Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Any one else get the software update from ATT?

I still have the mic button?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Any one else get the software update from ATT?

Quote Originally Posted by KevLar72 View Post
    I don't like the new keyboard ...
    The update takes the "Mic" button away.

This is a must have for me ! Instead of texting and driving- I use the Mic to speak texts .

I switched over to Swype .
    i still have the mic button on my keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by munnarg View Post
    Does it break root?
    EVERY OTA update breaks root. If you have custom recovery (I'm not sure what's available for the AT&T GN3), don't even try to install it.

It turns your phone into a T-mobile phone, which is a HUGE fix!

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    EVERY OTA update breaks root. If you have custom recovery (I'm not sure what's available for the AT&T GN3), don't even try to install it.
    I updated and kept root.

SwiftKey Flowed from my tiny Galaxy Note 3
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

I'm assuming it fixes the volume and makes it louder like the other carriers updates.

Posted via My Galaxy Note 3
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I got the update a few days ago and my phabler has been freezing at random moments. I get this message " Google+ has stopped working". I've spoken to the Samsung employees at BestBuy, where I got the phablet, and they've suggested I factory reset the phablet.

It's driving me crazy. I love the N3 but since the update I hate the N3.

Any suggestions what to do as I love the N3.

Is it necessary to do a factory reset after you update?

Correction....The update was for 4.3 as a prep. 4.4 Kik Kat will start rolling for Note 3 on January 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Musignac View Post
    I got it and I am now sure what all it does.

First, broke the Wifi connection, unable to download apps from Google Play with an strange message that I "dont have enough storage available", and I have 24 GB free plus 61GB in Ext Storage. Cleaned Cache, reboot and still the same. Called ATT Support and complaint, one of their tech support, send reset commands to optimize the imei and after rebooting again, phone works fine for the last hour.

New fixes? I don't see the Knox error anymore.

P/D: They told me that this is a prep package update for Android 4.4 Kik Kat that starts rolling out tommorow for us.

Uninstall the Samsung Note Keyboard, ANT + and ANT + Plugins apps upgrades, then disable the apps and uninstall them. Reboot. Then reinstall the apps from a computer (not from your phone, will not let you) and reboot your mobile. From google play and push them to your phone. This steps fixed my Note 3 after the OTA update for 4.3 that was having Wifi, Google Play and Bluetooth connection issues. All now is working like the first day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by renntech View Post
    I got the update a few days ago and my phabler has been freezing at random moments. I get this message " Google+ has stopped working". I've spoken to the Samsung employees at BestBuy, where I got the phablet, and they've suggested I factory reset the phablet.

Uninstall the Samsung Note Keyboard, ANT + and ANT + Plugins apps upgrades, then disable the apps and uninstall them. Reboot. Then reinstall the apps from a computer (not from your phone, will not let you) and reboot your mobile. From google play and push them to your phone. This steps fixed my Note 3 after the OTA update for 4.3 that was having Wifi, Google Play and Bluetooth connection issues. All now is working like the first day.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by renntech View Post

If it's that bad, I would do the factory reset. Just be sure everything is sync'd up and backed up. I did a factory reset to cure my battery issues, and it worked beautifully.

Rob

I got the update last week & it's running silky smooth!

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Rob.G View Post
    If it's that bad, I would do the factory reset. Just be sure everything is sync'd up and backed up. I did a factory reset to cure my battery issues, and it worked beautifully.

Rob

My note 3 on reboot always says this:

Unfrotunately, Google+has stopped.

I know this was quite a while ago but how did you get your update. I just gota note 3 att on tmobile netw and its looking for the att server not to mention no tethering hotspot

You have an AT&T Note 3 for use on T-Mobile? Doesn't the AT&T version come with locked bootloader? Thought that was why people on AT&T were buying the T-Mobile version to use on the AT&T network.

Is your N3 unlocked? Did you change the APN settings for use on T-Mobile?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12