starting to slow down

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So your calculation is a little off. 10mbit=1.25mbyte

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Lol okay.... No reason to split hairs as I was obviously just rounding it / dumbing it down since he thought 20Mbit was the same as 20 MB.... But I know I'm not your favorite person so no worries ;)

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Also no Gator you won't drop from 50 Mbit to 3 Mbit after speed boost... That's 300 KB/sec........... If your comcast does that you seriously need your wiring checked lol.

I subscribe to 50mMB from comcast and I get a constant speed between 64 and 65 after the initial boost where the needle goes up to 99 for a few seconds.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I subscribe to 50mMB from comcast and I get a constant speed between 64 and 65 after the initial boost where the needle goes up to 99 for a few seconds.

Yeah. Most of my friends (and me) get more than they pay for.. Hope comcast keeps it up :).

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Even if you get a Gigabit from your provider, your router can slown it all down. A quick way to check things is to connect a PC directly to your modem and bypass your router and then do a speed test and then connect your computer back up through the router and then do the same speed test.

Also it depends on what you are syncing. Having Facebook and twitter sync is one thing, but if you have it set to sync your photos and videos to Google+ that can suck down a lot of your routers bandwidth.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

This is exactly what I was trying to say in the first place.....

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Lol okay.... No reason to split hairs as I was obviously just rounding it / dumbing it down since he thought 20Mbit was the same as 20 MB.... But I know I'm not your favorite person so no worries ;)

No, I didn't think that 20Mbit was the same as 20MB. I was just using numbers as a reference. And yes I did and was using Mbit, Mbyte, and MB wrong....I'll give you that....but again...I was just using it as a reference.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
This is true. I don't use google + and forgot it can sync all that if set that way... That would definitely slow you down. Good thinking ccpop.

Now, you agree with him...which he's right. But That was my original point and what I said in post #3. That all that stuff competes for bandwidth through wireless (wifi) if synced.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Now, you agree with him...which he's right. But That was my original point and what I said in post #3. That all that stuff competes for bandwidth through wireless (wifi) if synced.

Well I was talking normal syncs.. The usual Google contacts, calendars, stuff like that doesn't take up much... But if Google + was syncing photos.. Now that plus videos could use up a good amount is all I meant.

:).

ajl

May 22, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I can honestly think of is resetting your device.

If you don't want to lose your game saves, root and back all of them up with Titanium Backup. You'll have them all there on say, an SD card when the wipe is done.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Lol no comcast? Or just slower comcast? One friend of mine is in the boonies and stuck on DSL :eek:.

I have comcrap with 25Mbps. It works most of the time but sometimes it will drop out for minutes at a time. They have been out and replaced the repeater 3 times now and the line to my house in the last couple of years. From the splitter coming into the house is fine cause once they fix the repeater, it's great for a few months.....then it starts all over again. I call and complain, they come and fix, then I get a 20 or 30 dollar credit.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Since 2 days ago my Galaxy Note 3 has really started to slow down. The browsers mostly. Like when loading when it hits 80% loaded it slows down. Simply hitting back can take up to 5 seconds for just going back to google search results. On a 20mb wifi connection. I clear my Cache Everyday. And Very rarely ill click on a app or folder on my home screen and hear the bloop but nothing happens. This all started happening when I used my T mobile hotspot for the first time 2 days ago. Hotspot is definitely off and I scanned my phone for viruses with norton. I don't want to reset my phone because I'll loose all my game saves. Any ideas guys
- Touchwiz
- No optimization (Like Moto & X8 or Apple & A7)
- No enhanced TRIM support.
- Probably won't get ART for a while either.
You'll be having these issues a lot with your device.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I have not had any slow down issues except when my router needed to be reset. I have loaded this thing down even with things like a live wall paper and this beast just keeps going with no problems!

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol