OtterBox for Note 3 size

jerry12

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The OtterBox Defender case for the Note 3 is its about same size as the Note 2 case ? I read some where that the case was not as bulkily as the Note 2 Defender case . I know it would be a little taller but other wise how would it Be ?:-\

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It prolly isn't. The Note 3 is a little less bulky than the Note 2. I noticed this in another set of cases I have for both the Note 3 and Note 2. The Note 3's is noticeably slimmer.

jerry12

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
It prolly isn't. The Note 3 is a little less bulky than the Note 2. I noticed this in another set of cases I have for both the Note 3 and Note 2. The Note 3's is noticeably slimmer.

Thanks. I am thinking about a Otterbox
For my Note 3.
Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Dharma Jairam

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I had one for my iPhone. I hated it. It adds way to much bulk to the phone and it extends so far out beyond the screen that it was hard to text. At first I liked the looks of it but then I started hating the looks too. Just to thick and bulky. Plus, actually wearing the phone with the belt clip is viewed as lame.

Posted via Android Central App

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I had one for my iPhone. I hated it. It adds way to much bulk to the phone and it extends so far out beyond the screen that it was hard to text. At first I liked the looks of it but then I started hating the looks too. Just to thick and bulky. Plus, actually wearing the phone with the belt clip is viewed as lame.

+1,000

jwlove368

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I just got my otterbox today and choose to get the commuter instead. The defender wasn't too bulky I just didn't like the built in screen protector it comes with.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

"Plus, actually wearing the phone with the belt clip is viewed as lame."

By whom? Just about everyone I know wears their phone on a belt clip such as in an Otterbox Defender. The ones who think it's "lame" are either jealous or iPhone users.

Thanks for listening....er...reading.

fallenangel808

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I just got my otterbox today and choose to get the commuter instead. The defender wasn't too bulky I just didn't like the built in screen protector it comes with.

Just an FYI(maybe you already knew but just in case you didn't) you can remove the built in screen protector and it's easy to remove the glue residue that might get left behind w/ a DIY combination of oil and baking soda. It just gives the added protection of still being able to use the defender like the commuter case w/o having that screen protector.

icnmayhem

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Just an FYI(maybe you already knew but just in case you didn't) you can remove the built in screen protector and it's easy to remove the glue residue that might get left behind w/ a DIY combination of oil and baking soda. It just gives the added protection of still being able to use the defender like the commuter case w/o having that screen protector.

i called otterbox, but the rep sucked. is the defender, minus the screen protector and belt clip, still more protective than the commuter? they said that was the only difference, and i havent seen the two of them in a store to compare.

fallenangel808

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
i called otterbox, but the rep sucked. is the defender, minus the screen protector and belt clip, still more protective than the commuter? they said that was the only difference, and i havent seen the two of them in a store to compare.

The rep is correct but he or she forgot to also point out that the reason the defender is slightly bigger than the commuter is that the defender has a hard plastic shell surrounded by the rubber casing so in a way you get 2 cases. The commuter is opposite. It's the rubber casing and then the hard plastic part. But the hard plastic part doesn't completely wrap around the rubber part so the defender has a little more protection in areas that the commuter's plastic part isn't covering. And the bottom button is also covered on the defender. If you have a crazy dog like mine who likes to jump on the couch and has a thing for "shiny" things then defender might be better lol. You can't go wrong w/ either cases though. I just choose to use mine w/o the attached screen protector since I am already using a screen protector from iLoome.

As a added bonus w/ the belt clip, you could use it as a stand to watch your videos or when looking up recipes while cooking w/o having to always hold your phone.

fallenangel808

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
ugaveqa3.jpg
netubu7y.jpg
8e4apyre.jpg

Sorry, the lighting in my computer room isn't the best but hopefully the side by side pics will help give you an idea

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dcooper830

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the Defender for my N3 and it's not as bulky as the one for the N2.

In fact, it's very slim and comfortable. I absolutely LOVE it!! I won't have any other case on my phone!

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
"Plus, actually wearing the phone with the belt clip is viewed as lame."

By whom? Just about everyone I know wears their phone on a belt clip such as in an Otterbox Defender. The ones who think it's "lame" are either jealous or iPhone users.

Thanks for listening....er...reading.

I think it's lame and I'm neither jealous nor an iPhone user....

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Last time I did this I used a combination of rubbing alcohol and WD-40. It took forever!!!! Please explain the "oil & baking soda" trick. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante