Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Suggest me a good phone!!

Hi, I am totally confused between Note 3 and Xperia Z1 , which one shall I buy?? Here are some things I have figured out

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Pros
    S Pen
    Multi Tasking
    3GB Ram
    And tons of features

Cons
    Worst and laggy UI
    No good looks
    Media Player Sucks

My Problem : Bad UI

Sony Xperia Z1

Pros
    Sexy and fast UI
    Premium Design
    Waterproof and Dustproof
    Scratch Resistant Glass
    And display technologies by sony

Cons
    TOO BIG for a small 5 inch screen
    Slow Updates
    Lack in features like Note 3

My Problem : Big Size for a 5inch screen

So Please suggest me which one shall I get!

With Best Regards
    Jyoti Ranjan

Default Re: Suggest me a good phone!!

Nexus 5

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 2:
    StaticVoidz likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by biggerfasterstronger24 View Post
    Nexus 5

Not available in India right now, and I am planning to buy any one of this two only

Quote Originally Posted by Jyoti Sahoo View Post
    Not available in India right now, and I am planning to buy any one of this two only
    My note 3 isn't laggy at all FYI. I love the look of it too. And you will probably just have it in a case anyway so just get a nice case

Thanked by:
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,411 Global Posts

Buy a BlackBerry
    Thanked by:
    blitz118 and erekshun like this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by FBA View Post
    Buy a BlackBerry
    I am planning to buy any one of this two only

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWiz/ ParanoidAndroid

Your issues with the note 3 can be fixed with apps. You don't like the media player... get a different one. Don't like the UI. Get a different launcher and force stop Touchwiz. Problems solved.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    emiinn and SalixIncendium like this.

Global Posts
    733 Global Posts

I'm not sure I get "worst and laggy UI" -I have no problems with touch whiz. "No good looks" -this gets me too. Like the phone doesn't look good? I personally think it looks great. Both of these are very subjective....

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by kj11 View Post
    I'm not sure I get "worst and laggy UI" -I have no problems with touch whiz. "No good looks" -this gets me too. Like the phone doesn't look good? I personally think it looks great. Both of these are very subjective....

I wouldn't waste my time trying to convince him. Let him go get a blackberry.
    Thanked by:

Buy a BlackBerry
    +1
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by blitz118 View Post
    I wouldn't waste my time trying to convince him. Let him go get a blackberry.
    I can only buy anyone out of this two, either note 3 or z1
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by kj11 View Post

But z1 has such a clean UI while note 3 is more thick type, but not2 3 has good ram and processor to manage it, but the only problem is media players

Buy a BlackBerry
    yeah buy a blackberry, right after u jump in a time machine and travel back in time to 2007.
    Thanked by:
    Jyoti Sahoo likes this.

I came from HTC, with the UI being one of the things that made me think twice. Now that I've had it for a while, I haven't looked back. Plus, I started using Nova Launcher and it is SMOOTH. I don't know anything about the Xperia, so I will say Note 3
    HTC Hero > HTC Evo > HTC Evo 3D > Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by:

Buy the Note 3 and flash a stock android ROM

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I can only buy anyone out of this two, either note 3 or z1
    Out of the two go with the Note 3. The S-Pen makes it more versatile. Too bad a G2 isnt on the menu, they're quite tasty.

Nexuscillin V
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by:

Hi, I am totally confused between Note 3 and Xperia Z1 , which one shall I buy?? Here are some things I have figured out

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Pros
    S Pen
    Multi Tasking
    3GB Ram
    And tons of features

Cons
    Worst and laggy UI
    No good looks
    Media Player Sucks

My Problem : Bad UI

Sony Xperia Z1

Pros
    Sexy and fast UI
    Premium Design
    Waterproof and Dustproof
    Scratch Resistant Glass
    And display technologies by sony

Cons
    TOO BIG for a small 5 inch screen
    Slow Updates
    Lack in features like Note 3

My Problem : Big Size for a 5inch screen

So Please suggest me which one shall I get!

With Best Regards
    Jyoti Ranjan
    To be honest, all your cons for the Note 3 can be rectified with third party apps.

- I'm not a fan of Touchwiz either so I have Nova Prime launcher on my phone. It works flawlessly and I highly recommend it for adding extra functionality to the device without taking anything away.
    - I use Poweramp as a media player and it's a great app; very powerful.
    - The looks I think are subjective. I think it looks great in comparison to any other Samsung phone. I preer the looks of my iPhone and HTC One over this phone but the Galaxy is still a beautiful looking device.

Your cons for the Sony are much harder to rectify, in my opinion. If you think the phone is too big for a 5 inch screen, there's not a lot you can do about that. In my opinion, slow updates are less of a problem unless you need the update to rectify a problem, then they become a major issue. The lack of features can be alleviated by judicious use of third party apps. Not all functions can be replicated but certainly some can.

Taking your cons for both devices into consideration, all the Samsung ones can be sorted out easily, your Sony ones are mostly out of your control. Using that methodology, the Note 3 is the clear winner here. Go get it!
    Thanked by:
    Haalcyon and Jyoti Sahoo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Highrisedrifter View Post
    To be honest, all your cons for the Note 3 can be rectified with third party apps.

- I'm not a fan of Touchwiz either so I have Nova Prime launcher on my phone. It works flawlessly and I highly recommend it for adding extra functionality to the device without taking anything away.
    - The looks I think are subjective. I think it looks great in comparison to any other Samsung phone. I preer the looks of my iPhone and HTC One over this phone but the Galaxy is still a beautiful looking device.

Your cons for the Sony are much harder to rectify, in my opinion. If you think the phone is too big for a 5 inch screen, there's not a lot you can do about that. In my opinion, slow updates are less of a problem unless you need the update to rectify a problem, then they become a major issue. The lack of features can be alleviated by judicious use of third party apps. Not all functions can be replicated but certainly some can.

Taking your cons for both devices into consideration, all the Samsung ones can be sorted out easily, your Sony ones are mostly out of your control. Using that methodology, the Note 3 is the clear winner here. Go get it!
    Good way to explain it.

Rockin my Note 3
    Thanked by:

I vote Note 3. It's not laggy and it's bezels are thin compared to the Z1.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    Jyoti Sahoo likes this.

I use the lightning launcher and power amp. The stock browser worked fine and was not laggy, but lightning just allows for so much more custimization and it has low overhead!

Quote Originally Posted by Fatasaurus View Post
    Your issues with the note 3 can be fixed with apps. You don't like the media player... get a different one. Don't like the UI. Get a different launcher and force stop Touchwiz. Problems solved.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Great tip about the force stop. I had no idea that you can do that with touchwiz launcher. However, I am wondering, any negative side effect by doing this? Will touchwiz reactive or does it stay closed until I restart my phone? Can someone chime in. I've been using the go launcher and love it. Thanks for the advice guys. Sorry about hijacking this thread.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by Highrisedrifter View Post

Loved your explanation!! But I just came to know that they give exynos octa core processor with 1.9 and 1.3 ghz clock speed in india, while z1 gives snapdragon at 2.2ghz but still Note 3 is top ranked right now in my mind, so please advise me what to do now? I think I should go with Note 3 (as UI can be solved easily) but z1 doesn't has s pen and all but snapdragon 800 clocked at 2.2 Please help me

With Best Regards
    Jyoti Ranjan
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,411 Global Posts

Since it's been hijacked already, I can offer you a tip to close apps and make them non-active, even if they're still loaded in memory. The advantage is that they won't eat battery at all and it takes no additional keystrokes.

Go to: Settings>> General>>about device - and tap "build number" 7 times until you get developer mode activated. Then, back out to General>>developer options - and scroll down to "Do not keep activities. Check the box to ON.

What this does is kill the app once you hit the home button or back out of the app. It will show up in the task list and in memory, but it's no longer active. It's almost the same as having them active as it speeds up loading time, but since it's technically not active, it has no impact on battery.
    Thanked by:

Would be great; however, I am using GO Launcher, which requires you to leave that option off. Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I like the ui of the Note 3, it may not be the best looking, but it is most functional. It allows quick toggling of many settings, and provides your a file manager, and many options to not be used by Google.

Even Google is leaning from Samsung by removing the black background in app grid screen in kitkat.

I couldn't care less about the system upgrade at this time. From the reviews, kit kat contains little meaningful upgrade for me, while bundles a herd of things designed to tie users to Google services, which already collect everybody's information. I can live without that.

@T-Mobile GN3
    3200->Centro-->Pre-->Pre2-->HOX/N4-->GN3/ZTE OPEN C
    Palm T|X-->Transformer-->Galaxy Tab 7.7-->iconia w510/GTS 8.4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast