• 1 Post By Dronak
  • 1 Post By J HighNote
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOPK 24 w/ GLaDOS

Default S-Pen Tips

I know the Note comes with a few S-Pen replacement tips. How are often are we supposed to change them out?? Whenever the tip needs worn down?? Shows visible wear and tear?? I use my S-Pen quite a bit, but it doesn't look like I need to put a new tip in it.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

Default Re: S-Pen Tips

It comes with more. I never saw that in the box. Time to check

Rockin my Note 3

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts

I don't know. I haven't found any specific guidance on this topic. I guess what I'd do is wait until the S Pen doesn't seem to be functioning as well as it used to, and then try changing the tip.
    mrwallyy likes this.

They are in a bag. They look like little white pegs with a metal ring with ends that will pinch the tip to pull it out. To put one in, you just put it in place and push down.Put them in a safe place where you will be able to find them months from now. I called about replacing mine on my 10.1 and they ran close to thirty dollars. You can almost buy a new S-pen for that price!
    Thanked by:
    GeekNews likes this.

Thanks I found them in my box. How ofter do they need to be replaced or how do you know when to replace the tips.

Rockin my Note 3

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by J HighNote View Post
    They are in a bag. They look like little white pegs... You can almost buy a new S-pen for that [replacement] price!
    But if you have a black Note 3, they'll look like little black pegs. And you're right about replacements -- it looks like Samsung sells the Note 3 S Pen for about $30, which is kind of expensive if it's just the tip that needs replacing. So it is a good idea to keep the tips around and somewhere safe, so that you'll have them to use if you need them.

There really isn't a given amount of time. General rule of thumb is if the tip feels like it might be dragging a bit more (or less) than usual, seems un-responsive or looks damaged then you should probably swap it.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOPK 24 w/ GLaDOS

Quote Originally Posted by GeekNews View Post
    There really isn't a given amount of time. General rule of thumb is if the tip feels like it might be dragging a bit more (or less) than usual, seems un-responsive or looks damaged then you should probably swap it.
    That's what I thought. It feels like it's dragging a little bit, but could just be my imagination. I'm keeping the extra tips in the box the phone came in.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3