Samsung in bestbuy question

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Someone told me the the samsung area in best buy is "like an apple store"
If something goes wrong with my Note 3 that I could take it there for service / replacements / warranty issues etc.
Any truth to this?
I can't really find any info on best buy site

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have one of those samsung BB stores.

And no, you can't take your phone/device there for service/replacement/warranty.

it's basically just a big Samsung kiosk.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Note 3 at Best Buy. I bought protection for it too (cancelled the Verizon protection plan) but he said I can go to any Best Buy if I have problems. I'm guessing he was talking about Geek Squad, not the Samsung Experience area.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I bought my Note 3 at Best Buy. I bought protection for it too (cancelled the Verizon protection plan) but he said I can go to any Best Buy if I have problems. I'm guessing he was talking about Geek Squad, not the Samsung Experience area.

Correct geek squad

Rockin my Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

How much do you pay a month? What is the deductible?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

thebear

May 31, 2011
Visit site
How much do you pay a month? What is the deductible?

I paid $200 for a 2 yr plan at best buy until I found out that the deductible was raised to $150. At which point I went back in and canceled. I think the monthly fee is $10 if you don't pay it all up front.

I then checked with my home owners insurance because of what someone said in this forum. I found out that my insurance actually covers my phone with no deductible. Wow I would not have guessed that. So check it out its worth a shot.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I paid $200 for a 2 yr plan at best buy until I found out that the deductible was raised to $150. At which point I went back in and canceled. I think the monthly fee is $10 if you don't pay it all up front.

Yeah I'm paying $10 a month.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I then checked with my home owners insurance because of what someone said in this forum. I found out that my insurance actually covers my phone with no deductible. Wow I would not have guessed that. So check it out its worth a shot.

I'm not a home owner, but I should see if my renters insurance covers my phone. Probably won't. But we'll see.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

If you file a claim, does it count as a claim against the house?

thebear

May 31, 2011
Visit site
If you file a claim, does it count as a claim against the house?

That's a good question. I don't know how it will affect my premiums if I make a claim. I will check it out.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That's a good question. I don't know how it will affect my premiums if I make a claim. I will check it out.

That's the big thing. My parents made a claim years back and their premium for the next few years went up about 50%. It is one thing for house damage, but if you are getting $700 worth and your insurance goes up a few hundred a year for a few years , then it isn't worth it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC