Using Google Now instead of S voice

Tysonsaurus

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to use Google now or voice search instead of s voice with the Bluetooth in my vehicle? I have s voice turned off (not disabled) and when I go to use the voice control in my vehicle it starts up the s voice app. I've never used the s voice app before but would rather use Google now.

Posted via Android Central App

emiinn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to use Google now or voice search instead of s voice with the Bluetooth in my vehicle? I have s voice turned off (not disabled) and when I go to use the voice control in my vehicle it starts up the s voice app. I've never used the s voice app before but would rather use Google now.

I think it's able to replace I made 2 threads to ask this but never received an answer...

Tysonsaurus

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I've read to disable s voice and google now should replace it. I'll give that a shot and see what happens.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
That should work it did for me. Go to manage apps and disable s voice then you should be able to use google now instead.

Rockin my Note 3

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I made a post about this the other day. I know that disabling s voice will cause Google to replace it when I long press the play button on my headphones. I assumed it would work for bluetooth as well

emiinn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I deleted s voice and downloaded Google now
Which is Google search I assume.. Because I can't find anything else.. But Google now commands don't work for me. It searches only on Google.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I use S voice more often than Google Now. That's just me. I like that you can use S voice from the lock screen. Google Now does not work like that for me.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

emiinn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
My Google now commands still don't work. On Google play it says Google now is available for Android 4.1 jelly bean. Is that the reason, I can execute commands?

Tysonsaurus

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I use S voice more often than Google Now. That's just me. I like that you can use S voice from the lock screen. Google Now does not work like that for me.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

That's what I'm finding out. It reverts to the voice dialer when I use the bluetooth voice controls in my vehicle. Guess I'll give s voice a try.

cryptwind

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
If you're rooted, yes. use titanium backup to freeze the app. Then home 2 shortcut to remap the home button's double click to voice search and you're golden.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
On my phone, a long press on the home button shows "Google" as the middle button at the bottom. Task Manager is the left button and Close All is the right. Hitting Google pulls up Google Now.

S Ogre

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Install this free app to replace SVoice Google Voice Search - including after voice wake-up!!! https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=hu.viczian.deathtosvoice&token=fvEWlSFG

Just tried this. If you use any sort of security on the lock screen, it seems to still launch S Voice by default until you unlock the screen. After asking the first question it switches over to Google now. Also found that pressing the back arrow from S Voice causes Google now to launch. The effect is that you have to hit the back arrow twice to exit. Hopefully the dev can get things worked out as I'd love to be able to launch use a voice command to launch Google Now.

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I use Bluetooth Launch for Google to open while using headset. http://hackerspace.lifehacker.com/reassign-your-bluetooth-phone-button-to-open-google-n-1507391132

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Just ran across a new app for this purpose! Voice dialing wasn't working as smoothly lately so I tried this new app called "Hint2Search for Moto Hint". (Moto Hint is a new tiny headset) I use a Jawbone Era with my Note 3 and so far today it has worked really good! Only difference so far is that backing out of Google voice required pressing the home button instead of the back key. At least it works great now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non