Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Default Re: OtterBox for Note 3 size

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Lietz View Post
    Just go with the spigen slim armor. It protects everything. Lip to recess the screen, recess the camera from scratches, responsive buttons and hybrid material for style and function. Perfect cut out for charger, mic, and headphones. I love it. I dropped it twice and its fine. Amazon.com: Spigen Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Case Protective [Slim Armor] [Infinity White] Dual Layer Protective Case for Galaxy Note III - Infinity White (SGP10459): Cell Phones & Accessories
    That's what I'm using now and I actually like it. Drop that sucker though from 4 feet up and it seems that while it would take the brunt, it won't save the phone from all damage.
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6

Quote Originally Posted by kj11 View Post
    Nailed it

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    I'm good like that.
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6
    kj11 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    That's what I'm using now and I actually like it. Drop that sucker though from 4 feet up and it seems that while it would take the brunt, it won't save the phone from all damage.
    Neither will the otterbox. There's still the screen that can break. I just didn't like that other guy. Its like he has the case and a non broken phone yet he instantly shoots down a well made case. Seems like in my opinion the best defense the slim armor view because it protects every inch of the phone but its not released yet

Neither will the otterbox. There's still the screen that can break. I just didn't like that other guy. Its like he has the case and a non broken phone yet he instantly shoots down a well made case. Seems like in my opinion the best defense the slim armor view because it protects every inch of the phone but its not released yet
    I getcha. I've always had Defenders on every phone I own and the note 3 will be no different. I'll eventually get it but in the meantime I'll enjoy my Spigen!

Ive had my defender for about a week now and absolutely love it. It gives my added protection that I need and having the holster sealed the deal. It really doesnt add much bulk at all and is actually less bulky than the one I had on my N2. I am using this case exclusively now to the point where I am selling my s-case and TPU.....I like it that much.

Posted via Android Central App
    Anything that bleeds for a week and lives is pure evil

Masshole!!!!
    CMYMUD likes this.
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,444 Global Posts

I have the Spigen Neo Hybrid and the UAG. The UAG is a great case and it's tough to boot, but Otterbox just can't be beat for pure protection. Only thing is, I can't stand the bulk of the Defender, which is why I went with the UAG. It's a good compromise IMO, also a slicker looking case than the Otterbox.

Got my otterbox defender today, for comparison, the naked phone, and the spigen slim armour
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OtterBox for Note 3 size-untitled-6.jpg   OtterBox for Note 3 size-untitled-7.jpg   OtterBox for Note 3 size-untitled-10.jpg  
    Thanked by 2:
    F350-6kj11 

I dropped mine today from my coat pocket and it survived..with spigen case..cant wait for my Otter case..

The Defender case is a very nice case indeed. I enjoy it. I tried the UAG for my old iPhone and while it was nice I didn't like how the corners stick up a little higher and it felt slippery. But it is a nice case I can see why so many people like it. For me and my needs now I can use the protection of the Defender.

Rockin my Note 3

Global Posts
    759 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by icnmayhem View Post
    Got my otterbox defender today, for comparison, the naked phone, and the spigen slim armour
    Too big for an already big phone for my taste, but to each his own

Quote Originally Posted by kj11 View Post
    Too big for an already big phone for my taste, but to each his own

this is just subjective, but it feels like it basically doubles the weight and thickness. as you said, to each his own, personally thats what i was looking for, no phone is safe with me.

Question Re: OtterBox for Note 3 size

Would you be able to measure out the dimensions of the opening for the Micro USB 3.0 port? I want to make sure my charging cable fits. I'd really appreciate the help!

I have the otter box commuter case and to be honest...I hate it! It's too bulky and adds significant weight. The flaps that cover the charging port and headphone jack are annoying. Although I can't compare it to the note 2 otter box case, I can say that I wouldn't recommend the n3 otter box case. I do like the slim look of the spigen slim armour and I hope when I get it, it's slimmer and lighter feeling than the otter box. My two cents!

Just go with the spigen slim armor. It protects everything. Lip to recess the screen, recess the camera from scratches, responsive buttons and hybrid material for style and function. Perfect cut out for charger, mic, and headphones. I love it. I dropped it twice and its fine. Amazon.com: Spigen Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Case Protective [Slim Armor] [Infinity White] Dual Layer Protective Case for Galaxy Note III - Infinity White (SGP10459): Cell Phones & Accessories
    I noticed that the spigen slim armour is shiney on the back cover...is this prone to scratches? I've had shiney covers on some of my previous cases and they were prone to scratches. If it's scratch resistent, this may be may next case...however if it can be scratched easily, then I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG21979 View Post
    I noticed that the spigen slim armour is shiney on the back cover...is this prone to scratches? I've had shiney covers on some of my previous cases and they were prone to scratches. If it's scratch resistent, this may be may next case...however if it can be scratched easily, then I'll pass.
    3 drops no scratches. Slim armor view just came up for discounted pre order

Just got the defender and I love it. It's my first otter box product.

I love my Otterbox commuter. I use tempered screen protector with it. Doesn't ruin the way the screen looks like the defender does

I always remove the screen protector from my defenders and use a normal protector.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12