I started using this phone about three days ago. I love everything about it, but when I use it for trivial tasks, like chatting on Whatsapp or going through posts on the Android Central App, it starts heating up right around the camera and Samsung logo area (on the back). Is this common?
Posted via Android Central AppHTC Hero > HTC Evo > HTC Evo 3D > Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- 11-04-2013, 01:35 AM #3
- 11-04-2013, 04:22 AM #5
- 320 Posts
What you feel is the warming of the processor, no need to worry about ... unless its heat affects the battery's temperature.
What you'd look it's the battery's temperature ... because it's the phone's most sensitive component.
The Li-Ion battery's allowed max temperature is for discharging 60C (140F) and for charging 45C (113F).
If the battery remains below this temperatures that means it doesn't represent any danger.
But high temperatures of the battery over extended periods of time will decrease the battery's life cycle span.
- 11-04-2013, 09:49 AM #6
I concur. The processor is by the camera, and mine gets warm too. When I'm texting, Facebook, responding to emails, using the multi window feature and playing a game...I'm making this quad core show is power. Lol. All you need to keep an eye on is the battery on the bottom, like stated above.
Palm Treo line > Blackberry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW - the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 😊Palm Treo 600/650/700P/Centro/Blackberry Curve 8330/Tour 9630/Bold 9650/HTC EVO 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SII Touch 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SIII Touch LTE!!!
- 11-04-2013, 02:31 PM #8
- By slide83 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 26Last Post: 12-04-2013, 05:49 AM
- By Gamer_Radar in forum Moto XReplies: 11Last Post: 11-03-2013, 10:17 AM
- By Alberto Ortega in forum T-Mobile HTC OneReplies: 3Last Post: 10-23-2013, 06:00 AM
- By finnytom in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 10-11-2013, 02:39 PM
- By ttexxan in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 11Last Post: 10-05-2013, 09:24 AM