If you guys haven't downloaded Textra yet nows the time.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I just tried to use hangouts with several of my contacts and it tells me that the other person is not on hangouts and only choice is to send an invitation.

I was having the same problem using the file that's available in the play store. Apparently there's a new version that's being slow rolled out that now includes the option for sms. The link is on the forums here. That's where I got it from. It will install over your current version and you should be all set.

Rockin my Note 3

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same problem using the file that's available in the play store. Apparently there's a new version that's being slow rolled out that now includes the option for sms. The link is on the forums here. That's where I got it from. It will install over your current version and you should be all set.

Rockin my Note 3
Thank for the info. I just downloaded and using it but, it is to plain in comparison with the stock messenger. Do you know what is the difference between the two of them ? cause I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I liked using textra but was causing a weird screen cycle on my phone. I would get a text and some times the screen would go off and the led would blink as normal. Other times I would get a text, No led blink, and the screen would keep popping on.

I also miss the integration of svoice like reading out messages.

Decided to go with stock but use floating notifications to have that instant popup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a combination of messaging apps. From Floating Notification and Sliding Messaging. I'm digging Hangouts primarily for it being an all in one messaging app. I prefer Sliding Messaging cause it has so many features... So, I'm going back and forth between those three..

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I like 8sms and highly recommend it. It's lightweight, fast, and not overloaded with features. You can also turn the pop up on or off. If you are rooted and running TWRP, there's an inverted black stock Samsung SMS in the Tmobile themes and apps section.
ajege5y6.jpg

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I like 8sms and highly recommend it. It's lightweight, fast, and not overloaded with features. You can also turn the pop up on or off. If you are rooted and running TWRP, there's an inverted black stock Samsung SMS in the Tmobile themes and apps section.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/11/ajege5y6.jpg
Thank you, I just downloaded and tried it ........ this app is an awesome replacement for stock and hangouts.....:cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress