- 25 Posts
Text messages being split
When I had my iPhone, some messages would come to me split into multiple messages. Now that I've switched over, apparently messages I send to some people are split too. I sent a URL to someone yesterday and it split it. How do I prevent this from happening using the stock messaging app?
Posted via Android Central App
- 11-04-2013, 08:22 AM #2
- 11-04-2013, 08:51 AM #4
Re: Text messages being split
I'm guessing it's got to do with the encoding either the phone or the carrier is using. SMS are limited in characters but that limit also varies per encoding, so it might be getting split because of that (going over the character limit for 1 message). Usually the phone tells you this with a little indicator that says something like "1/1" or "1/2" to denote that you're writing on the first message out of one or two to be sent.
- By youngjediboy in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 8Last Post: 11-06-2013, 07:33 AM
- By paker in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 2Last Post: 11-04-2013, 02:31 PM
- By pranitha in forum HTC One XReplies: 2Last Post: 11-04-2013, 09:29 AM
- By dasaucemasta in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 2Last Post: 11-04-2013, 08:47 AM
- By DrZach21 in forum Telus Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 11-03-2013, 07:44 PM