Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lucky000001
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

Default Corrupted SD Card Recovery?

Sadly my micro SD card failed on me this morning. It's saying file format unrecognized... and that I need to format it. I heard there are ways to recover your data from your SD card. What is the best method to use?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

Default Re: Corrupted SD Card Recovery?

Bump

Jan 2014 = TRY REBOOTING PHONE MULTIPLE TIMES.. TRY RE-INSERTING SD CARD . WORKED FOR ME..

had corrupted sd card, phone says to try re format ,warning that it would erase sd card..! .
    I did not do this.. *****
    I just re-booted phone several times, re-inserted sd card... and sd card was accessed ok with no errors. !.. Lucky , I guess.
    My SD and int storage was maxed at the time , had issues taking pics, videos.

I have since transferred photos from sd to computer, int storage to sd card and to computer.. later to thumb drives.

Int storage to sd card using move command takes awhile , not sure half hour or more.
    JlWright likes this.

1). Do not format or overwrite this memory card in case of data loss.
    2). Insert this memory card to a computer and check whether all your stored files could be restored. In order to do that, you should select some reliable data recovery tool to help you out, like Recuva, 4Card Recovery, EaseUS Data Recovery and more.
    No matter which one you choose to use, always act carefully and scan your card more times to get much more original data back.
    Just search over the internet to select a right one.
    3). Save and back up all restored files on another drive or card in case of data recovery failure.
    Note: Never forget to save all important data on different drives or locations again in the future.
    I hope my words can work for you.