Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By infinity12402
  • 1 Post By JoeyyNY
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Issues with the Note 3!

Well, I have the 16 Gb N 9005 version of the Note 3 which I bought almost 3 weeks ago. I've noticed some stuffs that really bothers me lately with the device.

First, about the screen. Normally when you are viewing a total black or simply dark picture on an lcd screen, you usually see the LED back light behind the LCD panel. However, I've noticed that I can see some sort of back light on the Super AMOLED screen, though this type of screen doesn't actually feature any back light.
    So I want to confirm if anyone has had such issue about their Note 3 screens.

Well, it is mainly visible, when you go on active apps. Go into a totally dark place, hold your home button then go to Active apps. For me, I can see this "back light" stuff on the lower half of my screen. You can also see it, if you go on settings then accounts. You'll see that on the black background there are some sort of white light behind the screen.

However, the weird part is that, when you go in gallery which has a default black background, you don't see it!

Secondly: I don't know if it's just me, but I've compared my N 9005 to the N 9000 of my friend. I don't know how but his screens looks brighter than mine (even with the same brightness level) and his camera as well with better brightness level and better pictures.
    My camera also heats up the device when I use it too much ( I don't know it it's actually normal)

Thirdly: The S pen. Well, when I first bought the device, everything was running smoothly with no lags. When I detached the S pen from the device, the Air Command didn't lag but now it does a little.

Well that's pretty much it. Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Issues with the Note 3!

Have you checked to see if you and your friend had the same screen set up? It's not just the brightness but in display settings there are 3 different settings for the screen.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.

Is it true 16 GB? As i know the lowest version of note 3 is 32GB.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by maseholic View Post
    Is it true 16 GB? As i know the lowest version of note 3 is 32GB.

Nope. The N9005 has a 16GB model.
    Samsung N9005 Galaxy Note 3 16GB LTE (Unlocked) (Black)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RhysC24 View Post
    Well, I have the 16 Gb N 9005 version of the Note 3 which I bought almost 3 weeks ago. I've noticed some stuffs that really bothers me lately with the device.

First, about the screen. Normally when you are viewing a total black or simply dark picture on an lcd screen, you usually see the LED back light behind the LCD panel. However, I've noticed that I can see some sort of back light on the Super AMOLED screen, though this type of screen doesn't actually feature any back light.
    So I want to confirm if anyone has had such issue about their Note 3 screens.

Well, it is mainly visible, when you go on active apps. Go into a totally dark place, hold your home button then go to Active apps. For me, I can see this "back light" stuff on the lower half of my screen. You can also see it, if you go on settings then accounts. You'll see that on the black background there are some sort of white light behind the screen.

However, the weird part is that, when you go in gallery which has a default black background, you don't see it!

Secondly: I don't know if it's just me, but I've compared my N 9005 to the N 9000 of my friend. I don't know how but his screens looks brighter than mine (even with the same brightness level) and his camera as well with better brightness level and better pictures.
    My camera also heats up the device when I use it too much ( I don't know it it's actually normal)

Thirdly: The S pen. Well, when I first bought the device, everything was running smoothly with no lags. When I detached the S pen from the device, the Air Command didn't lag but now it does a little.

Well that's pretty much it. Thank you in advance.
    Try doing a factory reset. Make sure you back up everything first!
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6

Try a factory reset, This seems odd...

Sent from my Sexy Galaxy Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyyNY View Post
    Try a factory reset, This seems odd...

Well some people's way of thinking here is just like a computer tech, when you call the first advise is to reformat and reinstall windows again..........

This morning, my Note 3 wouldn't turn on after I had used it earlier in the morning and it was fully charged. I had to remove my Seidio case, which wasn't easy, remove my battery, and restart my phone. My wife has a Note 2 and has the same probably every few weeks. Has anybody else had this problem?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Never had a problem like that with my Note 3. And it's 2 weeks old, so maybe a little later it might?

you know what my problem is. my email shortcut on the lock screen shows -2 emails. so when ever i get an email, if its not more than 3, it doesnt show up. i originally cleared all the data from the email app, and it worked for a week, but it went right back to the negative. no idea how to fix this.
    trandz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity12402 View Post
    you know what my problem is. my email shortcut on the lock screen shows -2 emails. so when ever i get an email, if its not more than 3, it doesnt show up. i originally cleared all the data from the email app, and it worked for a week, but it went right back to the negative. no idea how to fix this.
    -2? Wtf??
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6

The only way to get 16GB version is overseas. All U.S versions are 32GB.

Global Posts
    726 Global Posts

Got my girlfriend the octa core model and the camera app crashes from time to time. Also the battery life seems to be sub par. In addition to that the camera app shows sometimes processing and then there're times where you take a pic so quickly you don't see any of those processing messages.

Anyone else with with those symptoms?

Quote Originally Posted by fantom305 View Post
    Well some people's way of thinking here is just like a computer tech, when you call the first advise is to reformat and reinstall windows again..........
    Well, when all else has failed what do you expect? A bacon omelet? Cause his problem doesn't seem to be just checking and unchecking boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    Well, when all else has failed what do you expect? A bacon omelet? Cause his problem doesn't seem to be just checking and unchecking boxes.
    Neither a factory reset according to other posts, so bacon omelet would be nicer..........

Quote Originally Posted by Crisdean View Post
    Got my girlfriend the octa core model and the camera app crashes from time to time. Also the battery life seems to be sub par. In addition to that the camera app shows sometimes processing and then there're times where you take a pic so quickly you don't see any of those processing messages.

Anyone else with with those symptoms?
    I have octa core version and yes, i also have issue with the battery. However, the camera is working fine.

Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fantom305 View Post
    No computer tech advises a user to do that unless all other options have been tried. Stop being so dramatic.

However, asking users to reboot is normal and appropriate. In fact, that should be the first step taken by users before even contacting support.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

No computer tech advises a user to do that unless all other options have been tried. Stop being so dramatic......
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......You must be one of them...sorry but I have been using.....fixing and building my own PC's not to know that the majority of them sits in front of a computer reading from a database and telling you what to do and when they run out of options very quick...the following step is to reformat the hard drive.... In any event I agree with you about a boot up but not about factory reset for any single problem ones encounter with their phone. I am not being dramatic...just realistic...it is a pain to restore a PC or a phone.......thank God Google exist....

Quote Originally Posted by Spacemaker24 View Post
    No computer tech advises a user to do that unless all other options have been tried. Stop being so dramatic.

However, asking users to reboot is normal and appropriate. In fact, that should be the first step taken by users before even contacting support.

Is this a joke? My wife's iphone 5s home button was stuck and would not move at all and guess what apple's first option was to do a factory reset.. Now how stupid is this... None Dramatic :thumbup:

Thanked by:
    fantom305 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyyNY View Post
    Is this a joke? My wife's iphone 5s home button was stuck and would not move at all and guess what apple's first option was to do a factory reset.. Now how stupid is this... None Dramatic :thumbup:

Apparently you don't understand the difference between a computer and an iPhone. Read the prior posts if you need help catching up.

I also did a firmware update from android 4.4.2 to 4.4.2 (this time wt a base band version "N900XXUENG1)..that was when i noticed my ram almost always occupied..the battery drains faster..the video recording at night was so poor it blurs like a 1981 computer screen. .some of the options for video settings disappeared. .worse more, in the 10 months i have been using this phone it never froze for a split second..but now it does. Sometimes d touchscreen will refuse to respond until i restart d phone..i hope they send a better firmware soon..or has anyone got some safe solutions?

Posted via the Android Central App