocking apps won't work.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Just remembered one of the apps I used. Have a look at Addons Detector might be spelled with only one D. It's in the Play Store.

Rickosw

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Had exactly the same problem on my note 3. In case you've not solved it, download norton from playstore and run the anti-malware tool. Uninstall all the apps it suggests might be responsible. Problem solved! Thank me later. All other ad blocking apps won't work.

To whoever that still have / or recent have POP UP adv,

I can tell you that this NORTON MOBILE SECURITY really works

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....symantec.mobilesecurity&hl=en&token=l6XAjPA9

I bought a Multi Device Package (5 devices) and install onto my Nexus 7, and since then no more nightmare ( i also delete the Live Wall Paper Muzei & Firepaper app & did a HARD RESET) and since then ... things return back to normal

The version of Norton Mobile Security that i am using is PRO" and there is a Anti-Malware feature in it called APP ADVISOR...and yes it does scan all your apps....it runs automatically .... so let ie go on AUTO_Drive

Cheers!

Mirhako

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I always skim reviews on apps. Many times the first 2-3 will have someone warning about ads.

I also use AMC Security and Clean Master. Both have a lot of nice features to help sniff out problems. And they are both free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith