Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 2Amp Car Charger?

I have seen quite a few car chargers on Amazon, but wanted to get the Android Community feedback.

Any reputable brands on amazon for a car charger that you would recommend? Obviously looking for low cost but good quality.

Also thinking about getting the caseology spare batteries!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: 2Amp Car Charger?

I'm using a Belkin. 2.1 amps, paid $20 at Verizon months ago.
    A little difficult to stay in place in the wife's Sonata but fine in the others.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    Evo4G. Now with more Internet.

Since I'm new to this USB 3.0 on phones, I have a couple of questions. Is saying 2A the same as 2.0 amp (and 2.x)? Is that what's needed for USB 3.0 charger? Of course a huge advantage with the Note 3 is that it charges MUCH faster than my older phone, and of course that's attributed to the 3.0. Will car chargers (that are 2.x) charge just as fast?

I found this on Amazon Amazon.com: Anker 18W / 2.4A + 2.0A (3.6A max) Dual Port Car Charger with One Built-in Micro USB Cord for Android and One USB Port for Apple Devices - The First and Smallest Adapter to Provide Simultaneous, Full-Speed Charges to iPads and Smartphone, is it one of those fast chargers?

Sorry if I'm not making sense :/
    HTC Hero > HTC Evo > HTC Evo 3D > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

2A = 2.0 amp = 2000mA

As far as I know, the USB 3.0 standard isn't relevant for chargers.

I heard that this Anker car charger charges Android phones fast, but I didn't own the charger.
    But my Anker power pack charges fast when using the cable which came with it.

I've used this one for over a year on three different phones (N4, HTC One and Note 3). It charges the Note 3 at the same rate/voltage on micro USB as it does when using the Samsung OEM USB cable and wall charger. I've seen no difference at all when using the USB 3.0 cable from any power source.

Amazon.com: Satechi ST-2412 Car Lighter USB Charger Adapter with Smart Converter for iPad 2 & 3, iPhone 5S, 5C, 5 & 4S, Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, BlackBerry Playbook, HTC Flyer, Android Phones (2.1 AMP): Cell Phones & Accessories

Nice app if you wish to see your charging current: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ngcurrent.free

This is the one I use. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00D82...idcentral00-20

Got it for free when I bought the Astro E4 charger. Also USB 3.0 has nothing to do with charging speed when it is plugged into a charger. The faster charging speed comes into play when it is plugged into a computer in a USB 3.0 port due to the fact that usb 3.0 puts out 0.9A compared to USB 2.0 at 0.5A.the reason that you see overall faster charging times has to do with the quick charge function of the snapdragons cpu

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by putsometrebleinit View Post
    This is the one I use. Anker 18W /3.6A Dual Port USB Car Charger for iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s, 4; iPad 5, Air, mini; Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Galaxy Note 3, 2; Motorola Droid Razr Maxx; HTC One X V S and more (Black):Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

Got it for free when I bought the Astro E4 charger. Also USB 3.0 has nothing to do with charging speed when it is plugged into a charger. The faster charging speed comes into play when it is plugged into a computer in a USB 3.0 port due to the fact that usb 3.0 puts out 0.9A compared to USB 2.0 at 0.5A.the reason that you see overall faster charging times has to do with the quick charge function of the snapdragons cpu

wait, so the usb 3.0 has no benefit to those who only charge from the wall? so i can plug in any cable and any charger and it will charge at the same speed?

Quote Originally Posted by icnmayhem View Post
    wait, so the usb 3.0 has no benefit to those who only charge from the wall? so i can plug in any cable and any charger and it will charge at the same speed?
    Yes and no. 2 amps output is 2 amps output. The cable makes no difference at all but if the charger puts out less than two amps it will charge slower. The cable still makes no difference. However, be careful when buying cheaper chargers from Amazon or eBay because they might say 2 amp but they aren't. Go with a trusted name and read reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by putsometrebleinit View Post
    Yes and no. 2 amps output is 2 amps output. The cable makes no difference at all but if the charger puts out less than two amps it will charge slower. The cable still makes no difference. However, be careful when buying cheaper chargers from Amazon or eBay because they might say 2 amp but they aren't. Go with a trusted name and read reviews.

thank you. so get a quality 2A charger, but it doesnt matter if i have a 3.0 cable or the regular micro usb. that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by icnmayhem View Post
    thank you. so get a quality 2A charger, but it doesnt matter if i have a 3.0 cable or the regular micro usb. that helps.
    A USB 3.0 cable differs physically, its only connects into USB 3.0 device.
    But you can connect a USB 2.0 cable into a USB 3.0 device.