Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Don't be shy... Who is going Naked?

My Note 3 is just too beautiful to cover up with any ugly shroud.

I am extremely careful with her but over the next couple of years she will incur a couple of minor scratches and dings. These are merely honorable badges of a life fully lived. She will be even more beautiful then than she is now.
    And in the fullness of time (two years) she will find a place in my collection (drawer) of past loves.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by 3:

Default Re: Don't be shy... Who is going Naked?

I sell my device every year so I can get the new one.. I must keep it mint. Minimal protection. Thin case,, temperd glass screen protector.. When I sell the phone and watch and all my other accessories next October for 500 dollars I want to make sure the buyer is getting a mint device. That's what I did with my note 2 and my evo lte.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.
    Thanked by 2:
    Harlemknight likes this.

I used to but cases but recently stopped. I tried the otterbox for my Note 3 but promptly sent it back. The looks and feel off this phone is to Good to cover up I agree. I also sell my phones so I can get a new one but I don't worry about mint anymore. What it is is what it is. I'll just enjoy my phone and stop the worrying

Rockin my Note 3
    Thanked by 2:
    MissouriFarmer likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I sell my device every year so I can get the new one.. I must keep it mint. Minimal protection. Thin case,, temperd glass screen protector.. When I sell the phone and watch and all my other accessories next October for 500 dollars I want to make sure the buyer is getting a mint device. That's what I did with my note 2 and my evo lte.

When I tried to 'trade in' my two year old Droid Razr the sales person used a 'special polishing' cloth and found a small scratch in one corner. Because of that I was offered $17 instead of $50 for it. Needless to say it now resides in my drawer.
    Your method of selling each year is understandable. 'different strokes for different folks' have a great day all!

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriFarmer View Post
    When I tried to 'trade in' my two year old Droid Razr the sales person used a 'special polishing' cloth and found a small scratch in one corner. Because of that I was offered $17 instead of $50 for it. Needless to say it now resides in my drawer.
    Your method of selling each year is understandable. 'different strokes for different folks' have a great day all!

Should have tried Gazelle

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 2:
    ICords81 likes this.

I was going to but this phone has such a nice big screen I grabbed a slim case with a kickstand to hold it up for me when watching movies .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Have to keep my beautiful baby mint for when I sell her, I can get her New born little sis when she comes to the market.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post

Exactly... I've done this for at least 3yrs or more, going back as far as my Palm Treo and Pre. I sold My Galaxy S2 for $270, and with upgrade only paid $250 for my S3 32GB. Just sold my Note II with all my accessories for $330. My phones look just about as good as when I buy them. Case and screen protector the day of or after I buy them. I keep the box, and all accessories. I just dropped my Note 3 coming out of the gym right on concrete... A little roughness on corners\side of case, but phone is all good. The $20 I probably paid for the case and screen protector combines is worth every penny.
    Thanked by:
    zmann 

Global Posts
    10,397 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

The neohybrid I have on here does look good, but it bulks it up a bit. If I didn't have kids I would rock it without a case and screen protector, but my little ones tend to grab the phone and the next thing I know is that it is in another room. They are far less careful than I, therfore I can't!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by DCSholtis View Post
    Should have tried Gazelle

Yes, will look into it, but I am 67 years old. Maybe my GN3 will not become obsolete before I. Do!

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Naked for sure. I've never been a fan of cases for any of my phones. I picked up the Spigen bounce which is pretty good as far as cases go, but I hardly ever put it on. I'll probably get the s view flip cover in mocha gray if they ever decide to release it, but that's not really much of a 'case'

Ive had my Note 3 almost 2 months now. Tried several cases and found MOMAX to be the thinnest. It still feels different in the hand from being naked. Ive dropped it twice naked and have scratches and nicks. But i plan on going naked. Then add the spigen glas t.r to protect screen. Does that consider being naked? I still like the feeling of the faux leather but jist want to protect screen from breaking

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by hdradaza View Post
    Ive had my Note 3 almost 2 months now. Tried several cases and found MOMAX to be the thinnest. It still feels different in the hand from being naked. Ive dropped it twice naked and have scratches and nicks. But i plan on going naked. Then add the spigen glas t.r to protect screen. Does that consider being naked? I still like the feeling of the faux leather but jist want to protect screen from breaking

Well since the screen protector is transparent... I suppose you are still naked. :-)

Tried On a case but got tired of the way it felt Cos it seemed to add a lot of bulk. I love the way it feels without any case so I bought a screen protector.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
    Sent via the Android 5.0 MilkShake

I got a case but have only used it one day...so far been rocking it with nothing. Hopefully I won't regret it.

I rock it naked and proud.

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts

I don't know about proud, more like no shame nor pride! Transparently naked - No case, but a screen protector.

Naked and loving it. When it's time to sell, I'll pop a new back on for $10 or less. SquareTrade insurance covers any major incident and makes a great incentive to buy the device used as the warranties can be transferred. Very easy to sell a used device that comes with a warranty for top dollar.

DELETE

I wish I was brave enough to go naked. I'm clumsy. I dropped my phone already. So I always had to have a case.
    It's really thin without one and hard for me to hold it! I'm still in search of a really good case. A girly one.
    I sold my iPhone 4s for 300.00 and that thing has tons of scratches one it. LOL

I am definitely in this thread for the wrong reasons.

:rolleyes:

Sent from the Resistance Hidey Hole in the Taco Nation, while using Tapatalk 4 on an HTC One.
    MissouriFarmer and SGEN3 like this.

I'm using a protective case (I always do with phones that cost several hundred dollars out-of-pocket). But I've also just ordered a new Durango and the storage space up front is limited. I've gone back to looking at car mounts for phones and the one I want looks like it works best without a case on the phone. so I may have to take the case off while in the car But if it means no sticky residue or drilling into the dash of the car, I think it'll be worth it to take the case off for the amount of time it'll be in the car. The only drawback is the very real risk of loosening the bezel by repeatedly removing the snug-fit case.
    Error

Quote Originally Posted by BeRich View Post
    I'm using a protective case (I always do with phones that cost several hundred dollars out-of-pocket). But I've also just ordered a new Durango and the storage space up front is limited. I've gone back to looking at car mounts for phones and the one I want looks like it works best without a case on the phone. so I may have to take the case off while in the car But if it means no sticky residue or drilling into the dash of the car, I think it'll be worth it to take the case off for the amount of time it'll be in the car. The only drawback is the very real risk of loosening the bezel by repeatedly removing the snug-fit case.
    Something you might consider depending on you vehicle setup is a magnetic car dock - I've had a number of traditional clamp type ones for other phones but thought I'd try something a bit different and am astounded how well it works: Amazon.com: InfiniApps Slyde CD Slot Mount for Smartphones, Cradle-less Universal cell phone holder with Quick-snap technology, magnetic cell phone mount: Cell Phones & Accessories

I only use a bumper case (Amazon.com: Bear Motion for Galaxy Note 3 - Premium Bumper Ring Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note III (Black) (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories) so the metal plate for the dock is under stock backplate and works REALLY well - rock solid and secure. I like the setup because even if I opt for a full case all I have to do is relocate the plate to be between the stock back and case back. Can't say enough good things about this dock - jump in the car, pop the phone on and it locks on tight.

Love the feel, the phone is beautiful. No covering this thing up for me.
    I won't say I will never use a case but for now naked.

iOS and Android are BOTH great. iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5S, LG Optimus G Pro, S3, S4, Note 3, Moto X..
    Currently using LG G2, Note 3 and Nokia 520 WP8

Yet to find a really slim case, so my phone is busy streaking!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast