1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3 freezing

A friends Note 3 keeps freezing with the message "process system isn't responding"
    He has done a couple of hard resets and it's still happening
    Any help would be appriciated

Default Re: Note 3 freezing

That's strange is doing it even through a factory reset...

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes still doing it. Samsung said to do factory reset

Mine has done that about 3 times with stocks apps, and one that has happened several times is when I try to end a call, even though I press the END button it would not end the call and the phone would not respond at all and I have to press the home button several times in order to have the phone app quit. I haven't done a factory reset and now that I just read the previous post I certainly would not do it. I don't know what is happening with this phone or the 4.3 operating system but there are all sorts errors and problems being reported in these forums.... and the worst part is that any time some one gets in touch with Samsung including me, the response is: we are not aware of any problems. They are either playing dumb or wanting to make us look dumb.

So .... I have a note 3 that is less than a week out of the box and it's driving me raving mad ! The message " Process system isn't responding" keeps appearing, and it continualy loops asking if I wish to wait or close the system. I also notice that the screen gets very warm about a third way down, wi fi disappears, and the battery drains very quickly.
    Strange thing is though, that this seems to happen after connecting a normal samsung charger that doesn't have the extra connections on, but samsung clearly state that they are perfectly ok to use instead of the cable with the extra contacts.
    The only way to get it operating properly again is to remove the battery, wait 30 seconds, re-insert, and start all over ..... until the next time it happens
    When turning on the unit for the very first time, I noticed it did several software updates. Just wondering whether rather than simply resetting the current "up to date operating software" whether it would be any use resetting it back to factory software by using the "home + vol down and power key" method? It seems very strange and considering I've had both the note1 and note 2 both operating faultlessly, that samsung's newest note has let me down so badly. Can only hope that they come up with a new replacement, and the one I currently have has a hardware fault rather than bad firmware .... otherwise there could be trouble in store for many more llike me.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    So .... I have a note 3 that is less than a week out of the box and it's driving me raving mad ! The message " Process system isn't responding" keeps appearing, and it continualy loops asking if I wish to wait or close the system. I also notice that the screen gets very warm about a third way down, wi fi disappears, and the battery drains very quickly.
    Strange thing is though, that this seems to happen after connecting a normal samsung charger that doesn't have the extra connections on, but samsung clearly state that they are perfectly ok to use instead of the cable with the extra contacts.
    The only way to get it operating properly again is to remove the battery, wait 30 seconds, re-insert, and start all over ..... until the next time it happens
    When turning on the unit for the very first time, I noticed it did several software updates. Just wondering whether rather than simply resetting the current "up to date operating software" whether it would be any use resetting it back to factory software by using the "home + vol down and power key" method? It seems very strange and considering I've had both the note1 and note 2 both operating faultlessly, that samsung's newest note has let me down so badly. Can only hope that they come up with a new replacement, and the one I currently have has a hardware fault rather than bad firmware .... otherwise there could be trouble in store for many more llike me.
    I think you may have a faulty phone, you stated that you note 3 is less than a week out of the box. You should go back and have your phone replaced. It doesn't make any sense to continue with your current note 3 when you can replace it!!!!

Posted via Verizon Galaxy Note 3

Absolutely exchange thst for a NEW not refurbished phone. The return policies are in place for people in your boat, a truly defective phone, go use it!

Note 3 <Caesars>

Quote Originally Posted by slatyford View Post
    A friends Note 3 keeps freezing with the message "process system isn't responding"
    He has done a couple of hard resets and it's still happening
    Any help would be appriciated
    There's a difference between hard reset and factor reset, I don't believe a hard reset will solve his problems. A hard reset is when the phone is on and you take the battery out for 10 minutes. He needs a factory reset, go into settings of his phone and click backup and reset and click factory data reset. He has to backup everything on phone before doing a factory reset, factory reset delete everything on your phone.

Posted via Verizon Galaxy Note 3

Got a new replacement phone this morning .... just busy re-installing everything. Too early to tell if it working without problems, but will post again to let everyone know how it goes
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    Got a new replacement phone this morning .... just busy re-installing everything. Too early to tell if it working without problems, but will post again to let everyone
    know how it goes
    Did you get your Gear yet

Hi there slatyford ..... you make me sound like a drug dealer asking if "I got the gear yet" ! Just in case big brother is monitoring this forum .... the gear is samsung's watch expect delivery early next week via royal mail

Update ..... received a replacement note 3 a week ago. Didn't get the system message quite as often as with the first one, but it still cropped up from time to time. I always happened for some strange reason after or during charging !
    I now think I have found the problem .... it wasn't a fault with any installed software ... I had installed a scandisk 64gb memory card ( yes it was a proper one not a fake!) and I had read somewhere that sometimes these could cause problems. Removed it and replaced it with a 32gb card and .... everything is now working absolutely fine ..... no system faults, no resets, and the battery lasts 10 times longer. My advice ice to anyone having "system isn't responding" message .... remove the memory card and see if it corrects itself, and if so, change it to a good quality smaller one.

Lightbulb Re: Note 3 freezing

fantom305 , Im having the same issue and i just received the phone yesterday (ordered it online). its heart trembling to see the Note 3 freeze. I was wondering if you fixed the issue? what do i do. please HELP!

Thank You.