Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Default Playing music on my phone and along with music all the ringtones and everything else plays.

As it says in the title. I usually shuffle all my songs and just listen, but all of the ringtones, and other sounds plays as well. Is there any way to stop this. I am sure it's not note 3 related. I use Power Amp. Does anyone know how to make this stop.After every song it plays notification sounds, ringtones, sounds from games or other thngs.

Default Re: Playing music on my phone and along with music all the ringtones and everything else plays.

I assume you brought your own ring tones from your sd card? What I do is make folders. Music vs ring tones. I use ringdroid to bring the ringtones over from my sd card to the phones memory so they always work. I make sure that my music app stock or player pro that it uses the music folder path only. This setting is usually in options. Hope this helps.

Palm Treo line > Blackberry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW - the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 😊
    Palm Treo 600/650/700P/Centro/Blackberry Curve 8330/Tour 9630/Bold 9650/HTC EVO 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SII Touch 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SIII Touch LTE!!!
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Default Re: Playing music on my phone and along with music all the ringtones and everything else plays.

I appreciate the help. Now do I ever feel dumb. When I went into options/setting and what folders for power amp to searchit had everything checked. I just unchecked everything except for mymusic folder and that should fix the problem. Iwill find out tomorrow. I am pretty sure that will do it though. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by dlknight View Post
    I appreciate the help. Now do I ever feel dumb. When I went into options/setting and what folders for power amp to searchit had everything checked. I just unchecked everything except for mymusic folder and that should fix the problem. Iwill find out tomorrow. I am pretty sure that will do it though. Thanks again.
    I use stock gn3 music player. There is no setting from what I have seen to select where the music is played from. The only way I see is if you go through the folders and select the music folder. You can shuffle from there. I don't know if there is something I am missing.

That's what happened to on stock android when I moved all my music to my SD card, I surprisingly don't mind it lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Weird thing is that I used my computer and windows file manager to add my ringtones to the ringtone folder. The ringtones still showed up in my shuffle. Today I downloaded Samsung's Kies and clear out my ringtone and music. (This also took care of the album art problem i was having) Reloaded and now my music is separated from my ringtones. :-)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 running KitKat 4.4.2