How many people moved to the Note 3 from an iPhone?

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I used nothing but iPhone for years. I have tried a few android phones, each and every time, I went back to iOS. The Moto X finally broke that cycle and now I have the Note 3 and LOVE it.
I always thought that 5" would be the MAX screen size I could handle. The Note 3 is so easy to use one handed. Screen is beautiful.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I came from BlackBerry (Z10) after being exclusively a BB user since 1999 - and having put up with their arrogance, idiocies and bugs since then. I got my Note 3 3 days ago and could not be happier. Bye Bye Blackberry forever! Not surprised their almost gone.

ughwhat

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
My first smartphone was a Blackberry Storm. Biggest POS I've ever owned. HORRIBLE. To this day I think whoever allowed that OS to reach the public should be deported.

I still have my iPad 3 too... and also don't see getting another one. I'd sell this one if I could get a fair price for it (it's a 64 gig Verizon LTE model); otherwise I'll keep it around. I chose NOT to upgrade it to iOS 7 after seeing it on my 4S... which if luck prevails, it'll be sold tomorrow.

Rob
I had a BB Storm as my first smartphone too! Haha what a piece of junk. Phone/ipad twins!

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I moved to the Note 3 from the iPhone 4. I just got my Note 3 a couple of days ago, and it's been HELL trying to get simple sync of music, videos, photos, ebooks, etc done. I've been trying with Kies, iSyncr, doubleTwist, and they all keep running into problems, and then photos would disappear off the Note 3 after I copied them from the computer to the external SD card. They showed up fine a day, then the next day they started disappearing, showing a placeholder thumbnail for the photos.

doubleTwist for some reason cannot syn photos--it does not show the option for uploading photos to the Note 3 for me. Kies does sync, but it cannot sync to the external SD card, nor can it keep the photos in the original directory/folder structure--it just dumps all the photos from various folders into the camera folder on the Note 3 and creates a big mess.

Say what you want about Apple, at least they make their products very easy to use.

I hope I get out of this "learning a new platform" hell soon. Any suggestions for painless, smooth syncing would be much appreciated.

Assuming you use iTunes for your music since you had an iPhone - you can sync your music in iTunes (to include your playlists) to Google Play Music, up to 20,000 songs for free. Once done, it will sync wirelessly to your Note 3. Your music will stream to your phone through Google or you can "pin" music to your phone for offline listening.

Pictures and video can easily be handled through Picasa. The program is free to obtain, you can import all your pictures and videos into the program on your computer. It will maintain any folder structure you currently are using for storing your images. You can then use Picasa Web Albums that will sync to your Note 3 wirelessly through your Google account. They will also show up in Google+.

As far as any new images or videos you take with the phone, Dropbox and Google+ offer auto-backup options. With these, you can transfer images taken with your phone to your computer without ever having to connect to your computer.

Of course you can drag and drop the music, videos and pictures to folders on your sd card but the above options will automatically sync whatever you do on your computer to your phone.

aegould

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I came over from an iPhone 5 running IOS 7. I made the move because I needed a device that had a larger display screen. My eyes just can't hack the 4" display of the iPhone anymore - just too small.

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
A lot of similar stories here. Had been iPhone for the last few years. I stuck with the 4S when the 5 came out and there just wasn't enough there for me to upgrade. The 5S was the last straw for me and I realized I needed to move on. Switched up to the Note 3 and have no regrets.

Posted via Android Central App

dt808

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Haha wow, same thing here. I had the iPhone 4, 4S, 5. But, I got tired of the same "apple upgrades." Which were almost nothing.. and I wanted a bigger screen.

Note 3 here I am!

pathfinder3

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I came from a 4S, jailbroken! I never had IOS7 since I relied and liked being able to tweak and theme as needed. I was on the fence between the 5S and the Note 3. Since the Verizon store had the 5S on backorder, I purchased this. The last Android device I had was the Nexus S. I used to flash that thing daily. I haven't rooted this as I see no reason to right now. I don't miss iOS or that rinky-dink screen at all. If fact, I'm amazed that I used and relied on something that sized for so long. I continue to awe by Apple owning buddies with this beast. One thing that had me in a loop was that damn iMessage / SMS fiasco. So painful :(

Sent from my VZW Samsung Note 3

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Made the switch last week from a iPhone 5 to the Note 3. I love the phone. I have had most of the iPhone and most of the top end android phones over the years. I always switched back tot he iPhone. Not anymore. The Note 3 is by far the best smartphone I have ever owned and I keep finding more stuff this thing does. Fantastic device.

Rockin my Note 3

gaol

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I got the Note 3 to bring down the number of gadgets I bring along from two--the iPhone 5 and the (2012) Nexus 7--to just one. I also had the Nexus 4 as backup, I tried it as my daily driver for a while but went back to the iPhone 5.

The Note 3 performs well as both my phone and small tablet, so I disposed of the Nexus 4 and 7, and the iPhone 5 serves as a backup phone which I keep at home, or in the bag when I bring a bag.

I don't hate iOS 7 and I still have my iPad 2 as a large tablet and my macs. it's just the size of the Note 3 right now as a combination phone and tablet makes it more practical for me. Should Apple decide to compete in the Note 3 size and space, I might switch back for my primary phone/small tablet.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Wanting the larger screen for movies And ios 7 didn't sit well with me. Reporters were saying that it was a ui overhaul but it was just a fresh coat of paint. Nothing changed with my 4s but adding a few new menus and killing my battery.

Sent from my gameboy color

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I have yet to get Kies to work. I ended up going through iTunes and fixing is messed up clause. As it had made for partial copies of my music four levels deep. Once I fixed that, I came up with a folder of the music I wanted. I copied that to my sd card on my mac mini.

For other file transfers I use Dropbox.

Rob

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014.

Han Solo 1

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I switched from my Crapple iPhone 5 to the Note 3.

I really liked iOS 7, but I didn?t like the non-jailbreak factor and I couldn?t handle the tiny screen anymore. I watch a lot of movies and shows on my phone, and it just wasn?t cutting it. Retina, please. Not even 1080p.

Note 3 is freaking awesome. I don?t even feel the need to go to my Note 10.1 for movie watching or ebook reading.

I?ll never go back.

deeanjo

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I made the move because of the screen size. I actually liked iOS7, but already had the Note 3 preordered thru Verizon. I didn't like it enough to stay in the orchard.

mkreef

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
My wife upgraded from iPhone 4S to Note 3.

She wasn't even looking for a new phone but when she saw the Note 2 in the store a couple weeks before the Note 3 came out, she was instantly sold on screen size.

Learning curve is tough because of feature overload (everything and the kitchen sink) on the Samsung, but overall she loves it.

SpringerDave

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I am new to Note 3 as well!

I had the original iPhone, 3, 3s, 4, 4s, & 5?.. 5s had me soooo mad that they did not come out with a larger screen that I made the leap to Note 3. I travel a lot and being 47 I wanted a bigger screen - simple as that! I have a macbook air, new iPad, wife has all this, both kids have iPhones. You get the point - we are entrenched with Apple. Not going to dog apple - THEY worked. But the same ole same ole became lame and navigating and texting and emails on a little screen became my breaking point.

I love my Note 3 and will not go back anytime soon. The only issue I have - I lose gps connectivity occasionally while using google maps. Even while in a good service area. This is quite annoying to say the least. As I previously stated I travel a lot and use google maps a ton. If this gets resolved I will be a happy camper :) But is still not annoying enough for me to go back to to a iPhone! I love the size of this screen!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown