Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    973 Global Posts

Question OtterBox for Note 3 size

The OtterBox Defender case for the Note 3 is its about same size as the Note 2 case ? I read some where that the case was not as bulkily as the Note 2 Defender case . I know it would be a little taller but other wise how would it Be ?

Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: OtterBox for Note 3 size

It prolly isn't. The Note 3 is a little less bulky than the Note 2. I noticed this in another set of cases I have for both the Note 3 and Note 2. The Note 3's is noticeably slimmer.
    Live long and prosper.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    973 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    It prolly isn't. The Note 3 is a little less bulky than the Note 2. I noticed this in another set of cases I have for both the Note 3 and Note 2. The Note 3's is noticeably slimmer.
    Thanks. I am thinking about a Otterbox
    For my Note 3.
    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

I had one for my iPhone. I hated it. It adds way to much bulk to the phone and it extends so far out beyond the screen that it was hard to text. At first I liked the looks of it but then I started hating the looks too. Just to thick and bulky. Plus, actually wearing the phone with the belt clip is viewed as lame.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    kj11 
    MissouriFarmer likes this.

Got mine and no issues.

Sent via my Note 8
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.
    Gator352 and Baugherb like this.

I love it for added protection it gives more than other cases. It's all I use primarily
    Gator352 likes this.

Global Posts
    756 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dharma Jairam View Post
    I had one for my iPhone. I hated it. It adds way to much bulk to the phone and it extends so far out beyond the screen that it was hard to text. At first I liked the looks of it but then I started hating the looks too. Just to thick and bulky. Plus, actually wearing the phone with the belt clip is viewed as lame.

+1,000

I just got my otterbox today and choose to get the commuter instead. The defender wasn't too bulky I just didn't like the built in screen protector it comes with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dharma Jairam View Post

"Plus, actually wearing the phone with the belt clip is viewed as lame."

By whom? Just about everyone I know wears their phone on a belt clip such as in an Otterbox Defender. The ones who think it's "lame" are either jealous or iPhone users.

Thanks for listening....er...reading.
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6

Quote Originally Posted by jwlove368 View Post
    I just got my otterbox today and choose to get the commuter instead. The defender wasn't too bulky I just didn't like the built in screen protector it comes with.
    Just an FYI(maybe you already knew but just in case you didn't) you can remove the built in screen protector and it's easy to remove the glue residue that might get left behind w/ a DIY combination of oil and baking soda. It just gives the added protection of still being able to use the defender like the commuter case w/o having that screen protector.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenangel808 View Post
    Just an FYI(maybe you already knew but just in case you didn't) you can remove the built in screen protector and it's easy to remove the glue residue that might get left behind w/ a DIY combination of oil and baking soda. It just gives the added protection of still being able to use the defender like the commuter case w/o having that screen protector.
    i called otterbox, but the rep sucked. is the defender, minus the screen protector and belt clip, still more protective than the commuter? they said that was the only difference, and i havent seen the two of them in a store to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by icnmayhem View Post
    i called otterbox, but the rep sucked. is the defender, minus the screen protector and belt clip, still more protective than the commuter? they said that was the only difference, and i havent seen the two of them in a store to compare.
    The rep is correct but he or she forgot to also point out that the reason the defender is slightly bigger than the commuter is that the defender has a hard plastic shell surrounded by the rubber casing so in a way you get 2 cases. The commuter is opposite. It's the rubber casing and then the hard plastic part. But the hard plastic part doesn't completely wrap around the rubber part so the defender has a little more protection in areas that the commuter's plastic part isn't covering. And the bottom button is also covered on the defender. If you have a crazy dog like mine who likes to jump on the couch and has a thing for "shiny" things then defender might be better lol. You can't go wrong w/ either cases though. I just choose to use mine w/o the attached screen protector since I am already using a screen protector from iLoome.

As a added bonus w/ the belt clip, you could use it as a stand to watch your videos or when looking up recipes while cooking w/o having to always hold your phone.

Sorry, the lighting in my computer room isn't the best but hopefully the side by side pics will help give you an idea

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 4:
    blanier98 likes this.

I have the Defender for my N3 and it's not as bulky as the one for the N2.

In fact, it's very slim and comfortable. I absolutely LOVE it!! I won't have any other case on my phone!
    Gator352 and Baugherb like this.

I had the Otter box on my iPhone for over a year, and I just sold it a MINT..it is worth the price
    Gator352 likes this.

Global Posts
    756 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    "Plus, actually wearing the phone with the belt clip is viewed as lame."

By whom? Just about everyone I know wears their phone on a belt clip such as in an Otterbox Defender. The ones who think it's "lame" are either jealous or iPhone users.

Thanks for listening....er...reading.
    I think it's lame and I'm neither jealous nor an iPhone user....

Quote Originally Posted by kj11 View Post

Must be special.
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6

Last time I did this I used a combination of rubbing alcohol and WD-40. It took forever!!!! Please explain the "oil & baking soda" trick. Thanks!

Global Posts
    756 Global Posts

Must be special.
    Nailed it

Love the defender. Ive had an otterbox defender for every phone ive had
    dcooper830 likes this.

Last time I did this I used a combination of rubbing alcohol and WD-40. It took forever!!!! Please explain the "oil & baking soda" trick. Thanks!
    Mix one part vegetable oil and equal part baking soda together and then rub it on the surface area wherever there is sticky residue. Let it sit for a few min and then rub w/ a cloth. The oil is supposed to break down the sticky residue and the baking soda is supposed to act like a scrubbing agent w/o causing scratches. I have heard coconut oil works better than vegetable oil but because I didn't have any coconut oil I had to use vegetable oil and it worked for me. They also say peanut butter alone works well. Let it sit on the area for @ least 5-10 minutes.
    Thanked by 2:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/18/ugaveqa3.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/18/netubu7y.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/18/8e4apyre.jpg

Sorry, the lighting in my computer room isn't the best but hopefully the side by side pics will help give you an idea

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    thanks, it helps to see them side by side. think ill just grab the defender. i have 2 pits and a toddler. slightly more protective might be the way to go. kinda wish they'd hurry up with a non-black colour though. the white and gray looks nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kj11 View Post

i take it y'all dont spend much time in meetings. seems like everyone has phones in holsters, especially the blackberry users.
    Thanked by:
    fallenangel808 likes this.

Just go with the spigen slim armor. It protects everything. Lip to recess the screen, recess the camera from scratches, responsive buttons and hybrid material for style and function. Perfect cut out for charger, mic, and headphones. I love it. I dropped it twice and its fine. Amazon.com: Spigen Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Case Protective [Slim Armor] [Infinity White] Dual Layer Protective Case for Galaxy Note III - Infinity White (SGP10459): Cell Phones & Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Lietz View Post
    Just go with the spigen slim armor. It protects everything. Lip to recess the screen, recess the camera from scratches, responsive buttons and hybrid material for style and function. Perfect cut out for charger, mic, and headphones. I love it. I dropped it twice and its fine. Amazon.com: Spigen Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Case Protective [Slim Armor] [Infinity White] Dual Layer Protective Case for Galaxy Note III - Infinity White (SGP10459): Cell Phones & Accessories
    i have that exact case, and i like it. but its style and some protection. i think the people looking at otterbox are going for protection first. i dont think anybody looks at a defender and thinks "thats the best case ive ever seen"

Quote Originally Posted by icnmayhem View Post
    i have that exact case, and i like it. but its style and some protection. i think the people looking at otterbox are going for protection first. i dont think anybody looks at a defender and thinks "thats the best case ive ever seen"
    Some protection? I don't see any vulnerable spots on this case at all. Its always reviewed extremely well and has a hard shell to take the brunt of the blow with impact absorbing rubber to absorb the remaining shock. It doesn't need to look like a brick to be well protected, it just makes people feel better
    petaf likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast