Please help.

officialclar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. I've been looking up some reviews of galaxy note 3 and i saw this one thread where they discussed about the home button. Curious, i checked mine and to my surprise it has the same case as the others were or still experiencing. I was so frustrated. I even checked out a samsung store to try to see the difference of black and white variant of this phone. I was really shocked the moment i pressed the home button of the white note 3... it was sturdier and fixed. It was stable... didnt move a bit. Help! What should I do? Are you guys experiencing this too?

Posted via Android Central App

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
For me, until I saw the threads I really didn't notice it. When I inspected it, I did notice a little play in it more than my S3. But in the phones defence, it's double in size. I did check out two stores and both of them had a bit of play. As long as the button holds up and it doesn't become looser, I'm good.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I've never seen such a huge deal made out of a non issue. Unless the button is rattling or about to fall off, I don't see the problem.

mlsanders

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I've never seen such a huge deal made out of a non issue. Unless the button is rattling or about to fall off, I don't see the problem.

Agreed. If it didn't bother the OP until after they read a review about it then it's clearly not as big of a deal as they are making it out to be.

I read plenty of reviews of this issue before I even got mine. It was one of the first things I checked when I got it because of all the negativity around it. Turns out, the button works just fine. Does mine move? Yes. Do I care? No. Nothing to see here, everybody move on.

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Amazing how some people don't care about their hard earned money. This device is $725. Something like the button you use every time you use the device should not have any issues.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
It is not a matter or money but some people are so picky about the button being a bit crooked or raised above level etc.... if it is supposed to be a movable button (not fixed) I think is only logical that the button has a little bit of movement in it.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
My white note 3 has a home button that can sit crooked. They all do. Cheap wobbly home buttons for all note 3s! Yay Samsung! Ting tang ping.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
By they way, if someone says they have a top shelf engineered button, give it to my and I will demonstrate it's wobble.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Amazing how some people don't care about their hard earned money. This device is $725. Something like the button you use every time you use the device should not have any issues.

Correct, but this is ALWAYS the way Samsung manufacturers their devices. It is to be expected. Samsung is notorious for bad quality control on their devices, but they all operate.

Basically, I've accepted the fact that all of Samsung's devices have crappy home buttons, but they still work and I pay this much money for the performance of the phone, not just the hardware.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
By the way, I'd rather have a samsung galaxy note 3 with a crappy home button than an iPhone 5s with a solid home button.

:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

mlsanders

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site

You have a point... But you see the thing is, the button I use every time I use my device doesn't have any issues. It works, and that's all I ask of it. Should it stop working at some point in the future, then I will have a problem.

Greg Wilkins

May 18, 2013
Visit site

Exactly, but the point is that it is a non- issue, If you find any problems affecting the phone by having a wobbly home button, please, by all means, whine away, since the button moving has no affect whatsoever I believe it's time to move on! I have a bigger issue, my finger nails don't grow out evenly, some times my pinkie nail is longer than my thumb nail! And I'm pissed!

Posted via AC App via note 3

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
You have a point... But you see the thing is, the button I use every time I use my device doesn't have any issues. It works, and that's all I ask of it. Should it stop working at some point in the future, then I will have a problem.

Well hopefully if it breaks down is withing the one year warranty so you can get a replacement and if not then I hope you prepared yourself by getting insurance.

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
You guys are way to apologetic to samsung.

Its not going to keep me from buying this phone, but that does not mean I should just accept it and say, it is what it is. That lets samsung off the hook and they continue to produce sub par hardware. Samsung should be fixing the issue. Did note 2 have the issue? If not, there is no excuse for samsung. It looks to be an identical button.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
You guys are way to apologetic to samsung.

Its not going to keep me from buying this phone, but that does not mean I should just accept it and say, it is what it is. That lets samsung off the hook and they continue to produce sub par hardware. Samsung should be fixing the issue. Did note 2 have the issue? If not, there is no excuse for samsung. It looks to be an identical button.

My S3, S4, Note 2 and Note 3 all had buttons that wiggled a bit. Guess what, they all worked perfect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908