Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Question How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..

    Can anyone do me a favor and help me solve this? I am using note 3 right now, i don't know what apps in play store i have downloaded to cause this armor ads and those games apps that keep asking me to download them. The pop up carry on about every 5-10 mins, even when i am on my home screen. I tried many ways, but the problem still can't solve. Please help. This pop up is killing me. Thank you. Appreciated if anyone is able to help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..-screenshot_2013-10-31-23-33-11.jpg  
  2. #2  

    Default Re: How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..

    There was a virus /security app I used to use called trust go security. It evaluates the permissions and risks of installed apps.


    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
  3. #3  

    Default Re: How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..

    Have you tried to download one of the anti virus scan apps?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default

    Hi. I just try and it shows me this. So what does that means? I need to uninstall them all?
    Currently i am outside right now. Unable to post the ss.

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..

    Any recommendations?

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  

    Default

    You might try the suggestions on this thread ...
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=3094401
  7. #7  

    Default Re: How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..

    How do I get rid of Armor AntiVirus popup??

    Here is a similar case.

    @T-Mobile GN3
    3200->Centro-->Pre-->Pre2-->HOX/N4-->GN3
    Palm T|X-->Transformer-->Galaxy Tab 7.7-->iconia w510
  8. #8  

    Default Re: How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..

    Any chance this could be that stupid toolbar that suggests pages and programs. It's called Lumen. It was pre loaded on my note 3. I adjusted the setting and it stopped. I have also turned the program off.

    Palm Treo line > Blackberry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW - the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 😊
    Palm Treo 600/650/700P/Centro/Blackberry Curve 8330/Tour 9630/Bold 9650/HTC EVO 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SII Touch 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SIII Touch LTE!!!
  9. #9  

    Default Re: How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..

    I would start by deleting all of your apps and installing them back one by one. Good luck.

    Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    boudicca00 likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..

    I have tried the Lookout Ad Network Detector.the problem still persist. Even when i am on the Lookout Ad Network Detector the armor ads still pop out. Any other solutions?
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..

    Hi, Is there any instruction where i can locate the LUMEN? Because i can't find it anywhere.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..

    If you download free games for your kids I would start with deleting all of those. They're usually packed full of ads.

    Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
  13. #13  

    Default Re: How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherilyn Alwaysyourlady View Post
    I have tried the Lookout Ad Network Detector.the problem still persist. Even when i am on the Lookout Ad Network Detector the armor ads still pop out. Any other solutions?
    You might install and run the log app 'Notification History'.
    Looking at its log outright after the Armor ad pops up maybe you can catch the app that caused it.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..

    If all else fells....you could do a hard reset of the phone. But as you know that will completely wipe everything. So I would do that as a last resort.

    Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note® 3
  15. #15  
    mspace81's Avatar

    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

    Default Re: How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..

    Hopefully u can find the app that's causing this, because it's an app. The only time I've ever had ad pop-ups was because of an app. What was the last app u downloaded? And did u have this popup before u downloaded that app. I also no longer use security apps as its already built in to the device now.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..

    The problem still cant be solve. Tried so many apps to find out which app is causing the problem. But still cant be solve. so fed up with my phone

    Posted via Android Central App
  17. #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherilyn Alwaysyourlady View Post
    The problem still cant be solve. Tried so many apps to find out which app is causing the problem. But still cant be solve. so fed up with my phone
    Last resort would be a factory reset. Would solve your problem but you'd lose all your data and files, would be like the first start after out of the box.

    So would you like to give another try?
    I take it that this culprit app need data for its pop up. You could proof this when there wouldn't pop ups while you switch off mobile data and WiFi.
    I use an app which logs the background data of apps, 'Network Connections' from Play Store.
    Install and run the app (start Live Capture) ... and after the Armor ad pops up you might see an active app that should not sending/receiving data.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by Adamsberg; 11-04-2013 at 09:00 AM.
  18. #18  
    TDDM's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..

    This has been driving me crazy for weeks. Deleted the last few apps I downloaded for my kids and nothing has happened for the last hour. Hope this helps or you have sorted out the problem
  19. #19  
    FBA
    FBA is online now
    FBA's Avatar

    Posts
    425 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,065 Global Posts

    Default Re: How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherilyn Alwaysyourlady View Post
    The problem still cant be solve. Tried so many apps to find out which app is causing the problem. But still cant be solve. so fed up with my phone

    Posted via Android Central App
    The phone isn't the problem, YOU created the problem by downloading all of those stupid free apps. Here's what you need to do:

    Settings>>>General>>>Application Manager>>>Downloaded

    Scroll through all of those apps until you find the one you're looking for - it's going to have an "uninstall" button (there may be a few like this) that will allow you to uninstall and delete the app entirely, as opposed to many of the pre-loaded apps that can NOT be uninstalled. If you can't find the app, you will have to either uninstall them all, or reset the phone and start from scratch, your choice.

    If you don't know what you're downloading and how to remove it in the event you have an issue with it, you shouldn't be downloading anything.
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.
    Thanked by:
  20. #20  

    Default Re: How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..

    Quote Originally Posted by FBA View Post
    The phone isn't the problem, YOU created the problem by downloading all of those stupid free apps. Here's what you need to do:

    Settings>>>General>>>Application Manager>>>Downloaded

    Scroll through all of those apps until you find the one you're looking for - it's going to have an "uninstall" button (there may be a few like this) that will allow you to uninstall and delete the app entirely, as opposed to many of the pre-loaded apps that can NOT be uninstalled. If you can't find the app, you will have to either uninstall them all, or reset the phone and start from scratch, your choice.

    If you don't know what you're downloading and how to remove it in the event you have an issue with it, you shouldn't be downloading anything.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..

    I have had same problem I went into settings in browser then to content settings and disabled notifications ....so far so good!!
  22. #22  

    Default Re: How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherilyn Alwaysyourlady View Post
    Can anyone do me a favor and help me solve this? I am using note 3 right now, i don't know what apps in play store i have downloaded to cause this armor ads and those games apps that keep asking me to download them. The pop up carry on about every 5-10 mins, even when i am on my home screen. I tried many ways, but the problem still can't solve. Please help. This pop up is killing me. Thank you. Appreciated if anyone is able to help.
    Hi i read your problem which is mentioned above
    I am no computer expert but try this
    1. go to play store download clean master
    2. when the app tells you to uninstall useless apps
    delete the app named "network"
    this should stop all the pop ups.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..

    Quote Originally Posted by samridhi mehta View Post
    Hi i read your problem which is mentioned above
    I am no computer expert but try this
    1. go to play store download clean master
    2. when the app tells you to uninstall useless apps
    delete the app named "network"
    this should stop all the pop ups.
    I have pop up problems and always get the pop up icons put on my home page.. I did what you said and there is no app by that name on my phone.. The app also says everything on my phone is clean and safe...

    THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..

    Its easy...
    I had same problem with my note 3
    start unintalling apps one by one and if popup ads stop means that was culprit app. Otherwise reinstall that app.
    You will have to spend some time and ultimately you will figure out what was clulprit app.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherilyn Alwaysyourlady View Post
    I have tried the Lookout Ad Network Detector.the problem still persist. Even when i am on the Lookout Ad Network Detector the armor ads still pop out. Any other solutions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-01-2014, 04:50 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2013, 01:36 AM
  3. need a good talk to text app please.
    By carguy8888 in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2013, 12:05 AM
  4. need a good talk to text app please.
    By carguy8888 in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2013, 12:04 AM
  5. LG Optimus Vu - Help needed to root this thing
    By axe6st in forum LG Optimus Vu
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2013, 11:57 PM

Posting Permissions

B