OtterBox for Note 3 size

fallenangel808

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Last time I did this I used a combination of rubbing alcohol and WD-40. It took forever!!!! Please explain the "oil & baking soda" trick. Thanks!

Mix one part vegetable oil and equal part baking soda together and then rub it on the surface area wherever there is sticky residue. Let it sit for a few min and then rub w/ a cloth. The oil is supposed to break down the sticky residue and the baking soda is supposed to act like a scrubbing agent w/o causing scratches. I have heard coconut oil works better than vegetable oil but because I didn't have any coconut oil I had to use vegetable oil and it worked for me. They also say peanut butter alone works well. Let it sit on the area for @ least 5-10 minutes.

icnmayhem

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/18/ugaveqa3.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/18/netubu7y.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/18/8e4apyre.jpg

Sorry, the lighting in my computer room isn't the best but hopefully the side by side pics will help give you an idea

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks, it helps to see them side by side. think ill just grab the defender. i have 2 pits and a toddler. slightly more protective might be the way to go. kinda wish they'd hurry up with a non-black colour though. the white and gray looks nice.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's lame and I'm neither jealous nor an iPhone user....

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

i take it y'all dont spend much time in meetings. seems like everyone has phones in holsters, especially the blackberry users.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site

icnmayhem

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Just go with the spigen slim armor. It protects everything. Lip to recess the screen, recess the camera from scratches, responsive buttons and hybrid material for style and function. Perfect cut out for charger, mic, and headphones. I love it. I dropped it twice and its fine. Amazon.com: Spigen Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Case Protective [Slim Armor] [Infinity White] Dual Layer Protective Case for Galaxy Note III - Infinity White (SGP10459): Cell Phones & Accessories

i have that exact case, and i like it. but its style and some protection. i think the people looking at otterbox are going for protection first. i dont think anybody looks at a defender and thinks "thats the best case ive ever seen"

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
i have that exact case, and i like it. but its style and some protection. i think the people looking at otterbox are going for protection first. i dont think anybody looks at a defender and thinks "thats the best case ive ever seen"

Some protection? I don't see any vulnerable spots on this case at all. Its always reviewed extremely well and has a hard shell to take the brunt of the blow with impact absorbing rubber to absorb the remaining shock. It doesn't need to look like a brick to be well protected, it just makes people feel better

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Just go with the spigen slim armor. It protects everything. Lip to recess the screen, recess the camera from scratches, responsive buttons and hybrid material for style and function. Perfect cut out for charger, mic, and headphones. I love it. I dropped it twice and its fine. Amazon.com: Spigen Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Case Protective [Slim Armor] [Infinity White] Dual Layer Protective Case for Galaxy Note III - Infinity White (SGP10459): Cell Phones & Accessories

That's what I'm using now and I actually like it. Drop that sucker though from 4 feet up and it seems that while it would take the brunt, it won't save the phone from all damage.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
That's what I'm using now and I actually like it. Drop that sucker though from 4 feet up and it seems that while it would take the brunt, it won't save the phone from all damage.

Neither will the otterbox. There's still the screen that can break. I just didn't like that other guy. Its like he has the case and a non broken phone yet he instantly shoots down a well made case. Seems like in my opinion the best defense the slim armor view because it protects every inch of the phone but its not released yet

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Neither will the otterbox. There's still the screen that can break. I just didn't like that other guy. Its like he has the case and a non broken phone yet he instantly shoots down a well made case. Seems like in my opinion the best defense the slim armor view because it protects every inch of the phone but its not released yet

I getcha. I've always had Defenders on every phone I own and the note 3 will be no different. I'll eventually get it but in the meantime I'll enjoy my Spigen!

c1971ace

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Ive had my defender for about a week now and absolutely love it. It gives my added protection that I need and having the holster sealed the deal. It really doesnt add much bulk at all and is actually less bulky than the one I had on my N2. I am using this case exclusively now to the point where I am selling my s-case and TPU.....I like it that much.

Posted via Android Central App

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the Spigen Neo Hybrid and the UAG. The UAG is a great case and it's tough to boot, but Otterbox just can't be beat for pure protection. Only thing is, I can't stand the bulk of the Defender, which is why I went with the UAG. It's a good compromise IMO, also a slicker looking case than the Otterbox.

icnmayhem

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Got my otterbox defender today, for comparison, the naked phone, and the spigen slim armour

Attachments

• untitled-6.jpg
    untitled-6.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 61
  • untitled-7.jpg
    untitled-7.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 62
  • untitled-10.jpg
    untitled-10.jpg
    556.6 KB · Views: 61

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
The Defender case is a very nice case indeed. I enjoy it. I tried the UAG for my old iPhone and while it was nice I didn't like how the corners stick up a little higher and it felt slippery. But it is a nice case I can see why so many people like it. For me and my needs now I can use the protection of the Defender.

Rockin my Note 3

icnmayhem

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Too big for an already big phone for my taste, but to each his own

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

this is just subjective, but it feels like it basically doubles the weight and thickness. as you said, to each his own, personally thats what i was looking for, no phone is safe with me.

maxc50167

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Would you be able to measure out the dimensions of the opening for the Micro USB 3.0 port? I want to make sure my charging cable fits. I'd really appreciate the help!

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the otter box commuter case and to be honest...I hate it! It's too bulky and adds significant weight. The flaps that cover the charging port and headphone jack are annoying. Although I can't compare it to the note 2 otter box case, I can say that I wouldn't recommend the n3 otter box case. I do like the slim look of the spigen slim armour and I hope when I get it, it's slimmer and lighter feeling than the otter box. My two cents!

Last edited:

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

I noticed that the spigen slim armour is shiney on the back cover...is this prone to scratches? I've had shiney covers on some of my previous cases and they were prone to scratches. If it's scratch resistent, this may be may next case...however if it can be scratched easily, then I'll pass.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that the spigen slim armour is shiney on the back cover...is this prone to scratches? I've had shiney covers on some of my previous cases and they were prone to scratches. If it's scratch resistent, this may be may next case...however if it can be scratched easily, then I'll pass.

3 drops no scratches. Slim armor view just came up for discounted pre order

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci