How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone do me a favor and help me solve this? I am using note 3 right now, i don't know what apps in play store i have downloaded to cause this armor ads and those games apps that keep asking me to download them. The pop up carry on about every 5-10 mins, even when i am on my home screen. I tried many ways, but the problem still can't solve. Please help. This pop up is killing me. Thank you. Appreciated if anyone is able to help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-31-23-33-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-31-23-33-11.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 409

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
There was a virus /security app I used to use called trust go security. It evaluates the permissions and risks of installed apps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I just try and it shows me this. So what does that means? I need to uninstall them all?
Currently i am outside right now. Unable to post the ss.

Any recommendations?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Any chance this could be that stupid toolbar that suggests pages and programs. It's called Lumen. It was pre loaded on my note 3. I adjusted the setting and it stopped. I have also turned the program off.

Palm Treo line > Blackberry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW - the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 😊

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I would start by deleting all of your apps and installing them back one by one. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I have tried the Lookout Ad Network Detector.the problem still persist. Even when i am on the Lookout Ad Network Detector the armor ads still pop out. Any other solutions?

Hi, Is there any instruction where i can locate the LUMEN? Because i can't find it anywhere.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
If you download free games for your kids I would start with deleting all of those. They're usually packed full of ads.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I have tried the Lookout Ad Network Detector.the problem still persist. Even when i am on the Lookout Ad Network Detector the armor ads still pop out. Any other solutions?
You might install and run the log app 'Notification History'.
Looking at its log outright after the Armor ad pops up maybe you can catch the app that caused it.

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
If all else fells....you could do a hard reset of the phone. But as you know that will completely wipe everything. So I would do that as a last resort.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note? 3

mspace81

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully u can find the app that's causing this, because it's an app. The only time I've ever had ad pop-ups was because of an app. What was the last app u downloaded? And did u have this popup before u downloaded that app. I also no longer use security apps as its already built in to the device now.

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
The problem still cant be solve. Tried so many apps to find out which app is causing the problem. But still cant be solve. so fed up with my phone
Last resort would be a factory reset. Would solve your problem but you'd lose all your data and files, would be like the first start after out of the box.

So would you like to give another try?
I take it that this culprit app need data for its pop up. You could proof this when there wouldn't pop ups while you switch off mobile data and WiFi.
I use an app which logs the background data of apps, 'Network Connections' from Play Store.
Install and run the app (start Live Capture) ... and after the Armor ad pops up you might see an active app that should not sending/receiving data.
Good luck!

Last edited:

TDDM

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
This has been driving me crazy for weeks. Deleted the last few apps I downloaded for my kids and nothing has happened for the last hour. Hope this helps or you have sorted out the problem

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
The problem still cant be solve. Tried so many apps to find out which app is causing the problem. But still cant be solve. so fed up with my phone

The phone isn't the problem, YOU created the problem by downloading all of those stupid free apps. Here's what you need to do:

Settings>>>General>>>Application Manager>>>Downloaded

Scroll through all of those apps until you find the one you're looking for - it's going to have an "uninstall" button (there may be a few like this) that will allow you to uninstall and delete the app entirely, as opposed to many of the pre-loaded apps that can NOT be uninstalled. If you can't find the app, you will have to either uninstall them all, or reset the phone and start from scratch, your choice.

If you don't know what you're downloading and how to remove it in the event you have an issue with it, you shouldn't be downloading anything.

gorsy

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
The phone isn't the problem, YOU created the problem by downloading all of those stupid free apps. Here's what you need to do:

Settings>>>General>>>Application Manager>>>Downloaded

Scroll through all of those apps until you find the one you're looking for - it's going to have an "uninstall" button (there may be a few like this) that will allow you to uninstall and delete the app entirely, as opposed to many of the pre-loaded apps that can NOT be uninstalled. If you can't find the app, you will have to either uninstall them all, or reset the phone and start from scratch, your choice.

If you don't know what you're downloading and how to remove it in the event you have an issue with it, you shouldn't be downloading anything.

I have had same problem I went into settings in browser then to content settings and disabled notifications ....so far so good!!

samridhi mehta

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone do me a favor and help me solve this? I am using note 3 right now, i don't know what apps in play store i have downloaded to cause this armor ads and those games apps that keep asking me to download them. The pop up carry on about every 5-10 mins, even when i am on my home screen. I tried many ways, but the problem still can't solve. Please help. This pop up is killing me. Thank you. Appreciated if anyone is able to help.

Hi i read your problem which is mentioned above
I am no computer expert but try this
1. go to play store download clean master
2. when the app tells you to uninstall useless apps
delete the app named "network"
this should stop all the pop ups.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi i read your problem which is mentioned above
I am no computer expert but try this
1. go to play store download clean master
2. when the app tells you to uninstall useless apps
delete the app named "network"
this should stop all the pop ups.

I have pop up problems and always get the pop up icons put on my home page.. I did what you said and there is no app by that name on my phone.. The app also says everything on my phone is clean and safe...

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc