Netgear PTV3000 and Note 3

abulsfia

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi everybody! I bought such Push2TV dongle for my former S3, but it doesn't connect with my SM9005. It enters connection mod but doesn't achieve connection. The Note 3 says its disconnected after approx. one minute. Has anybody succeeded to connect these two? Thank you!

Posted on Note 3 via Android Central App

nobrakes

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi everybody! I bought such Push2TV dongle for my former S3, but it doesn't connect with my SM9005. It enters connection mod but doesn't achieve connection. The Note 3 says its disconnected after approx. one minute. Has anybody succeeded to connect these two? Thank you!

Make sure you have a newer firmware on the ptv3000. I've been using it since last December with a nexus 4 and now on my note 3 with no problems

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

abulsfia

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for answering! It is updated to the newest published firmware. Would you be so kind and look what firmware version you are using? Or maybe is because my SM9005 is updated too... What you said makes things very frustrating for me. Many thanks, again.

sabues

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here,

I bought a PTV3000 and it 'sort of' worked with my Samsung Note III, (choppy sound and some multi-color pixeled noise which was not part of the image). Then I've focused on make my notebook work, which if finally did after upgrading the Video card driver, WiFi driver and WiDi software. In the process I updated the firware for PTV3000 to the latest version 2.4.38.
When I went back to my Galaxy, it didn't work at all. It connects, PTV stays in "connecting to wireless display device..." and the phone says "connected". after 30-40 sec. the Phone display "Screen Mirroring has been tuned off".
Tested with older firmare versions: 2.4.26, 2.4.19, 2.4.3, 2.2.16 getting the same results.
Unfortunately I didn't take note of what was the original firmware version out of the box.

Went back to the latest 2.4.38 and performed a factory reset. Same issue.
Installed the Samsung screen mirroring patch from play store -> same issue, It seems to fail faster.

So I'm stuck now in this situation.
Please post any update!

thank you!