Select input icon and text message avatars

tanasaprano

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Is there an easy way to hide these two things, both of which I personally find annoying?

The input icon in the pull down/notification bar pops up every time I open up my keyboard. It is harmless nut also pointlessly flying in the face of my fastidious nature. Why would I want to select a new input for each instance I text message someone?

The default image/picture/avatar in the text messaging display is really weak. I don't really want any images there or pictures associated with my contacts in general. Is there a way to just have the speech bubbles? I think I have a firm handle on the core concept: Right side, my outbound messages. Left side, messages received.

Attached: Heavily redacted screen grab identifying the two elements I would like to remove, if possible. Red for the input icon, yellow the text/contact avatar.

Attachments

• InputAvatarImage.jpg
    InputAvatarImage.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 19

adelcastillo78

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Is there an easy way to hide these two things, both of which I personally find annoying?

The input icon in the pull down/notification bar pops up every time I open up my keyboard. It is harmless nut also pointlessly flying in the face of my fastidious nature. Why would I want to select a new input for each instance I text message someone?

The default image/picture/avatar in the text messaging display is really weak. I don't really want any images there or pictures associated with my contacts in general. Is there a way to just have the speech bubbles? I think I have a firm handle on the core concept: Right side, my outbound messages. Left side, messages received.

Attached: Heavily redacted screen grab identifying the two elements I would like to remove, if possible. Red for the input icon, yellow the text/contact avatar.

I believe you are stuck with both. The keyboard icon on the notification bar is something that came in with Jelly Bean. You can't get rid of it. The other issue. It can't be done in the stock messenger app. Research if a third party SMS app gives you similar options to what you want

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ugo