Facebook Notifications on Lockscreen

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

Is anyone experiencing this issue? I'll try to describe it the best I can without being confusing hehe

When I get a Facebook notification and the device is locked, pulling down on the notification bar and selecting said notification does not unlock the device and takes me to the app (all other notifications for other apps do). Moreover, after doing that, if I unlock the device, Facebook has been opened and the story I'm being notified about is there, but no comments load... ever. I have to go into the notification area (the little globe icon), select the same story again, and THEN it will load all the comments. If I get the notification while the device is unlocked and select it from the notification bar, then the story loads without issues.

Same thing with Messenger; chat heads don't show over the lockscreen (I can't remember if this was how it worked on my past phone, really) but also, selecting the notification while locked does not unlock the device.

I'm using the latest Facebook app version, but I am in the Beta program.

Anyone else?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup... same one... Darn! I'll see if I can replicate it on a different phone and see if the issue is with the app or with the app AND the phone...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So, I tried this on a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 and same behavior. Must be a Facebook bug, but I fear it's a bug WITH Galaxy devices :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol