Are there any chargers out there that support the high speed charging on the GN3

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I usually use wireless charging, but for when I travel, I would like to have something that charges at the maximum possible speed. All of the chargers I have tried seems to work at about the same speed, which seems to be about the same speed as the GN2 did.

Does anyone know of a charger that works faster?

Thanks.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a 2 amp wall charger and a 2 amp for the cat as well and they charge as fast or faster than the stock.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

TheMaskedMamba

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I had an old Samsung charger from my old Samsung 7" Tablet (Yup still have it). That pushed about 1.8A to my phone which I believe is about the same at the one that came with the N3

For the car, I bought one from Verizon, and I used a 3.0 cable plugged into the USB port and it also puts out 1.8A

Sent From "The Beast"

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
My GN3 charges at about the same speed as my GN2 used to.

I was hoping that I could find one that charges a lot faster.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My GN3 charges at about the same speed as my GN2 used to.

I was hoping that I could find one that charges a lot faster.

Not possible, assuming that your note 2 was charging correctly, it was probably charging around 1.5-1.8a. The Note 3 max supports 2a,so at most you would see a slight increase.

Using a faster charger probably won't make a difference as the system won't support it.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just to help clarify things a bit guys. The Note 3 DOES NOT SUPPORT FASTER CHARGING JUST BECAUSE IT'S USB 3.0. Sorry about the caps, but it seems to get a lot of people confused.

Yes, USB 3.0 allows for faster charging. No, it doesn't mean that the Note 3 charges faster because of it. Why? The supplied charger has an output rating of 2 Amps, which is what the Note 3 will take and what will actually dictate how fast it charges, so using any 2A charger will charge your phone at the same speed. Then why the whole USB 3 hullaballoo? That has to do with the port in your computer, NOT the phone. USB 2.0 ports can output a 500mA max, but this has increased to 900mA in USB 3 (powered USB is higher, but that's another story), so the faster charging actually depends on the computer port you're connecting your phone to. Even the cable won't matter, as you can use the USB 3 or the USB 2 cable on the supplied charger (2A) and it will charge your phone just as fast.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
No need to shout, I can hear you.

I didn't think the Note supported faster charging because of USB 3.0. I was hoping that it supported faster charging because of the fast charge mode of the Snapdragon 800.