Samsung Galaxy - Cracked Screen Defect, not dropped, Note 3 & Note 2, S4 & S3

SenorPistachio

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I did find a tutorial on youtube on how to fix it yourself. It's not THAT hard....plus the material ( new front glass ) costs about 3 dollars. ( ebay ).

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Here in canada, with Telus, they tell me that Samsung guaranteed the glass for 3 months and the phone 1 year through carrier.

Sent from my SM-T210R using AC Forums mobile app

abazigal

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Don't think Apple would treat you any better.
I have Apple notebook and broke down after 9 months and when I try to get fixed, Apple wouldn't send the part for 4weeks.
Get that 4weeks!
When they finally send the part, it's the same faulty Toshiba SSD that failed in first place.
Apple has recall on all Toshiba SSD because they have known about this since 2011 and still sold with this part and now they are on recall.
But mine was still under the warranty and yet, I am out of my computer for more than 4weeks. still not fixed.
I been talking to Apple and they keep telling me, just wait and wait. bla bla bla. Nothing else.
Yet they told me normal fix time for warranty item is 5~7 business days.
This is how APPLE is so trust me Samsung is much better to help you than Apple, because I don't even know if Apple is ever going to fix my computer at all.
By the way, Apple's customer service is the one of the worst I ever talk to, they even hang up on if they don't like you.

At least Samsung doesn't have to do recall like Apple does.
Because Samsung's SSD hasn't failed not even once where as Toshiba SSD failed and Apple is finanlly doing recall, but what is the point since they are only selectively fixing SSD to selective customers. I guess fairness is not in Apple's dictionary.

So waiting 2 weeks is nothing. I am waiting 4 plus weeks. This is my 5th week and nothing is happening.
Also would you want to replace your hard drive with same brand that is being recalled? NO right?
Yet Apple is insisiting they want to put that same fulty Toshiba SSD back into my MacAir, to see that fail again???

This is the truth about APPLE. They are not great as you think.
:confused::'(

That's pretty shoddy treatment, completely opposite of my experience. When my iMac developed screen issues, I called their customer care for assistance. Within minutes, I got through and an appointment was made. The next day, two men came down and brought my iMac back for servicing after a quick check revealed that they would not be able to service it on site. 2 days later, the repaired iMac was delivered back to my house. The deliveryman even set it up nicely for me. No fuss or additional effort required on my part.

That said, the OP's experience seems very similar to a friend of mine. His note2 also developed a similar looking crack and he has no idea how that came about. He swears he had been very careful with it. He took it for servicing but when quoted a price for repair, he decided to turn it down and wait for his next recontract. Looks unsightly but nothing he can't live with.

So no one has any idea how it came about?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nfluencedaworld

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
That's pretty shoddy treatment, completely opposite of my experience. When my iMac developed screen issues, I called their customer care for assistance. Within minutes, I got through and an appointment was made. The next day, two men came down and brought my iMac back for servicing after a quick check revealed that they would not be able to service it on site. 2 days later, the repaired iMac was delivered back to my house. The deliveryman even set it up nicely for me. No fuss or additional effort required on my part.

That said, the OP's experience seems very similar to a friend of mine. His note2 also developed a similar looking crack and he has no idea how that came about. He swears he had been very careful with it. He took it for servicing but when quoted a price for repair, he decided to turn it down and wait for his next recontract. Looks unsightly but nothing he can't live with.

So no one has any idea how it came about?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We think it might be a charging issue

Posted via Android Central App

awasen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Mine cracked too. I noticed it this morning when taking it from charge. The crack was NOT there yesterday evening when I placed it to charge on my desk so it has apparently cracked during the night... :(
I bought it in October and there is not one single scratch on it otherwise and I have never dropped it or "abused" it.

The crack is as all the other posted here, from edge to edge of the glass in the lower part of the screen for me. Touch and pen is still working fine so the crack doesn't appear to affect the usage of the screen.

Extremely annoying!

I live in Sweden and will listen in on what Samsung support says here...

Nfluencedaworld

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Mine cracked too. I noticed it this morning when taking it from charge. The crack was NOT there yesterday evening when I placed it to charge on my desk so it has apparently cracked during the night... :(
I bought it in October and there is not one single scratch on it otherwise and I have never dropped it or "abused" it.

The crack is as all the other posted here, from edge to edge of the glass in the lower part of the screen for me. Touch and pen is still working fine so the crack doesn't appear to affect the usage of the screen.

Extremely annoying!

I live in Sweden and will listen in on what Samsung support says here...

Sorry to hear that. Are you able to post pictures of It?

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
As I was ready the whole story from peeps . I wonder if the cracking screen is not related to leaving the phone plug in all night. Which would make the phone over heating.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

Anshley Ganoo

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
hey guys, My note 3 screen cracked after 1 month usage.
No drops or pressure applied.
My phone is insured against manufacturer's defects but how to prove same??
I am not agreeable to have my phone repaired and want a new one.
Any suggestions please?

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
hey guys, My note 3 screen cracked after 1 month usage.
No drops or pressure applied.
My phone is insured against manufacturer's defects but how to prove same??
I am not agreeable to have my phone repaired and want a new one.
Any suggestions please?

The only thing I can think of is a class action lawsuit against Samsung

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Or I should be covert by Samsung under the warranty. Here in Canada with my provider they tell me 3 months

jesse kuhn

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I bought my note 3 from att in Nov . I had it for three days on the third day with a case on it and in a shopping center I pulled it out of my pocket aand half the screen was black further looking at it I noticed it had a hairline cracked about a inch long. Top right. Called att they said they wouldn't charge under the warranty and they would send a new phone. Got new phone and two weeks later they send the old phone back with a 659.00 bill. Class action suit I am in. So frustrated never had a Samsung before and this one seams to be great but there was definitely a defect. Please pray me when I need to sign

mail4diop

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Mine isn't a cracked per say but looks like someone used an etch a sketch on top left corner clearly can be seen that its under the screen

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 4

Nfluencedaworld

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I bought my note 3 from att in Nov . I had it for three days on the third day with a case on it and in a shopping center I pulled it out of my pocket aand half the screen was black further looking at it I noticed it had a hairline cracked about a inch long. Top right. Called att they said they wouldn't charge under the warranty and they would send a new phone. Got new phone and two weeks later they send the old phone back with a 659.00 bill. Class action suit I am in. So frustrated never had a Samsung before and this one seams to be great but there was definitely a defect. Please pray me when I need to sign

Thank you. I am working on it. We need 100 people.

jesse kuhn

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Well let me know. I have been fighting att. I don't know one person in their right mind would openly pay 659.00 for a phone. And they want to pass it on to me even though their phone rep told me they wouldn't charge me. I Will continue to post on every android/att/Samsung sights bad reviews to both att and Samsung until I feel my issue has been resolved. Such b.s. we have to even fight a issue like this when clearly was a Samsung defect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781