Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By marleybigmar
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Set default calendar for S-Voice

Anyone know if it's possible to set the default account that S Voice uses when saving calendar appointments or tasks? It seems that by default it uses your My Calendar and My Tasks and I'd prefer that it use my corporate Exchange account instead.

I looked in the S Voice options but didn't see a way to change it so I'm guessing there is not but figured I'd ask.

Thanks.

Default Re: Set default calendar for S-Voice

Well, rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd resurrect this unanswered one I found in a search. This is pretty much my question too, but with a twist:
    I have two separate gmail accounts. One is my personal calendar, and one is a business Google Apps gmail calendar for my second job. For that job, I have one day a week of appointments that go in there.
    So whenever I use S Voice to add a calendar appointment, it defaults to my job gmail account and I have to then change it manually which defeats the purpose of dictating it. And of course, when I go to add appointments manually, that work calendar is the default one and I have to change it to my personal calendar. My personal gmail address is the address my Note 3 is registered with hence it is the primary account, so why does a secondary gmail take precedence?
    I haven't been able to figure out how to change that. Thanks to anyone who has ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by convert View Post
    Well, rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd resurrect this unanswered one I found in a search. This is pretty much my question too, but with a twist:
    I have two separate gmail accounts. One is my personal calendar, and one is a business Google Apps gmail calendar for my second job. For that job, I have one day a week of appointments that go in there.
    So whenever I use S Voice to add a calendar appointment, it defaults to my job gmail account and I have to then change it manually which defeats the purpose of dictating it. And of course, when I go to add appointments manually, that work calendar is the default one and I have to change it to my personal calendar. My personal gmail address is the address my Note 3 is registered with hence it is the primary account, so why does a secondary gmail take precedence?
    I haven't been able to figure out how to change that. Thanks to anyone who has ideas.

I've been looking for an answer to this for a while now too. I just found a fix. Go to calendar, setting, calendars, uncheck all of the calendar EXCEPT for the one you want as the default.
    Then go to your phone's settings, applications, s voice, clear data, exit settings. Open the s voice application, hit NEXT through the tutorial and viola!
    I was able to re-check all my other calendars except for freeconference calendar which kept taking control of the default. No biggie. Man I'm happy! Try it out
    Thanked by:
    jrsharp70 likes this.

Thanks for the advice. It doesn't work for me, I just chooses alphabetically which calendar is first in line, even after these steps. But it was a nice try.