Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Default Re: What does a tablet offer that a Note 3 doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    So when you say your latop is cheaper then a tablet, you are comparing your heavily discounted laptop against full retail of a loaded up version of the most expensive tablet available. That's certainly a fair comparison.
    Few things, first it's "than", not "then", second, when comparing a laptop and a tablet, you would expect to compare like for like, so comparing a laptop with a 240GB harddrive, why compare it to an 8GB iPad? Better yet, why not compare it to an iPod and pretend that strictly a music player is all that's necessary for the sake of proving a point?

That's ok, it doesn't make sense to Microsoft either. That's why they spent the last ten years coming out with these giant tablets that were really just crippled laptops. They all died, because it turns out that a lot of people really only want email/web browsing/file viewing.
    A lot of people also think Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga are the greatest musical artists, that Soccer is the greatest sport, and that Carrot Top is a great comedian, so I guess if we're basing everything on popular opinion....

2 extra pounds might not seem like a lot to you, but for people who don't need that extra function you think they want, triple to quadruple the weight is a big deal. That's why Apple and Samsung and Google are selling loads of tablets, and sales of ultrabooks and laptops are in the sewer.
    That's fine by me considering a laptop will give me more utility, better performance, and a longer shelf life (especially when you consider how fast a lemming is at upgradung their device when Apple tells them that there is a newer toy available for them to play Angry Birds on). I'll gladly take a deeply discounted device that doesn't compromise on performance because Duh mASSes prefer form over function.

As I stated before, I do own a tablet. It's a wonderful consumer device for entertainment purposes, but for the workplace, there are much better alternatives out there.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    CM7 Nightly

I came from an iPhone 4S and have invested a lot of money in Apple. The iPad allows me to keep access to that ecosystem and previously purchased apps. It's so much nicer than to squint at that measly 3.5 inch screen.

Sent from my VZW Samsung Note 3

Global Posts
    6,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by pathfinder3 View Post
    I came from an iPhone 4S and have invested a lot of money in Apple. The iPad allows me to keep access to that ecosystem and previously purchased apps. It's so much nicer than to squint at that measly 3.5 inch screen.

Sent from my VZW Samsung Note 3
    You know, I've had a multiple iPhones and multiple android phones, I go back in forth (why limit myself). I now have a 5s as my main phone (sold my Note 3). There's good and bad on each. While I certainly like a larger screen the 5s is so smooth (at least to me, it's just fast) its surprising. The Note 3 is so versatile its just a great all-in-one device. I recommend enjoying both platforms unless that's just not in your nature. The LG G Pad 8.3 I replaced my Note 3 with is a stellar device...and is going to give my iPad Air some serious competition for attention.
    Live long and prosper.

If you use Netflix and have an HDTV be sure to buy a Chromecast. It's pretty great when used in conjunction with your phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

I have a Note 3 & 7 inch tablet & a 10.1 inch tab. The only thing different with all of them is the screen size. I can do everything on my S3 when I had it that I could do on my PC. The Note will do the same thing, I never have a problem with full web sites on any of the newer phones I've had from my last phone which was the S3. Screen size has been the only thing I have noticed a difference.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

I have a 17" laptop, Note 10.1, Note 8 and Note 3. Each has its use in my routine. The 10.1 is used about 15 hours a week, the 8 at about 17. I prefer the 8 over the 10.1. The laptop about 6 hours.

Via my Note 3
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger#IM View Post
    I have a 17" laptop, Note 10.1, Note 8 and Note 3. Each has its use in my routine. The 10.1 is used about 15 hours a week, the 8 at about 17. I prefer the 8 over the 10.1. The laptop about 6 hours.

Via my Note 3
    That's a lot of Notes you got there.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Tablet will last much much longer, doing the same tasks, than a Note 3. That and screen size are the only advantages in my opinion.

I came from the iPhone, so one big reason for the change was to get a larger scren.

I already had the Kindle Fire HD 7". I love it for watching shows or movies after the wife goes to bed. It is also great for traveling. I sometimes wish I had the larger size now, but it is great for one person or sharing on a flight. I love the note 3, and it is so handy to have. Taking notes, and just the general functionality of the phone. It has more to offer to me than an iPhone. I think tablets are great, but have always enjoyed having a real desktop at home. I do some photo editing, and working for home when I am sick, it is just easier for me to have a fixed office. It helps me to focus and get things done.

I am considering the newest Samsung 10.1, but don't know when I will pull that trigger. I will use it to replace the laptop that I carry to a few conferences a year. Not to say the phone can't, I just would rather have the larger size. I personally won't be getting rid of anything, just because I got the phone. I think everything has its place.

The Kindle is great and very affordable. I can load my magazines, or some shows on it before a trip, and its so light, its great. While its packed in the carryon, I have the phone for my details of the trip, or to keep me busy in security or at the gate. While I would use a real tablet for notes or work type activities personally.

Lastly, in your talking about Netflix, Prime, Hulu +, ect. I personally have both Netflix, and Amazon Prime. I find that I use both enough to make it worth my money. I like to watch TV shows, and now that they are creating their own also, I use both. I enjoy having the ability to rent newer movies through Prime, and I watched Under the Dome, and plan on watching at least their new show Alpha Dogs, and will try Beta Testers. Netflix as such a large library of shows and movies, from Walking Dead and Breaking Bad, to their new shows Hemlock Grove, and House of Cards. And the free shipping on Amazon, makes it easy to cover. When you think the cost broken down is really only about 6.50 a month.
    Last edited by AuburnGrad; 11-11-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronDeVante View Post
    That's a lot of Notes you got there.

Posted via Android Central App
    All 3 are used for note taking with Lecture Notes, the Note 8 sees the heaviest use due to its size.

Via my Note 3
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12