Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Any one else get the software update from ATT?

wonder what it fixes?
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Any one else get the software update from ATT?

Quote Originally Posted by semp1 View Post
    wonder what it fixes?
    Getting it now, 27.21mb

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Any one else get the software update from ATT?

I got it - not totally sure what all it does - but the keyboard seems to be updated at least

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts

Does it break root?

Quote Originally Posted by semp1 View Post
    wonder what it fixes?
    Apparently not Knox - that was the first notification I got after it restarted

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Just received it here in Mass. Completely broke WiFi. Nexus I'm typing on and computer are fine. Concern growing into frustration. Anyone else?

Everything smooth and good for me. That knox prevention error message has been fixed for like a week too (after a previous samsung update)

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Got mine this morning too. No issues. WiFi is fine, no knox errors in a couple of weeks.

Rob

Received mine also today. Have no clue what it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by timetopaythefiddler View Post
    Received mine also today. Have no clue what it fixed.
    +1. Just got done downloading and rebooting

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Still have Knox error, also

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

I just downloaded the update. I still have the knox issue.

Speak of the devil...

Knox error has returned

Got mine from Verizon a few days ago phone is running like silk!

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Cool Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Any one else get the software update from ATT?

I got it and I am now sure what all it does.

First, broke the Wifi connection, unable to download apps from Google Play with an strange message that I "dont have enough storage available", and I have 24 GB free plus 61GB in Ext Storage. Cleaned Cache, reboot and still the same. Called ATT Support and complaint, one of their tech support, send reset commands to optimize the imei and after rebooting again, phone works fine for the last hour.

New fixes? I don't see the Knox error anymore.

P/D: They told me that this is a prep package update for Android 4.4 Kik Kat that starts rolling out tommorow for us.

I don't believe that last part.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3
    Craig
    Phone :: BB880>>BB9000>>Captivate>>Galaxy Note1>>Galaxy Note 3
    Tablet :: B&N Nook >> Xoom >> Nexus 10
    Game/Mini-PC :: Zealz G802 >> Ouya

Thats what they said. Call them.

Quote Originally Posted by mavrrick View Post
    I don't believe that last part.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3
    BKlip likes this.

Well that would be nice.

Jimmy Musignac likes this.

Another update on Knox -

After restarting phone later this evening (after update installed this afternoon) knox prevention error is gone again. Hopefully gone for good!

So if you've gotten the update, try rebooting (if you haven't already)

Jimmy Musignac likes this.

I'm not entirely sure what the Knox issue is. My phone is not rooted yet, if that matters.

I received the update today around 4PM. Pre-update, My Magazine - Here and Now would CONSTANTLY Force Close causing my system to freeze for 10+ seconds. The only reason I even enabled it was to turn off the "Press Home Button to Bring Up" thing. Literally everytime I used my phone, the force close would occur.

Since the update, it hasn't happened once. I'm REALLY hoping this update fixed that otherwise I'm selling my phone and just getting the Moto X or Nexus 5.

Edit: I forgot how to grammar.

Hey guys I have att note 3 but I unlocked it and running on tmobile network and I still have att software updater app in the phone so I m wondering if I'm still able to get updates from their servers thanks

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts

I was able to keep root after the update by using the instructions . Worked pretty easily actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Musignac View Post
    Thats what they said. Call them.
    Well I am just saying from experience. It would be a miracle if this is really prep for 4.4 to be released today. If they are dropping 4.4 today as you say I would have 4.4 on my Note 3 before I and many others get it on our nexus devices. I just don't see that happening.
    Craig
    Phone :: BB880>>BB9000>>Captivate>>Galaxy Note1>>Galaxy Note 3
    Tablet :: B&N Nook >> Xoom >> Nexus 10
    Game/Mini-PC :: Zealz G802 >> Ouya

Did the update last night. Got the knox error after my N3 did the reboot. I've had success clearing the cache and memory on it, and not seeing it return after that.

I don't like the new keyboard ...
    The update takes the "Mic" button away.

This is a must have for me ! Instead of texting and driving- I use the Mic to speak texts .

I switched over to Swype .
    Known to some as Euphorian

QBKing77.com "Your tech simplified"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast