Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to add lock screen widgets - pin code locked?

I've noticed that there appears to be no way to add widgets to a lock screen secured with a pass code. Widgets can be added to the lock screen, but the phone has to be unsecured, which is unacceptable.

I found this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...w.widgetlocker

Has anyone tried this app on a Note 3? Is this my only option, without rooting the Note 3?

Thanks for any help...

Default Re: How to add lock screen widgets - pin code locked?

I tried it a few weeks ago, but I found it unstable, so I removed it. IT crashed a few times, and other times it just wouldn't appear. They may have fixed it by now. I plan on trying it again.

I've tried it and even bought the paid version. It is unstable. I predict very soon another version will be out that will make it more stable. A new version just came out for the note 3 compatibility. My instability issue was I could see the originally lock every few times I wake up the phone. But it loaded and was very customizable. I'm waiting for another update.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    Palm Treo 600/650/700P/Centro/Blackberry Curve 8330/Tour 9630/Bold 9650/HTC EVO 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SII Touch 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SIII Touch LTE!!!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I have a 2013 Nexus 7 device running Kit Kat and I have no problems adding widgets to a lock screen secured with a pin. So this issue must be Samsung related. Has anyone been able to figure out how to do this on a Note 3? Perhaps a Kit Kat update will fix this... we can only hope...

Hi @BlueOrbit
    I have nexus 7, but cannot add any widgets to lock screen with a pin. Can you guide me through this?
    thanks
    Dzigner
    SaifPrints(3D printing services)
    Devices:
    Note 10.1 2014, Nexus 7, LG Nexus 4
    Samsung RC512
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by dzigner View Post
    Hi @BlueOrbit
    I have nexus 7, but cannot add any widgets to lock screen with a pin. Can you guide me through this?
    thanks
    In the widget area slide to right with your finger until you see a big + sign. Click on it and add widgets from a widget menu. Then if you have more than one widget, you can move through them on a lock screen by sliding to left or right. The default widget is the one which is to the right of all the other widgets (you can move them around).
    Thanked by:

oh thank you. Atleast I have nexus 7 now with widgets. still no go with note 10.1 2014 though.
    Dzigner
    SaifPrints(3D printing services)
    Devices:
    Note 10.1 2014, Nexus 7, LG Nexus 4
    Samsung RC512

I just loaded applauncher. Let's you put a widget on and use your camera, music and social apps from the lock screen.

Posted via Android Central App
    beh

Global Posts
    598 Global Posts

The whole point to securing a phone with a pin, password, etc. is to LOCK the phone. If you can use widgets on the lockscreen to bypass the security measure why are you even using a security message?
    Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910V
    Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V
    Galaxy Note 8 SGH-1467
    Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P900
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Well, Kit Kat allows us to add widgets to a lock screen without compromising security. I want to be able to view notifications on a lock screen and I can do this on a Kit Kat device like a Nexus 7. Why is this not possible on a Samsung Note 3?

There have been a couple other discussions about this as well. As of right now, on 4.3 there is no way to add widgets to the lock screen unless you only have swipe to unlock selected.

Personally I agree with the OP. It's a huge downer. You lose out on some of the functionality of the lock screen.
    Not convenient as well.
    On my Note 2 I had the app row turned on my lock screen. Super handy!

On a side note, having widgets on a lock screen doesn't make it any less secure. Apps can be restricted to their actions in a lock screen widget, as well, you can pick and choose what widget you would want on there. If you don't want someone reading your text messages on your lock screen, then don't put that widget on there... Or don't give you phone to another.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk