Problems restarting the phone, and home button won't close apps.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
So all of the sudden, a long press of the power button won't give me the option to restart, or turn off the phone. And now, apps stay open, and won't close with the press of the home button. The only way to close them it to double tap the home button, and swipe them closed that way. Or hit the back button until I get back to the home menu. Even when in the swipe down settings menu I can't exit without hitting the back button. This all happened after receiving a call, and getting an error message about.google.phone, or something similar has unexpectedly stopped. Any suggestions? Very strange to have all of this happening randomly. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

TheMaskedMamba

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
You restart the phone by hold the power button, not the home button.

Most apps don't completely "close" when you hit the home button. For the most part if the app is running in the background, that shouldn't affect the phone speed. Built in memory management will kill apps when necessary.

To force close apps, hold the home button and then select task manager and kill the running app that you want to close.

Hope that helps

Sent From "The Beast"

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
You restart the phone by hold the power button, not the home button.

Most apps don't completely "close" when you hit the home button. For the most part if the app is running in the background, that shouldn't affect the phone speed. Built in memory management will kill apps when necessary.

To force close apps, hold the home button and then select task manager and kill the running app that you want to close.

Hope that helps

Sent From "The Beast"

Sorry I meant power button, and not home button. When I long press the power button I am not given the option to restart, or completely turn off the phone at all. A long press of the home button will give me the option to kill apps using the task switcher. However, a simple press of the home button won't exit an app, and return to the home screen. The camera now doesn't work, and there's no way to exit any apps without using the task switcher, or hitting the back button on the bottom right, until I have returned to the home screen. My phone is basically will not function as intended. If nothing else, I will return to AT&T today, and see if they can help me out. Thanks!