1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Flash issues on Note III

Anyone else having issues with the flash not working on the Note III? I have not seen any posts on this and I am not having issues on my phone but on my wife's phone she is having issues. Her first Note III the flash would not work at all.. verified this with the Tiny Flashlight app. She traded it in for a new phone at Verizon. Now the flash on the new phone will work for a while but then in order to get it to work she has to reboot the phone. After the reboot it works fine. I did not know if there was some setting that might need to be changed.. I think she uses the auto picture mode the most but I know she has tried others when it will not flash. I do not take photos much so I may not see the issue. She on the other hand takes a ton of photos. She also complains about how slow it is to take a photo compared to her iPhone 4s. Any way to speed that up for her?

Default Re: Flash issues on Note III

I had the same issue. I don't usually use the flash on a phone so I didn't notice it for the first week or so when I finally decided to try it and couldn't get it to work with either the camera app or flashlight app. I was all set to return it for another one but I rebooted and it's worked fine ever since. Speed-wise I think it's much faster that my wifes iPhone 4S. Loads faster and takes pictures faster. Depending on the light situation I may need to wait for processing but the picture is much nicer than what the 4S can do.

No issues with mine... I just took a bunch of test pictures with flash forced and it works. I also tried a couple of apps (and the included Torch widget) and it works fine.

mine works, but it doesnt like to fire in auto mode
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

She may be only using Auto Mode. I will have her check when I am off work and try other modes.

Quote Originally Posted by icnmayhem View Post
    mine works, but it doesnt like to fire in auto mode
    Try turning "Smart Stabilization" off...For some idiotic reason Samsung decided to bundle the "Night Mode" into the stabilization option, so more often than not, the phone will try to take pictures with longer exposure rather than firing up the flash.

I've been having problems with my camera as well. At first the pictures were fine. Then I discovered that the turn flash on and off feature was a little hard to work with. Yesterday I took 10 pictures of my kids in the same pose and some of them flashed, others did not. Today I could not get it to flash at all. Just now I tried removing the Stabilization but that actually darkened the picture for some reason. Still no flash. This is not what I would expect to have to deal with after paying $300.

I've been having LOTS of flash/LED light issues on my Verizon Note 3. However, I believe this is app related somewhere. Proof is that when I'm under a "full load" of my apps, flash won't fire when using Samsung native camera, under Camera Zoom FX, using the widget Assistive Light, or via any other 3rd party app that offers either camera flash or flashlight functionality.

If I reboot the phone into Safe mode, it will work just fine. After a reboot from Safe mode back into normal mode, it will work for awhile until I load some number/type of apps (still trying to get to a pattern here) and then the light won't work again until I reboot the phone.

Generally speaking, I've just learned to reboot my phone first thing every morning after taking it off the charger. Hassle but its Android....you get what you pay for.

I am having the same problem...tried all the modes but still the led seems to work for ranging (i assume) but then no flash...where are the reset controls?

Thanks,

Lawrence

Mine has been having the same issue. Flash or light doesn't work for anything until I reboot again. I can't believe I bought another samsung piece of sh*t!!
    Also camera sucks even with stabilizer off! Slow and out of focus.

Quote Originally Posted by gsampl4 View Post
    Anyone else having issues with the flash not working on the Note III? I have not seen any posts on this and I am not having issues on my phone but on my wife's phone she is having issues. Her first Note III the flash would not work at all.. verified this with the Tiny Flashlight app. She traded it in for a new phone at Verizon. Now the flash on the new phone will work for a while but then in order to get it to work she has to reboot the phone. After the reboot it works fine. I did not know if there was some setting that might need to be changed.. I think she uses the auto picture mode the most but I know she has tried others when it will not flash. I do not take photos much so I may not see the issue. She on the other hand takes a ton of photos. She also complains about how slow it is to take a photo compared to her iPhone 4s. Any way to speed that up for her?

Why sometime my led notification light will work n sometime don't? Sometime I in lock screen mode the when I receive what apps message the led light will work...n sm in same mode even gt what apps msg...the led light did not work....what happen to my note 3? Anyone have any ideas?

I have a similar problem. Must restart to get flash to work again

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Really going to crazy with note 3....After updating the led light especially when it charge and also for the message light, it will turn dimmed...don't know why....other notification light work okay...just this two...anyone can help this? Please....

I absolutely love my Note 3, but I have been experiencing the same thing. After reading your posts tonight, I rebooted my phone and the Flash works fine.
    While it seems a pain, it seems necessary.